ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #1561
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
isn't actually actual, but more semi non actuating acting about actually being active in a actual state. Thus making an accelarating action with a acurate actually acting act.
an

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #1562
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,906
Quote:
Did I hear/see the DMW today???

My audi isn't a trike anymore ;-) shame I cant afford the fuel
No DMW yet, I'm working on bringing a battery back to life by 'charge boiling' surplus fluid off as the specific gravity was all messed up by me filling it too high & it wasn't happy at all.

It was the one from STD1, and all the cells but one are now back down to the suggested level & the battery is receiving & holding charge much better now. The DMW battery (14 ah) is currently on the STD1 & behaving well so when the (19 ah) STD1 battery is 'healed' I can swap & get the DMW running. I'm going to give it a good churn over with the plugs out just to get a bit of oil shifted around, and then see if it's happy to start. Then it's all about cashflow re tyre/tax/MOT/Insurance. Can't wait.

Glad to hear you took the third wheel off the Audi & it's running on two wheels as it naturally should. Did Audi ever produce a bike?

Quote:
isn't actually actual, but more semi non actuating acting about actually being active in a actual state. Thus making an accelarating action with a acurate actually acting act.
Hmmmm, it seems to me that between 4.11pm & 5.19pm somebody was spiked with LSD?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #1563
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh Built by Mature Workers...

BMW opens car plant where all employees are aged over 50

Take a break: Gerd Hertel, an employee at BMW, the world's largest premium automaker, rests between shifts at the plant in Dingolfing -
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #1564
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 440
I really really really hate air head wiring looms
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #1565
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh

Quote:
I really really really hate air head wiring looms
What? You want I should deliver you a CX500* harness of a similar vintage just so you can be reminded of exactly how nice the loom you're dealing with really is.

Granted, all the working out what's what & trying to understand why the hell they designed it so that if your charge bulb blows your battery doesn't get electrojuiced. I accept all that of course, and for me it's always a matter of trying to figure out something I already worked out but forgot since I last wired a build. I know it's a pain, but it could be so much worse.

* Best described as hard brittle plastic straws full of green powder with archeological condition 'connectors' at each end. If I were dealing with that I'd call in Phil from Time Team (Asstrails son) -
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #1566
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Trying to make something out of this spaghetti mess
Both looms are an unknown of unknown years. My favorite

Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #1567
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
What? You want I should deliver you 1.75 CX500's *with a harness of a similar vintage just so you can be reminded of exactly how nice the loom you're dealing with really is.

Granted, all the working out what's what & trying to understand why the hell they designed it so that if your charge bulb blows your battery doesn't get electrojuiced. I accept all that of course, and for me it's always a matter of trying to figure out something I already worked out but forgot since I last wired a build. I know it's a pain, but it could be so much worse.

* Best described as hard brittle plastic straws full of green powder with archeological condition 'connectors' at each end. If I were dealing with that I'd call in Phil from Time Team (Asstrails son) -
I panicked when i saw Asstrail had a son. I was glad your joking
Old 02-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #1568
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Poor Mrs Deadly, she'll be left to tidy your mess...

Quote:
Trying to make something out of this spaghetti mess. Both looms are an unknown of unknown years. My favorite
Ah, I think I see your problem, you've completely forgotten to plug your bin (B) into your cat scratch pole (C) using the special tape (A). Also you've got what I think is a metal tape measure (D) on the table?, you should this cut into various lengths & use to short out any problem areas (i.e. the entire loom).

Also, you've shit yerself, & by the look on your face it was a bit of a taxing task, but ultimately satisfying, which by coincidence is what sorting out wiring looms is all about
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #1569
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oh poor dear BC Ecclestone... Pt 2

'The Seats of Politic' (alternate title) by A.N. Onimous, an artist wot I like even if they doesn't like me liking them? Courtesy Serge le Blanc, image editing by A.N. Unvel-Komhand...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-20-2011 at 07:49 PM Reason: Not new, no right to impose, but alternate is ok? Also it might seem the answer to the previous Q is a wicked woman...
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #1570
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh Cor blimey

Ooh look, its allllll nekked!?!
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #1571
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh Saucy postcards Mrs? You want some? I got 'em...

