ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #1951
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
110bhp won't cut it, though.
'Not free' won't cut it for me...
Old 08-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1952
trophymoto
MACDADDY!

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
mandatory
trophymoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #1953
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

World Series by Renault?

Free tickets you see, so it makes it possible to consider attending this Ren-fest. No special 'in' unfortunately, it's just that all the rounds seem to be free if you pre-register. I got 4 sat/sun tickets, but no-one to use the other three. I am an unfriendly wanker, but there you go.

Anyway, the point is that I could go back to sleep now and wander over there later when I come to, with the aim of doodling around &maybe walking the new section, and then try for a more prompt & fuller attendance on Sunday. Or on the other hand I could kit up & pootle over there now, drop a rain cover over the bike (it's dry but tent like) at the gate & slide under it to doze in my sleeping bag until the gates open at (I'll check...), oh, I don't know, 8ish.

I'm doubtful that one is still able to enter the inner perimeter on the bike, as in more recent times they've tended to park you outside,enter thru turnstiles & bus you around the newly modified paddock/pits transit locations. Getting to the inner access road on the bike would indeed be preferable simply because I could quite happily circuit my way thru all the vantage points across the entire circuit without having to walk. It can be a good walk, particularly during something like the 6 Hrs, or for more fun perhaps the Britcar 24.

However, my once considered option of camping over on the Saturday night will be utterly ruled out by the £35 p/person fee at the nearest campsite. I have a feeling I might find my own little cubbyhole in some woods or something...

The BRDC seem to have devised new applications submitted to the two relevant local councils, with the oft-stated aim of expanding the potential of the members pension scheme.

Pictured - How I plan to await the opening of the gates...
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #1954
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Proposed development of an old airfield -
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #1955
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Ibn Khaldun

This may or may not be available outside the uk?

Pictured - My bedsit...
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #1956
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophymoto View Post
mandatory
What an interesting anomaly, the embedded vid plays in the original post, shows as removed or unavailable in trophymotos post, within which it's quoted, still runs direct on the youtube page, and successfully embeds below. How strange...

Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #1957
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,357
This guy's good.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #1958
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Papa Graz: "... and so the problem is caused by stick-tion in the front suspension there you see?"

Tiny Vale: "I'm not going to say a word but that misaligned rising rate rear suspension geometry is the problem, and he should try trailing the rear brake at the apex to induce chassis stability and get rid of that chatter he keeps trying to ride round. He's *never* going to beat Agostinis records at this rate..."

Pic via trophymoto

Quote:
trophymoto elsewhere: twenty years later...."Thee front of bike poosh and poosh, I have vedy hard raceee,no tire in race end, In the end I overtake and ween"
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 02:19 AM
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #1959
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
This guy's good.
If I recall correctly that's the vid with our Miss Nina Kate in it? She finished filming another vid with him yesterday I think?

Kate Kuts she was called when drafted in as bass/vocals in a band I was touring & visuals production/projection for several years ago. She is Jane Doe Latex. Quite brilliant & certainly 'blessed' by something somewhere somewhen.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #1960
trophymoto
MACDADDY!

Oddometer: 434
Attached Images

trophymoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #1961
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Bluhduh Curses

Curses as in "the hex"? Sometimes, as I cannot seem to get out of this job and into one that I do not absolutely hate. Cool pics and video btw. Ruined a set of yamaha cylinders yesterday by dropping them a billionth of an inch onto the bottom of one of the sleeves. Nice flat spot there now.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #1962
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Anyone got a left hand airhead switchgear unit floating about? Having electrical troubles & all my spares got binned along with 4 Airhead & K series Haynes & Clymers. Fuck it all, soooooooo am thinking of fucking it all & taking up meth amphet, crack, special k, ghb & morphine...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #1963
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Morphine's lovely.....I spent two weeks on an intravenous drip earlier this year, and I can highly recommend it for alleviating stress of all kinds and types. If you want to enhance the experience so as to introduce a bit of an 'edge', I suggest you mix it with nicotine patches left on overnight. This gives you night terrors and sweet dreams.....hang on a minute.... this forum is Drug Adventures isn't it??......No? Shit, ignore everything I just said.......so, left-hand 'bar switches and Clymer and Haynes manuals, eh? Sure, got them.....that'll be $650,000 or a massive lump of hash and some of that
pink amphetamine sulphate the 'gay' community seem to like, oh and you might as well as throw in a barrel of amyl nitrate an' a bale of Egyptian grass while you're at it........phew, that felt really nice writing all that down; I haven't even had so much as a cigarette in 5 months, 3 weeks and several days, hours, minutes and seconds, even though I'm not counting, oh no. Pure as the driven snow, that's me. Not even a drink. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!!
There should be a thread on here for old bikers who are gradually falling apart and are no longer able to live fast and die young because for some reason they didn't die young, and just got old with bits falling off. Clunk....there goes another fucking lung...pffffttt/splatt.....anyway, when I get my spleen money I shall, as I've mentioned before, buy a motorcyle. Until then, I shall merely lurk. watch and wait......da da da dum.....
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #1964
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Part, the first.

There are sooooo very very many things I would have preferred to have been doing, and another sooooo many made up of things that I really ought to get done. However a problem with my lights on the DMW ‘intruded into my happy’, and so it had to be sorted.

In some ways I’ve tried to adopt the Asstrail method*, that is to put things off & off & off until they can’t be avoided any longer. This approach causes all sorts of nuisances, & just about guarantees a regular wounding glut of fire fighting, but on the other hand I’m really in no state to be getting ahead of the game. The simple scheme of planning anything is nothing but preposterous i.e. so far this week I’ve lost a day. All Wednesday I could have sworn it was Tuesday. You see the kind of thing I mean?

You see any endeavour at taking an unsighted wild handed shot at scheduling is also wholly feeble & outright futile, because of un-ending up-coming un-required mis-eventualities. These are things which in any typical or basically efficient existence might be thought of as nothing more than an inconsequential nuisance. But in this wretched depleted circumstance their re-repeated sheer effortless ‘happening’ manifestly drags me right downstairs into the abysmal.

Not into the abysmal something, just into the abysmal. In my version it’s a irrepressible disobedient stream of disproportionate uneven overreactions & fumbling attempts to grapple a handhold so as to halt my tumbling plunging nose-dive to any given abysmal. Now this might be a point where a more erudite & splendid scribe might refer you to some commonly esteemed, consequential & weighty mirror-phor of obscure but major import, sourced from the breadth of the pre-classical right up to post post future now. Instead I refer you to the endless fall scene early in Bill & Ted 2.

And there’s more, but not yet.

* This worries me.

Pictured - An out of date juice carton, plumbing the depths?
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 08-26-2011 at 04:46 AM Reason: scale pic
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #1965
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Part, the second...

And here’s more, but I’m really flagging and so they will come in semi-truncated telegramish form.

I rescheduled a session I had booked to record vocals for two tracks that come at me out of New Jersey or thereabouts, via an old friend & drummer/promoter/dj in various acts I acted at acting in. Have to have bike mobile as is only transport, also the really important stuff always has to be done 1st :=D *

Saw Pjcr12 who looked quite markedly better since last I visited. The journey was fine but dull as it mainly consists of roads which are, put simply, dull, so took a slight variation on the return. Got the required switchgear, which is of an earlier type with no indicator switch on left cluster. Don’t have indicators so no issue there then, simply saves me having to take the switch out. I removed the indicator lines from the currently installed loom, which made a tiny bit more space in the head light shell.

Although Pjcr2011aspiceodyssey was kind enough to offer a loan of a Haynes or Clymer as mine seem to have been sequestered, I declined, as my problems are not his problems, and such things are often kept in error. But also I wanted to work on my ‘working it out by the roadside’ incapabilities. Soooooo I was going to approach this one blind.

Took time to consider installation, studied current state of connectivity and cut the sheath off the current switching umbilical to reveal exactly how much melted insulation I’d been coping with. Answer is an enormous amount. No camera so no pics, but one way or another pretty much every wire was connected to another, some to three or four. Worked out how far up the melts began i.e. where I could cut from.

The new switchgear had already been grafted halfway down using double ended crimp tubes, with the lower sections in ‘wrong’ colours. Bit by bit I trimmed & transferred the connections, grafting them into the loom as each was worked out, double worked out & confirmed, and forgotten and worked out again. The colouring was the same but for one wire, so I did that last just to see what was left. In the first instance I’ve connected with crimp-bullet-connectors**, but as the installation proves itself (i.e. no fires or popping fuses or plumes of original ’79 smoke) then I’ll solder & heat-shrink*** the joins before heat-shrinking a sleeve over the whole. A test installation requires flexibility. Also the heat-shrink gun belongs to & is rightly with my much-missed ex-wife. Am considering a single multi-connector plug from Electrex World or Maplins, or snipped from the spare but knackered loom I have.

Some (2) new wires are non standard colours, but are attached to standard colour tails on the switchgear so make some sense. I’ll need to get a couple of rolls of the appropriate colours to tidy up the coding because although it makes perfect sense no, I’m bound to forget it by tomorrow. But when all is said & done, and at the end of the day & the last door is bolted & stuff then it’s really only me that needs to uberstand it anyway.

30 Miles done with all lights running in various permutations and so far no fires, though I must admit that by before the first power up I prepped the battery for prompt disconnection, noted the relative positions of relevant fire fighting devices, while also trying not to unduly alert or alarm staff here at The Place. I was pretty confident, well comparatively, so when it all went live and nothing went bang I was what I think you people call ‘happy’. A little miffed when I noted in my checks that the rear light & plate light (wired as one) didn’t function, but then I noted I’d been so busy at the front I’d forgotten to plug it back in. Idiocy remedied all was well.

Today my iPod is mostly full of Mr Bungle, And while I can see it, the impression so far is ‘not quite’.

There are some roads I miss riding...

* Is this laughing Adloaf Hilter?
** I tend to permutate the male/female placement, bullet/spade variations & connector colour deviations on each line so as to produce a set of connectors which pretty much only fit one way round, or at least give a number of clues as to what goes where. This is no clever method, but simply the result of standing staring at unvaried join cluster points not remembering what the fuck goes where.
*** Slip them on pre solder eh?

Pictured - A job well done...
Attached Images