ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #1486
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
... but can I have one with the sidecar on the correct side for blighty-riding?
Theres just no satisfying you is there Look, just gloo it on the other side, register it as a mobility scooter & you'll be virtually untouchable by the Old Bill. See, I got the plans, you need a plan? come to me, I got them.

Quote:
Also, bloo, the most important point about dropping your bike is this...did anyone see you do it?
He's quite right you know, that's what really matters, however I do like to overact the 'oh what a jolly wheeze ha ha I fell off' body language just in case there's a spectator I don't spot, and as I've said I always throw myself under the bike as it goes down & that helps to hide your identity a little...

Anyway Bloo, I've attached a helmet repair kit below, just print it out & gloo over the effected area & it'll be fine for another decade or so -
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-26-2011 at 01:13 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #1487
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
One person saw me

And that person was my wife. She has been making fun of me so I don't think it scared her too much. Thanks very much for the repair kit. I was going to mount my lid to the wall as I think this is some sort of right of passage. I have fucked up my first lid in a crash so I am now at least a junior member of the fraternity and not a complete noob.

I wish the helmet looked a little more banged up though. At least then I could tell people a cool story like *I kissed it running from the cops or something. Thanks very much for the encouragement. I might try and post a picture of the bruise on my ass as it is pretty big(both my ass and the bruise) and looks very much like something John Wayne would have gotten falling off a horse during a gun fight. In any event it makes me feel manly and thats what matters. BTW I got back on the bike like I had been practicing how to properly fall off a bike.

* " Kissed it " over here, and especially in the south, means crashed, fell down, fucked up, ran into a wall...etc.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #1488
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

DBD, I see the Bezumph is @ Anglsey again this year on 29th/30th July, I'll avoid the obvious down hill left hander references, & just say that were such a thing possible I'd be very interested in taking the DWM there this year if there's any space in your wagon train?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #1489
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
mobility scooter....?

"Mobility scooter...."

That reminds me...a couple of days ago I saw a cop giving a bloke sitting in a mobility scooter a ticket....serves him right, they're a real menace those OAP's, they're usually on drugs of some kind.

Bloo...it's ok if it was just your wife who saw you falling off, they don't count either.
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #1490
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,349
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #1491
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
DBD, I see the Bezumph is @ Anglsey again this year on 29th/30th July, I'll avoid the obvious down hill left hander references, & just say that were such a thing possible I'd be very interested in taking the DWM there this year if there's any space in your wagon train?
We will see. Mad one eye'd dave is taking his cafe racer so could be 3 air heads going round and round and round and fall off
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #1492
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Living in the woods...
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #1493
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Is that a past photo (I recognise the landscape) or are you on a historical re-enactment vibe-stylee kind of thing? If so....hope it's a get-back-to-nature exercise, and not a synaptic mindstorm scenario? Not that I don't think you blend quite well in the great outdoors, it's just that you may well lose your ass in the prevailing sub-zero situational actuality....in any case, have you bought me a birthday present? I only ask because I'm self-obsessed and get a bit moody whenever I become 55. Only 25 hours and 53 minutes to go, and then numerologically-speaking, I'll add up to 1 which, as we all know, means something or other.....I forget what, exactly, but I used to know, which is the important thing. In other news, I have an enforced sit-down with the trick-cyclist coming up, due to my wilfull disobedience relative to acting normal and submitting to the happiness directive. I think they want to fuck about with my brain chemistry again, vis-a-vis soft metals. That's the last time I'll ever try and discuss the confluence of North-African politics and the Frankfurt School Paradigm with my good-lady Doctor, I can tell you. She grassed me up, and no mistake. Still, it gives me the opportunity to question the Standard Psychiatric Model which, as you know, is a favourite topic of mine, especially in relation to Airhead cubic displacement* between the years 1968 and '76.

See? This post is relevant after all.
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #1494
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

As if it matters...

Quote:
Is that a past photo etc.
It's a past pic, which was taken on the third day in the woods. For what it's worth I can tell you that my sleeping bag was drying on the bench behind me, and I had yet to put up the new cheapo tent, on the right of the bike. Or left from the obverse view -
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #1495
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

But before then.

The shed bed predated all the wood stuff though -
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #1496
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

This is where the STD1 currently lives -
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 03:25 PM Reason: Smaller pic
Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #1497
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

What do you see? -
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #1498
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
What do you see? -
A giant baby walking in two directions at the same time at the base of a rocket lift-off.

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #1499
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
...have you bought me a birthday present?
Ah well not exactly, I don't really do birthdays. Sorry. I think the only time I ever got you anything was by coincidence, and that was a 99p plastic vernier guage. Might I suggest you blow up the attached pic of a better vernier before glooing it on the one I provided, so it looks like I got you a new one? I will expect a thankyou letter.

Quote:
...I forget what, exactly, but I used to know, which is the important thing.
Ah, forgetting. I delight in it.

Quote:
...my wilfull disobedience relative to acting normal and submitting to the happiness directive.
So true, one must be compliant & get better, or at least less in crisis & going away. As an analogue I once observed amonst some Diffability Arts Workers the inclination to go that bit further for the 'nice, convenient or lovable diffability' clients, as though 'difficult' wasn't part of the other clients presented 'illness', or made them intrinsically less deserving? Is it easier to 'help' a pleasant compliant 'cripple' that knows their place?

I might imagine relevant professionals prefer to hear about (& can process) emotional reactions 'to...', rather than the triggers thereof? Besides, we know they're all madder than the maddest no?
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #1500
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
A giant baby walking in two directions at the same time at the base of a rocket lift-off.
Good gah, I don't know where you get that, or if you're simply making a sideways reference to my character

I think we should start you on the easier stuff -
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 04:11 PM Reason: pic wouldn'y attach