ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.36%
Nasty? 28 12.90%
Nasty but nice? 160 73.73%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #1696
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,748
crash = broken right collar bone & multiple ribs. more details when i can type...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #1697
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
crash = broken right collar bone & multiple ribs. more details when i can type...

Bloody hell. I saw your bike this morning on my way to work.

Hope your not too sore

P.s you need to move this to face plant
Dirtyboydeadly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #1698
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Bloody hell. I saw your bike this morning on my way to work. Hope your not too sore P.s you need to move this to face plant
Sore? yes. it's a straight thru break with couple of detached fragments, and though it's the first collar bone I done do broken-ed, everthing I've heard about it's true, and I could feel the tentatively knitting bones breaking apart at least 3 times today. The ribs I'm used to and unless they're shattered there's really not a lot that can be done about them.

Of course I'm aware that people do plate up broked collar bones, however not being a moto gp rider or equestrian it hardly matters, and 27 years ago I had a break in the (?) bone of my right forearm which plated, however it was not a great success. Partly because in fit of pique I cut the cast off after a couple of weeks, and partly because the eventual removal happened the week before an expensive holiday, which was somewhat ruined as a result.

Astral got the bike back to The Place' this afternoon, and the only issues are a snapped headlight lens (Anyone got a spare?), and the right foot-peg, of which I have a spare, a little chip on a rocker cover fin, and that's about it...
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #1699
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
WTF??!! I'll tell you this, planktonnn, but there's a reason why there's only two fully paid up members of the Martha Farquar International Collective, and that's because no-one else could endure the happenings that have befallen us in the last two years, and that's a fact.....

Glad to hear that there's not much wrong with the bike (I have a headlamp glass, can bring it over sunday if you're at home?) and that bonewise you aren't too badly off, but collar bone and ribs eh? I bet you're stifling the laughs and trying not to giggle too much....

On a mature and sensible level, I have to ask the question - were you going too fast and/or was a roundabout involved at all, hmmmm? You know how you are with excessive speed and negotiating road-features......

As soon as you're able, please provide a detailed narrative re the crash in order to amuse and enlighten the assembled throng, ok?

By the way, glad you're not dead and hope the bone-knitting goes well. I'll have a turtle-kneck jumper and a scarf, cheers.
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #1700
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
- were you going too fast and/or was a roundabout involved at all, hmmmm? You know how you are with excessive speed and negotiating road-features......

At least I fell off going to fast round a race track.

Mend soon O Great Planktonnianus
Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #1701
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Better than me, last time I fell off I was going about 3 mph. Hope you heal up soon. Cannot wait to hear the story.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #1702
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
Cannot wait to hear the story.
all will be revealed when i recover the ability to type with 2 hands but there's not that much to reveal as i have cranial impact amnesia from just before the event until some considerable time later
Old 04-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #1703
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Trip with the Goose

The weather is really beautiful here. Took the Goose on first 100 mile ride. Pics below,

Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #1704
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Jobs for STD1
  • Battery? ELA59652 current one screwed.
  • Battery rubber straps FRA43562
  • Dashboard volt meter replacement? Current one very jumpy. Does PJ have one? Will my other 1 work or fit?
  • * Tighten steering head bearings v slightly.
  • * Check Fork tops tightened slightly? & replace fluid. Oil leakage from top - O-rings? Bars off, big socket @ shedquaters. Book torque?
  • * Choke return springs (current don't fully return chokes) FUA37370. Later 'cable/spring closing' rather than earlier 'wires push shut' type. Or shorten springs already in place without snapping them...
  • Rubber strips between fairing & Pockets FAA07190 Not a big issue but pockets are wet thru without. DIY store options cheaper. Briefly investigate.
  • * Replace air screw in left carb (pointy end mangled) FUA35302 Causes carb imbalance & sooty plug on one side. Get carbs adjusted via magic Dave ear.
  • * Side stand spring pivot plate (just 1.50!) - is it 1 or 2?, how are the springs? FRA10739 & FRA10721 - where was the previous discussion & pics in this thread? Do please find it for me dear minions of mine...
  • * Top strip 'sidelight' bulb? LIA63576
  • Pannier clip, canibalise extra case from Asstrall
  • * Cut section from centre stand
  • * Kurerust on stand & bare sections
  • Er...
Tightened up fork tops and steering stem nut. All were finger tight
Repaired broken indicator switch and replaced rely.
Washed bike
Stood and stared at it
Changed air screw in left carb, no fuel so cant run it up
Adjusted position of right hand fuel tap as it was annoying me
Investigated side light and found bulb loose in light.

Stood and stared at it abit more.

dug out "other" mono bevel and stared at that for a bit.

Filled gear box up with oil, it still wines. Might go to "daves" and see what he thinks.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #1705
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
DBD......keep standing and looking at the STD1. A fine motorcycle. I've just remembered that I put in rather a long steering lock stop bolt, so the levers didn't foul on the fairing. This probably explains the bike's tendency to fall over on low-speed turns. I just thought I'd mention it. Also...battery fucked? That fucker was brand new this time last year. I'll throw a rock through the window of the shop I bought it from.....also fork tops and steering head loose? That'll explain the tank slappers. Well done, keep diagnosing and carrying out remedial actions......

Also, I'd like to be the first with bone-related planktonnn information - it appears his collar bone is detached at both ends. That must make it a floaty bone yeah? If I was him, I'd get my doctor to prescribe some hefty anaesthesia.....I suggest 'oramorph' which is a very nice morphine-based pain killer. It makes everything feel just great.

ps Bloo...very nice bike. I'm sending over another ex-wife in the crate.
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #1706
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post

Also, I'd like to be the first with bone-related planktonnn information - it appears his collar bone is detached at both ends. That must make it a floaty bone yeah?
A fully floating collar bone, they cost extra dont they????

Re the STD1 the left fork seal is boned and notchy head bearings prob not helping matters.

Going to concentrate on the "blue" twin shock rt and get that up and running and then sort out the std1.

Bought road tax for the cafe today so the mono might get the "spare" tax, tested and insured number plate if you get my drift

Dirtyboydeadly screwed with this post 05-01-2011 at 02:16 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #1707
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

The blue one is alive
Old 05-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #1708
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
The blue one is alive
Grrrrrr
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #1709
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Pissed crash & burn, & utterly childish behaviour from an adult. No, not me.....

Well I'm no closer to knowing how & why the accident happened. All I can recall is the events immediately prior, which is me coming sedately around a roundabout* to find the two incoming lanes doing two entirely different things. The approaching right hand lane, which is designated straight on, contained a car doing just the right thing, which is waiting stationary. The approaching left hand lane is left turn only, and the arse driving the car therein continued dawdling out into my path, all the time looking at me & not reacting at all. Not slowing to keep out of my way, and not gassing it to get out of my way. Just gazing at me like a useless startled twat.

Now this is where my memory konks out. I have a passing impression of jumping up the kerb onto the grass, though this recollection is so vague that it can't really be trusted. At a guess the driver kept going and I braked, lifting up to try & go round the back of him. He may or may not have slowed, but either way I seem to have had to avoid him & taken myself off-road to miss him. I've then pitched off the bike and, from the damage both I and my leathers & helmet have received, seem to have landed on my right side. Thus a right broken collar bone, bruising on the right hip, and 3 or four ribs banged in at the flank by my right elbow. One also popping at the sternum, another seemingly cracking at the links at the rear (whatever that's called), shoulder & head. No damage to the gloves or hands/wrists so I imagine I landed on the right flank.

No sign of action by the police either against me or on my behalf, and no idea if the errant driver stopped, was stopped, or if anyone got the reg number. To me it seems a clear case of 'driving without due care & attention' or careless driving. No, not on my part you un-trusting gits

So I remember coming to in the shambulance, and the polis asking me which key worked the padlock to chain the bike up. Thankfully I was clued up enough to refuse the option of it being recovered to the polis yard, as last time this was done it cost me 266 fucking pounds. From there I've got nothing until coming to in the ICU in the emergency room, whining at the staff to put me down like the dog that I am.

It seems as though Asstral passed the scene of the incident & saw my bike, so he turned up @ the emergency room later, and eventually gave me a lift back to the flat. He was also kind enough to ride the bike back to the flat (half mile) on the Thursday...

Yesterday was a bad day for bone repairs. You try sneezing with broken ribs - all back to square one some week & a half after the crash. Not fun.

And talking of not fun, as I'm no longer sitting single & shattered in a small room, my dear ex wife has unilaterally decided that my children no longer wish to know me, and my shed & its contents are magically no longer welcome at the former family home... I doubt I will ever understand the stoopidity of hoomans.

* The first r/bout approaching Nailsburgh from the Oxfraud direction for those that might know the area.
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-27-2011 at 10:49 AM Reason: propriety etc.
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #1710
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Grrrrrr
That should have really read Brrrrrrrrmmmmmm brm, as it was actually intended as raucous praise rather than a begrudging Grrrrrrr. Hope that's all clear. Carry on.