This ones almost gynaecological!?!
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #1572
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Cheers Planktonnn but it doesn't help me with my poo/ loom problems
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #1573
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Question S'not gooing very well?

Quote:
Cheers Planktonnn but it doesn't help me with my poo/loom problems
Ooh dear, that sounds very glum. Might I suggest you work on the poo looms with them connected to the bikes meaty & manly charged battery (or 2, or maybe 30?), and then at least when you get the wrong connections & a quick jolt from the HT leads it may work as a crude form of anti depressant electro-shock therapy?

I knew a guy last year who was getting the full voltage version, and it really seemed to work for him. The staff told me he'd not spoken for six months before the 1st session. I did ask if his 1st wordz were "TURN THAT BLOODY THING ORFFFF!?!" but the 'not mad' staff didn't seem to get it you know?

It's like when a male staffer walked into TV lounge 1 (TV in 2 didn't work) to find half the ward amenably addled & raddled in front of the TV showing one of those Air Ambulance Emergency type programmes. A bloody & battered man was being treated alongside the Air Ambulance, & then flown off to Hostiple (as the toddler I used to call it). The Murse asked how the guy was injured, and there being no-one else in the room who wasn't either mutely sedated with someone elses scrip meds or thru rampant aerosol sniffing, or busy urinating on the floor, or a pre electro-therapy silent type, I naturally saw it as my duty to reply 'He got landed on by the Copter...' Again he didn't even twinge, they just open their note books & write some shit down. No sense of humour - that, without fear of contradiction by facts, is THE single biggest & most pressing ultra urgent problematic issue crisis trouble &/or predicament the Pritish psychiatric system faeces. Sorry, faces.

Hope the pic below helps -
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-21-2011 at 03:13 PM Reason: z
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1574
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
God, what happened to this thread? Someone seems to have clamped electrodes to its balls and flicked the switch, as it appears to have woken up from a deep sleep. Anyway, hope everyone's well and hearty? Now then, what's been posted recently? I see dirtyboydeadly's doing the wiring-loom watusi....all I can say is that the last time I had it on the 'best airhead in the world' it all worked just fine, even had the indicators working and the horn went toot-toot. However, I must say that it's set up for points, which might cause a small problem were one to try and make it work for electronic ignition but it's not a great problem to add in the small section of wiring that runs to the ign control module (it's in the box of goodies, DBD) however, I might be barking up the wrong tree, and the problem might be to do with one of DBD's other airheads. In either case, I'm innocent, ok? Airhead wiring looms are sent onto this earth to challenge the personality and character of airhead owners, as we know; you just have to persevere and keep on banging your head against a wall until it all connects up properly. As a tip, don't forget to deal with the indicator buzzer tails, either loop them together or fit a buzzer, or you'll have all manner of shit trying to get yer winkers winking appropriately. Also, watch out for your headlight relay; fit the wrong one and things go very wrong. Same goes for your indicator relay and, while I think about it, your starter relay. Here's another tip...decide what year you want your wiring loom to 'represent' and fit all relays as that 'year', and everything should be just great until it all goes horribly wrong again......

I notice planktonnn had posted a pic of an intriguing piece of postmodernist sculpture a few posts back, by a very talented artist by the name of Serge le Blanc....I was so intrigued by it that I took the trouble of contacting Monsieur le Blanc* to get a better pic of it, which I'm posting below, so as to raise the tone of this thread, thereby stimulating the latent sensitivities of all the drunks, derelicts and drug abusers that wash up here. As you can see, the sculpture is constructed from an artfully arranged series of interconnecting school chairs, held in place with G clamps and, in my opinion, is one of the best pieces of sculpture I've ever seen.

*Multiple personalities are great, aren't they?
Attached Images

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #1575
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
God, what happened to this thread?
The Behemoth awakes!?!