ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #1666
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,589
Thumb Longer post later, but for now...

On a visit to Dave the mechanics today to arrange an MOT for the DMW I stumbled across this beauty, tho I could only take phone pics -
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #1667
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumb This is not the longer post, as is apparent by its length.

Apologies for pic size but I've no image editing on this machine -
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #1668
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

No, still short, longer later.

This was nice too -
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #1669
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Hi all.....
Hope all your motorcycles go vroooooooomm!!
the one u sold me doesnt, hurry up and get better so u can come over and wire it up ( thats proper with lights and shit )

none of this day light mot only crap please

Planktonnn cool side car rig
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #1670
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumb

Recently I was lucky enough to be able to visit our PJ, and he's not making it up just to force up the thread views you know. He had a sizeable zipper of staples fitted to his front*, & I can only imagine this was so they could get in & out more conveniently to sort out whatever shit they caused him next. However I have the pleasure of telling you that as I pulled up outside PJCR12 Towers I could see the shadowy shape of our dear half man/half attitude behemoth leering behind the window & giving me the bird.

As the door opened I thought for a moment that PJ had got himself his very own Lurch the Butler, however it turned out to be him; so gaunt he brought to mind The Scream by Edvard Munch. But then when you think of what the poor chaps had stuck wherever by whomever for whatever reason whenever they liked then it’s really no surprise. This was a very VERY close call…

I can happily report that the humour has not been cut out of him, and while we agreed to leave the ‘you have the STD1’ for a couple of months I was heartened to note that as he came out to see me off he couldn’t help blurting a ‘Well if I did have it I’d…’ as I started it up. At this point I decided it would be spectacularly funny to u turn the bike and drop it in the process. This was pre-planned & totally on purpose and not at all foolish. While laying on its side I couldn’t resist running it up thru the gears, rear wheel spinning, and me waving goodbye from my prone stationary position. He tried to limp across the road to help but I fear he may have already burst a staple laughing at me, so I quickly honked it up and, my quest to amuse him fulfilled, I zoomed off chuckling to myself that at least I’d been able to lift a little bad fortune from him & pasted it on myself.

The DMW is insured, has an MOT booked so I hope to be running with it very soon. I may have taken a few runs to do what I understand to be called installation laps, though I may have simulated a TT length course, although of course I may not and this does not constitute a formal admission for legal purposes. It runs very happily and is a delight to ride. Compared to the STD1 it’s got very low narrow bars on it, and to me it seems as though I’m putting in the same steering inputs and getting a much more direct ratio response. But it feels lovely, and I look forward to putting 1000 miles on it in the next month.

* Which I imagine to have been removed by now?
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 AM   #1671
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumb DMW update...

Passed MOT though I woke at 9.16am for a 9.15am appointment d'oh. Got there pronto and it passed no trouble. Done tax disk online, had swapped insurance Sunday so we're all go
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #1672
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumbs down Rest in loving peace - Diggory John Atkins. My friend, son & brother of dear friends

Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend tomorrow...

Mums heartache after son dies on fishing trip.

THE family of a Thame man who tragically drowned while fishing earlier this month have paid tribute to their ‘loving’ son. Twenty-two-year-old Diggory John Atkins had been out on a regular night fish at Broughton Lakes in Aylesbury last month when he was found dead by his friend in the morning. It is not yet known how he came to drown but there is expected to be an inquest into his death later this year. Mum Caro is now leading the tributes to her son, who was a former pupil at Lord Williams’s School.

She said: “Diggory John was and always will be loved by his family and friends – he will be in our hearts forever.” Diggory John was a well-known member of the Thame community and will be most remembered for his happy outlook on life. Caro said: “He always had a smile on his face – we are looking back at photos and he always looked so happy. “He had quite a witty sense of humour and was always making little observations about the things around him.” The Thame community have been sharing their memories with the family by sending in a large number of condolence cards. One in particular grabbed the mind of Caro, who said: “A comment that came through described him as being ‘a comedian that paralleled no other’.”

Diggory John was an active member of the community throughout his life and will be remembered by numerous clubs across the town. He used to play for Chinnor Rugby Club as a teenager, before switching sports to play football for Thame Youth. During the summer months, Diggory spent his time playing cricket, representing both Chearsley and Brill. He also attended Haddenham Infant and Junior School and was in the middle of studying Horticulture at the Abingdon and Witney College. His love for plants came after volunteering at the Vana Trust Organic Therapeutic Farm, Ludgershall.

Diggory John’s funeral will be held at the Oxford Crematorium next Friday (April 8) at 3pm and all his friends are invited. Instead of flowers his family are asking for donations to the Vana Trust Cooperative Funeral Care.

Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #1673
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Can't stand seeing this thing on page 7 or whatever

Dropped one on Sunday but It only left one small scratch on the crash bar. Yeah I'm a noob.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #1674
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Well, it’s been some considerable time since my last ramble made its way as far as getting posted here. I’ve started a few, though some never made it as far as having any words inserted into them, in fact many more didn’t even make it as far as having a subject chosen. Most were empty word docs that just ended up closed. This may?

You see, most of the time has been spent scooting around the lanes & roundabouts of the rural southern arse end of these here Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms. And all of this scooting has been on the ‘seat’ of the DMW Rat Airhead, and it’s been an absolute farquing deelite. The bike itself has so far behaved almost entirely impeccably, which will of course now spell disaster as long time lurkers will know that usually for me any sign of success is swiftly replaced by 7 layers of composite failure &/or misfortune. But you know what? It seems to be going mostly pretty ok. Tho as a result my bad luck seems to be being deflected onto those around me… How much will it cost to untie this knot and buy my tatty soul* out of a deal with all the devils, which some fukka signed years ago for their own benefit, using my sorry ass as collateral.

And bugger me (don’t), as if by magic, as I write this, a problem has arisen regarding my ex-wife** (perhaps rightfully?) getting right pissy about me having a new relationship & threatening all sorts of dis-ownings & get your stuff out of here, and seemingly teaching the kids not to want me n stuff n ting. Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we make as though to breed…

The thing is that actually having adventures leaves very little time for writing about them, and I firmly despise the thronging dung brained multitude that are so very busy filming every moment that transits by them that they really can’t be living them in the ‘Now’ can they? Mother fuckers!?! Apparently, I’m not like other people…

I’ve only had one near crash in the 1000+ miles I’ve covered in the last week and a half or so, as on approaching a roundabout on the major route a little red ‘car’ dawdled out from a minor feed road and pootled at half a mile an millenium towards precisely where I was headed. Now, let’s be clear, the little red mobile barricade had right of way, and I wasn’t exactly crawling along. However this really is a case of a driver operating more slowly than the normal flow of traffic being the source of a potential hazard. Oh Yes, and me for zooming, I know. But then I usually work on the basis that if I’m going fast enough I’ll be out of the way before they get to the site of the accident that therefore doesn’t happen, you know what I mean?

Either way if they’d bloody got on with it I wouldn’t have had to jam on the brakes, and, while tap dancing down the gears, frantically mimick a slipper clutch with my left hand in a vain effort to avoid locking the rear wheel. There was plenty of shale & gravel on the offside margins of the road, and I was automatically cautious about seriously jamming on the K series brakes I have fitted as part of the complete K front end transplant onto the DMW. I don’t mind the back end slithering & skitting, but I do hate locking the front, as there’s little I can do to get it back once it gets beyond letting it off the brakes & hoping gyroscopic self-righting*** flukes me back out of it.

The rear wheel locked a couple of times & my unconscious cadence braking kicked in as my right foot foolishly/fortunately sought to emulate years of ludicrous costly BMW ABS development, and apply some retardive traction to the tarmac, but anyway I managed to just about pull it up short and avoid both the car & the roundabout. So nothing really exciting then, but the nearest I’ve come to getting all crasho big style in the recent past.

The only other thing the DMW is doing is giving me an intermittent misfire at higher revs once it’s got a little hot. The temperature dipstick shows an operating temp of around 100 of whatever scale it’s measuring in? Tried WD40 everywhere, checking the HT leads, changing the plugs, swapping the HT leads to each different plug, swapping the HT leads to either coil, etc. I’ve got a strong guess at a bad earth somewhere, or a coil failure. As part of this incoherent reconnaissance thru the electrics I had the pleasure of ‘getting’ how coils activate. Yay me?!? Next I’ll seek out & replace 2 burnt wires in the headlight shell/front loom. The problem seems to have eased slightly, so may work itself out, but I fear it may take a bit of sorting, which will right royally peeve me rotten. Any suggestions as to possible solutions are of course welcome. Symptom wise it kicks in after a while, runs fine at lower revs in all the gears, and then after a while it vanishes & I’ve got full revs again. No rev counter so no idea where the hinge point is.

I hear the sound of a baby bawling endlessly, and for a passing fraction of tiny tempus I wonder whether it is outside me or not.

And here are other words to make 1000.

* A form of badly performed Northern Soul.
** That one that divorced me (4 good reasons) & clearly stated that she & were not We any longer, confusing huh? It may lead having to dismantle & relocate the Shedquarters & its contents, i.e. everything I own, shifted at short notice & nowhere to put it.
*** Was it a Cagiva GP running along the pitwall @ Phillip Island?

My gal -
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #1675
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2 An email from an ex wife...

- cut -

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-26-2011 at 01:03 PM Reason: " & names.... & propriety.
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #1676
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,392
You seem to have struck a nerve.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #1677
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Happy to sell your stuff and get maintenance in advance.

What was that they say about a woman scorned? Oh yes:P

Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Onward.
fishkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #1678
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkens View Post
What was that they say about a woman scorned? Oh yes:P

Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Onward.
And Proverbs 21:19 provides excellent advice on the matter:
"It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman."

6000 years ago those old doods knew all about it and nothing has changed.

Happy Easter, Y'all!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #1679
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2 Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we make as though to breed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
Dropped one on Sunday but It only left one small scratch on the crash bar. Yeah I'm a noob.
You ok then Bloo? What happened exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
And Proverbs 21:19 provides excellent advice on the matter: "It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman." 6000 years ago those old doods knew all about it and nothing has changed. Happy Easter, Y'all!
Well, yes. As with so many things, little changes over the millennia. Hooman nature remains the same & people insist on remaining Sheeple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkens View Post
What was that they say about a woman scorned? Oh yes :P Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd. Onward.
Ditto. It seems that as long as one remains a single pissed off fuktard divorcee sitting glumly in a single room suffering, then all is well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
You seem to have struck a nerve.
Ditto ditto. It's all very confusing but utterly predictable. To be entirely frank & open, what confuses me is reconciling the idea of kids running up to me all beaming smiles & welcoming joy, with kids seemingly agreeing to be entirely without me forever. But forgive me for raising such issues here, I'm just trying not to play vile emotional ping pong, you know?

The funny (strange) thing is that I had a sharp pain between my shoulder blades as though I were stabbed, though it seems to have passed away now...

Old 04-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #1680
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Ditto ditto. It's all very confusing but utterly predictable. To be entirely frank & open, what confuses me is reconciling the idea of kids running up to me all beaming smiles & welcoming joy, with kids seemingly agreeing to be entirely without me forever. But forgive me for raising such issues here, I'm just trying not to play vile emotional ping pong, you know?

The funny (strange) thing is that I had a sharp pain between my shoulder blades as though I were stabbed, though it seems to have passed away now...
Once you realise there isn't a thing you can do about how/what people can and will do and stop being surprised by what they're capable of, it can actually be kind of freeing.

Do you really want someone around who'd agree to go along with so vile a plan?

Better off without 'em.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote