ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #2266
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
There's a large breakers yard 300 metres down the road so when the holidays are over I'll have a wander down & see what they can do for me. Meanwhile I'm working on the debauchery, for the good of us all...

Oh you lucky, lucky, lucky bastard . When I was a child I could only dream of living so close to the breakers . Sixteen miles of slogging through seven foot snow drifts there and back . Uphill both ways in bare feet with nowt but old newspapers for clothing . Luxury I tell you .
AND you get holidays !!! ... seven days a week I work getting up half an hour before I go to bed just to put some crumbs on the table . Luxury I tell you .

Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #2267
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,878
Quote:
I just wonder how something of that width on the rear sits in relation to the swing arm, and in turn to the front end.
You might be over-thinking it, Planktonnn.

K-bikes swingarm pivots are the same width as airhead swingarm pivots (as far as I know).

ASS-uming the schwingers on both bikes mount roughly centred in the frame, I'd guess it's not a stretch to ASS-ume the wheels would wind up roughly centred in the frames, too.

Anyone actually know?

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #2268
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Oh you lucky, lucky, lucky bastard
Well the breakers yard is primarily cars so it's of little use generally, though of course they may be able to help with the injectors & more precisely the missing washer/collar. Being close to such facilities is one of the very few benefits of living in the middle of an industrial estate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
You might be over-thinking it, Planktonnn.
Well, in the absence of anything else to do I was just wandering thru possibilities & potential issues really. It's part of my semi Holmesian 'method' The tyre/ire on the K/R bike pictured seems wider that the 120 I can fit on my Airhead swing arm, which leaves just a tiny bit of clearance at the edge of the tread, depending on the make/profile design. I seem to recall DBD had a tire/ire fitted that rubbed very slightly on the inside of the swing arm until it adjusted itself to fit via wear? Without looking, I wonder if there may be more pressing issues mating the drive shaft out of the R s/arm with the K bevel in? If I had both to hand I'd have a look see.

Pictured - As I say, I prefer the high bars I run on mine, and with all respect to whoever they are the fairing doesn't work for me, but I like what they've done with the tail piece. I prefer what I was planning with a hacked up K tank but that part seems to have been lost in the shed move, and it may prove easier to get hold of a K tail piece to play with than another tank to cut up. On the other hand I may just run it bare as I did previously. It's all moot anyhoo as bankruptcy looms...
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #2269
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Top 5 Dan Le Sac downloads of 2011
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #2270
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Water cooled R1250GS... "These world exclusive spy shots clearly show for the first time the all-new BMW R1250GS features the biggest single overhaul of the massive-selling and class-leading bike in its 30 years with a new water-cooled engine."
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #2271
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Producer bloke he say "Just added very funny studio outakes, for shit n giggles good way to start the new year, full version on myspace/crasscar. Enjoy !"
Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #2272
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumbs down Finished

Goodbye to the whole idea of recommissioning the Me-MW K75. As with so many ideas I have it's stupid & completely impossible Having searched thru the remains of what came out of my shed I find I'm missing some pretty hefty parts, including the radiator, generator, coils, entire clutch, etc. I just don't have the resources to replace any of this, even at bargain prices, so I really need to face facts and give up.

In fact I'll just give up altogether...
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #2273
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Holiday in Megiddo anyone?!?

BREAKING NEWS: The Pentagon to Send US Troops to Israel. Iran is the Unspoken Target - Blacked-out news story in America...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #2274
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Kill me now
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #2275
trophymoto
MACDADDY!

Oddometer: 444
Congratulations , the first step in recovery is identfing your problem ! Now that we have all this "K" nonsense behind us we can get on with becoming a whole person again! I am so proud of you.
trophymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #2276
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Goodbye to the whole idea of recommissioning the Me-MW K75.
In fact I'll just give up altogether...

The only reason I still smoke is because no one likes a quitter

It's not like K's are worth anything in England ...

http://bike-exchange.co.uk/bmw_for_sale.htm

For Sale 1990 K100RS project ...
http://ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=340

Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #2277
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
The only reason I still smoke is because no one likes a quitter

I guess the only thing to do is sit tight and wait until the required parts turn up for peanuts, or some kind & worthy soul sees fit to donate. I really have zero budget as I'm living on about a tenner a fortnight at the moment, have no disposable assets, and even the lowest & most teeny* tiny eBay prices are beyond me right now. Finding that more was missing than I thought hit me quite hard as I've so little to do I was sort of relying on the K recommissioning to keep me occupied and give some kind of focus to my days. Health & circumstance leave me with little purpose right now, and work is proving very hard to come by.

* The inclusion of this word alone, even in this context, will get me put on a list somewhere

Wanted - K75 writeoff
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #2278
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:

I guess the only thing to do is sit tight and wait until the required parts turn up for peanuts, or some kind & worthy soul sees fit to donate. I really have zero budget as I'm living on about a tenner a fortnight at the moment, have no disposable assets, and even the lowest & most teeny* tiny eBay prices are beyond me right now. Finding that more was missing than I thought hit me quite hard as I've so little to do I was sort of relying on the K recommissioning to keep me occupied and give some kind of focus to my days. Health & circumstance leave me with little purpose right now, and work is proving very hard to come by.

* The inclusion of this word alone, even in this context, will get me put on a list somewhere

Wanted - K75 writeoff
At the risk of sending this to jo momma , I have been in your shoes somewhat . Painted myself into a corner , but the greatest thing I learned from it was patience . Not an attribute that I was well known for at the time .
You may get a surprise shortly if you do not scan the top of the index ... http://advrider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=35&a=106 .

Solution and free ... http://register.photobucket.com/

Hang in there because , this too shall pass

Old 01-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #2279
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Image test -

Ta 2 FR700 4 the info :-)
Old 01-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #2280
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I was standing in the queue for reincarnation and I noticed my shoe lace was undone, so I knelt down to retie it and the person behind me pushed past, and out he popped as Prince Albert of Monaco.

Oh, the vagaries of birth...

Pictured - A classic shot with Grazziano Rossi showing a young Valentino the correct line.

(Pic via someone somewhere)

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-08-2012 at 07:27 AM Reason: size edit
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote