ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.68%
Nasty? 28 13.21%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.11%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #2251
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Are you on drugs of some kind? I notice that you've been at
the photoshop again; tell me, is that an authorised and licensed version,
or are you one of those cyber-criminals that the security services are so
concerned about....hmmmm?

I've completely run out of pics, which explains why there isn't one with this post.
a) Of course, b) of course, c) of course, d) oh dear.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #2252
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Hatcherly....I've just found this pic of an exploded ATE caliper.......my favourite part is
#11, the special clip that holds the pad in place. What's yours? Eh? EH??
Number 2. It just has a cheeky charm
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #2253
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Mines retired and now just sits in the corner of a mates workshop.
Nice Of course the sensible thing to do would be to send it to me
Old 12-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #2254
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Tease!?! A few years ago I got to the point of an approved emigration to Antipodea Majora under a sort of preferred occupation/designated destination* scheme, but it didn't sit well with the family, and I can understand that. But for the variant group of us that grew up here in this parochial shit hole the discussed aim was always to have got out, and though I have lived elsewhere for extended periods, I'm here, and I can't help but read that as Failure, Class 1. Having most of the mistakes you've ever made still within 3 KM is not a recipe for 'Happy'.

* East coast.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #2255
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oooh
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #2256
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

K100 Custom concept -
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #2257
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

The internals of the K throttle position sensor, quite right it's not magic, but I'm still going to do the dancing & debauchery thing -
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #2258
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Got the Me-MW (K75) motor upstairs, so off we go

Today I had a fiddle with fuel rail & injectors. All is well, apart from 4 small parts, which have gone astray in all the chaos. Pictured below, see the green arrow pointing at the tan coloured ring that sits above the lower O-ring? Well one of the three has gone walk-a-bout, along with the 3 clips that connect the top of the injectors to the fuel rail. The latter aren't too much of a problem in that they're 20p each 2nd hand from Motorworks, but I'm going to have to rely on their goodwill when it comes to throwing in one of these rings separate from the £35 2nd hand injectors, surely they'l have such a thing kicking about? Pleeeeease... I've got to try to bring this in as close to zero cost as possible, I've got no choice as I've got furk-all finance.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #2259
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
The internals of the K throttle position sensor, quite right it's not magic, but I'm still going to do the dancing & debauchery thing -
I would not expect anything less ... the debauchery that is .

Quote:
Today I had a fiddle with fuel rail & injectors. All is well, apart from 4 small parts, which have gone astray in all the chaos. Pictured below, see the green arrow pointing at the tan coloured ring that sits above the lower O-ring? Well one of the three has gone walk-a-bout, along with the 3 clips that connect the top of the injectors to the fuel rail. The latter aren't too much of a problem in that they're 20p each 2nd hand from Motorworks, but I'm going to have to rely on their goodwill when it comes to throwing in one of these rings separate from the £35 2nd hand injectors, surely they'l have such a thing kicking about? Pleeeeease... I've got to try to bring this in as close to zero cost as possible, I've got no choice as I've got furk-all finance.
A visit to a car breaker ?
Beg and grovel somewhat on UKgser ?
A beg and visit to a place that reconditions injectors for a dead injector ?

Good luck and have fun in this new year

Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #2260
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,516
Very clever. Never thought to use a K-bike final to get taller gears on a mono.

Nicely done.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #2261
trophymoto
MACDADDY!

Oddometer: 443
Mr P. Lanktonnnnn ( If that's even your REAL name!!)
Ok it's a new year .....now listen up!
Since we go WAY back I feel this is my duty.
For you and everyone involved, family, friends, that guy down on the corner that looks at you strange every time you go into the liquor store (or whatever you people on the island call it, the offie if you prefer)
I'm going to give you some advice, close personal friend to close personal friend!!

I have noticed your lugubrious prattering on about these horizontal cylindered modes of conveyance !
So at the urging of your friends, family, and that guy down on the corner I must ask you to cease and disist this line of blathering!
Under no circumstance shall you pick up this long maligned (for obvious reasons) and ill conceived chalice!

If you have any questions in regards to the above matter, feel free to contact my office.

regards
Trophymoto ,ESQ
Attached Images

trophymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #2262
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophymoto View Post
Mr P. Lanktonnnnn ( If that's even your REAL name!!)... (SNIP)... If you have any questions in regards to the above matter, feel free to contact my office.
Blimey, you have an office?!? It always tickled me that in 'Long Way Round' the first thing they said was 'Right, we need an office'.

I'm sorry to say that I have little or no option but to continue my endeavour with the Me-MW K75, as I have one, and have zero finance to get anything else to play 'fix it badly' with, and, being literally trapped amongst a year full of Sundays, I really do need something mechanical to keep my (tiny) little (small) brain occupied, and the K is all I have available.

And now in other news -

On the other hand the Airhead DMW does keep me occupied every now and again. Yesterday it occupied me by snapping the gear linkage half way round a roundabout. It's fitted with Raask rearsets, and in the last crash the gear lever was tweaked a little so that the threaded shaft of the rose joint at the pedal end was a little bent, and yesterday it finally decided to snap under the obviously unreasonable load of a gear change down to 2nd. This by chance left me in neutral, so I pulled to the inside of the roundabout, reached down and hooked it into third and tootled back to 'The Place' on the clutch. I was left with a 1cm stub on the end of the rose joint, and was able to effect an intermediate repair by using this to tie into the extension rod, and change the depth of insertion at the gearbox end to adjust the gear pedal into the right place. It's a short term solution but will do for now.

For a longer term solution I've dug out a spare rose joint and found a nut/bolt/washer combination that will allow me to attach it to the gear lever. The original rose joint is attached to the pedal with a big rivet arrangement (shown below), which I will saw off (as they often become slack with extended use) and replace it with the spare rose joint/bolt/etc. arrangement.

For everyones convenience, and to facilitate your picturification of the parts in question, I have included a blurry picature stolen from the internet and from it produced a fully annotated important technical illustration what is most illuminating, a bit...
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #2263
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Also, I think I have self diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder so saying no don't work with this doggy

Pictured - another K, which has a pleasant back tail, though I don't like the fairing, and I thinkI'd tilt the bars back a bit.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #2264
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Very clever. Never thought to use a K-bike final to get taller gears on a mono. Nicely done.
That K/R hybrid is pretty good isn't it. I've not looked further into it than the post linked to in my original mention. I like the use of what seems to be referred to as Ducati bodywork too. The lines work nicely I think, and the double pipe tail seems good, though maybe a little long for optimal scavenging/sonic reflection blah de blah etc.

I've not dug into it in any serious way, like finding out if the drive shaft & bevel are compatible, or what mods would be required/possible, spline numbers & dimensions and all that shit, but the only thing that struck me was the potential clearance/wheel alignment issues using an airhead swing-arm, with a K bevel and wide rear tyre/ire and K front end. I just wonder how something of that width on the rear sits in relation to the swing arm, and in turn to the front end. I imagine that the builder naturally had all this in hand, but until I see a straight on pic I'd be quizical. And, frankly, I'm jealous. I can bolt things together but when it comes to something that takes actual capability I'm fucked
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #2265
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
I would not expect anything less ... the debauchery that is A visit to a car breaker ? Beg and grovel somewhat on UKgser ? A beg and visit to a place that reconditions injectors for a dead injector ? Good luck and have fun in this new year
One of these options will work, or something similar. It's just a little frustrating for a recommissioning to be held up by such a small part. You know when you want to get that bit finished and a tiny problem holds you back, it's just a pain in the ass isn't it. There's a large breakers yard 300 metres down the road so when the holidays are over I'll have a wander down & see what they can do for me. Meanwhile I'm working on the debauchery, for the good of us all...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-01-2012 at 04:23 PM Reason: speeling
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote