ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.36%
Nasty? 28 12.90%
Nasty but nice? 160 73.73%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #1816
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
That will be cold old pal.
0.1mm inlet and 0.2 outlet
Oh and u might want to put oil in it too
Ta, what's that in old money as my metric gauges were bent + snapped, by a terrible be-scorn-ed tempest. I seem to recall IanDaveIan saying 4 in 7 out or thereabouts? When he did the carbs a little while back he didn't hear anything that concerned him, but though I trust his ears + instinct he was having to listen past the exhaust. I need to check the ignition timing too.

Is for sure full of oil, apart from the little that weeps from the rear seal or pump cover + collects on the rear lower shelf below the gearbox. There's only a little, and only a tiny amount gets on the rear tyre + makes it squirm under wet braking...

Pictured: The metrics prior to the apparent bendy/twist tumult...

Hang on, sort of answered my own question there as the pic shows 0.10mm = 004 for the in so am guessing a loose 006 or tight 008 for the out? Now if I only could be bothered to look on the netweb I'm sure I could find the info but, as with so many things right now, I really can't be bothered. I'm tired dammit.
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-06-2011 at 11:33 AM
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #1817
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,765
0.004" and 0.008" good old English thou's will set you to rights, Planktonnnnn.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #1818
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
0.004" and 0.008" good old English thou's will set you to rights, Planktonnn.
004 n 008 it is. Just done it, seems ok, ie no collisions 'twixt pistons + valves so far so I must have done it on the appropriate stroke each side. Left, which is the misfiring side, was fine. Right was a little tight. Both to book now, and in the 30 second I ran it then it all seemed fine. I would have run it way longer & got it to temp & balanced the carbs and... but I didn't because I am nice.

Ok so I don't think I'm nice, and I know you don't but churning over the engine without plugs to check for collisions and then giving it just a quick run 2 check type blastifaction, well I think that's nice, because it was considerate for those surrounding me. You know I'd like to have given it the proper blast, but I didn't because I thought of others. Now I'm sure you're wondering what's wrong with me, and being spanner monkeys you recognise just how much noise I could have made? So now go and mention it to the pretard who started moaning out the window, from behind his blinds of course.

"Waa wa wa waaa, bloody noise, fuck you, fuck your bike" etc.

"Nooooo, on the contrary, fuck yooooooo, I don't make a lot of noise, and I only did because I had to, and now I've stopped."

"Bla blah bla bah blah meaningless pussy threat" etc.

"Fuck offffffff, if you want to fuck my bike you'll have to come out here, come down & fuck it now, I'll take pictures you can show them to your wanky friends, now go back to sleep you workshy inbred."

"Silence..."

See what you get for being nice round here? Tomorrow I'll run it for half an hour purely & simply to demonstrate how nice I was being today. I live in a world full of tossers...

Pictured: My assistants, who held spanners + mopped my brow...
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #1819
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,765
Number 4 seems a bit pale, dun't she?
And get Number 3 a brassiere that fits the poor waif.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #1820
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

So the saying goes, life unworthy of life...

A useless mouth, that's me. And I'd just stopped to feed my useless mouth & a Bimmer pulled up next to me, 'Awwwwwite' lears the driver & I see that it's DBD. He seemed to have picked up a strange woman, but luckily she looked exactly like Mrs D, so if he keeps that up she'll never find out.

I'd just been out for a long ride to checkout yesterdays work, and stopped off at the woods I was living in last year (keep up at the back there). That's been a really long year, and a nasty one at that. I can't say there haven't been times where I've felt it would have been far better to have knocked me right out of play on day 1, which would have saved a lot of trouble for pretty much everybody involved. To be entirely blunt I've lost all hope of contact & communication with my 3 kids, and though I feel they're better off without me, I can't say that I think it's for the best. So there I was, sitting on my skullstone in the woods thinking this shit thru.

The bike seems to be behaving very well now, and all the fiddling seems to have paid off as it's pulling strong & not misfiring at all. Now I've said this it will of course explode in the car park... It's still running a little hot for my liking and I wonder about the ignition timing, but clean & smooth. So now to deal with all the other shit in my life.

Pictured: My majic doorstep...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 01:42 PM
Old 07-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #1821
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2 I guess I should add...

The root of the left side coughing back lay in the fact that the inlet stub carb rubber was partially kinked back behind the jubilee clip, and was therefore allowing gulps of air to enter the inlet tract beyond the butterfly. The coughing was the mixture igniting in the inlet throat & scorching back thru the carb. Cue air-box (f)ire?

This being sorted & re-screwed the coughing has ceased. However this doesn't explain the misfire, which was existent before the kinking occurred, tho gone now. The valve timing does appear to have sorted things somewhat, but was in fact the result of faulty thunking, as I was wondering about valve timing allowing cough-back in the carbs, whereas it was of course caused by excessive oxygenation of the inlet tract (a 'leak' to you prolz) allowing a ratio of mixture which facilitated 'pop bang' (technical term). Just to add that PJCR2025 is understandably wondering about wiring, and particularly coils. I'm sort of trying to avoid this as I'd hate to think I'll have to disturb the electrical installtion, and thereby cause 16 problems (no more, no less) that mask the original issue & put me off the road, possibly in a ditch, probably with the bike on fire.

Of course this doesn't end up looking good for me or the quality of my mecha-experi(ence)ments, but I have to be without pride, open & fully divulgent other wise what is the point of all this. Yes, what is the point of all this?

Pictured: A punter @ a videogig, this time in Bristol. I do like to leave them feeling slightly disgusted but a little unsure why, however this time I think something I projected might have jerked a nerve? Or there was a naughty nurse giving out vasectomies in the crowd that night...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-09-2011 at 05:11 AM
Old 07-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #1822
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

The shit he wuz watchin

Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #1823
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

'Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I've talked to the appropriate board and staff members to discuss various suggestions and unfortunately at the moment there isn't a suitable opportunity for you to get involved with - I'm sorry and I will get in touch if that changes.'

.cv n0w emp t
.gisanewprofeshun
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #1824
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

It's the cut out & keep Miss Kate...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-15-2011 at 09:24 AM
Old 07-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #1825
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I can't say I've ever felt myself to be within the target readership of BSH magazine, and certainly every copy I've seen has struck me a little too titties'n'krome for my delicate palate, however I must admit to having picked up this months issue. I didn't say I bought it, and you'd have to substantiate any allegation of shoplifting, so lets just imagine I stood in a shop, scoped the interesting bit, disregarded the rest, and did a bit of digging to save myself the indignity of giving any cash to either the retailer, the distributor or the originators (fuck it, they're not giving me any...) and get to the thing I'm interested in without buying their mag. It's pathetic I know, but that's what's going on in my world.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #1826
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

She’s quite obviously waaaaaay off of her plank on misaligned brain juice. Totally. Now please understand, it’s really not for me to have any judgement over, except perhaps when it begins to impinge on me. And this has become the case with the woman I flat-share with in this homeless hostel. The main thing seems to be security – I’m not to let any coloured black people into the shared flat, she’s African-Caribbean, should I be locking her out? This is what you get when you share with a skitzoid. Now before there are any letters to the editor (there isn’t one) let’s be clear that I’ve always been frank & very sold as seen when it comes to my own mental dis-ease & misdesign, which isn’t the same as hers, but gives me some experience & perspective, so fuck off yeah? :-D Anyway, I’m not to let them in as they’re no doubt wanting to be all up in her business, and I know that this is probably true, so I won’t let them in, even when they’ve come to see me. But then they won’t because, quite understandably no-one comes to see me as I’m far away from carefree company, which is after all what any goodwickedwoman needs no? Btw, the goodwickedwoman is not my flatshare, but is the subject of another quandary altogether…

But regarding the flatshare, apparently I must check the door is locked, and there are signs to help me with this as I am told I left it open once, tho I’m really not so sure. And when I’m in an ironing board is placed across the front door. Not to block it but just to cause a great noisomeness should anyone ever try to get in, which they don’t because no-one ever comes here. And now we have a porta-cd blowing out D’n’B in the empty kitchen next to my room, and I’m really not sure what it’s doing that for, but you can surely be sure that there’s a reason for it in her mind, because with this sort of loon there’s always a reason, with a proliferation of other reasons backing up against & compounding/proving each other. Probably all written up in tiny writing somewhere in a book made from Izal toilet ‘paper’. I think that to her this must all mean something, in reaction to some perceived event, and no doubt it’s all very symbolic, as for example the ironing board's not going to stop anyone (because no-one comes) but simply offers a symbolic solution to an imaginary problem. While it's there nobody comes in so it must be working. See?

Pictured - The view out my old windows today...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-16-2011 at 11:43 AM Reason: of off of
Old 07-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #1827
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2 Stolen from Ms. 'Knuckles'...

She said 'I love the taste of pussy...'
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #1828
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

"a new crisis was upon us now that the worlds supply of reason had been utterly spent...'

Pictured: Beautiful now, beautiful then...
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #1829
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
She’s quite obviously waaaaaay off of her plank on misaligned brain juice...
Well yes, yes that's entirely troo. And it gets worse. Now I am not to play chords on the geetar, even sotto voce - It's ok if I play those single notes of mine, but 'don't play them together, they make me want to smash that over your head & keeeeel you'.

Now you don't want to be saying that, I said, not if you're not going to do it. If you're just saying it you can't get all the credit & kudos as tho you really done gone done it. So if you're just saying how you feel & you're not going to actually do it, then just don't bother no? That did seem to shut her up, but it doesn't solve my problem, that being how do I record vocals in a flat shared with a fucking loon? The answer unfortunately is that I don't... But surely this inconvenient intrusion into nice has to stop, and if not of its own accord then will I have to intervene?

I really can't be bothered you know?

Pictured: For no points, can you identify this vehicle, its chief designer, and the driver who benefited from its iterative successor? No? well I fucking can
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 06:30 PM
Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #1830
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

You see I spent some time yesterday evening looking at unraced or unbuilt Grand Prix cars (it wasn't 'F1 tm' until the '90s) and I came across a couple of interesting anomalies from il Commendatore, and a quite stunning concept BRM that presaged a true classic by 10 years...

Pictured: Another angle
Attached Images