ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #2326
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,593

On eBay
$12,995.00
Item number 290654107189

'MJ Sales is proud to offer this creation by the master, Perry Bushong of Perry's Motorcycle and Sidecars in Fort Worth Texas. For more information call (Todd) at 817-266-9143 or Michael at 817-992-9190.

A year and a half and thousands of dollars later, this one-of-a-kind custom Bobber was fired up and brought to life. No detail was left unattended in this, a most creative endeavor.

The front wheel, a 19” wheel from a BMW/5 was modified for this project. The handle bars are Euro style with a Bates universal style headlight mounted up front, combined with a matching, multifunctional, Moto Gadget speedometer (900.00). The speedometer has a myriad of functions and information recording capabilities. In order to keep wiring and controls clean and minimal, an auto type ignition switch was installed inside the air box, under the left side of the tank. An electronic ignition was added and to start the engine, you simply turn the key. There are no buttons to push.

The gas tank is from an early R80 GS and was painstakingly painted and pinstriped to match the custom seat cover. The seat which was mounted to an Aerial Square 4 fork leg (used as a mounting post) is totally custom and free floating. The seat base was heat formed over the substructure, the high density foam was then crafted and covered. The two colors of the seat blend perfectly with the two tone paint and the red piping was made to follow the red pin striping on the tank.

The rear tail lights and signal lights are from Royal Enfield and are mounted under the seat as is the license plate with LED lighting. Great effort was taken to make the bike as light as possible, removing anything non-functional and drilling both the front and rear hubs. The tail section was removed and the rear suspension was created, using VW style racing shocks and springs. The springs and shocks were modified, then mounted, using custom milled, billet aluminum mounts at the top and a modified swing arm at the base. The rear wheel, a 15” by 5” Sun rim, styled like those used on 50’s model Indian Chiefs, is the focal point of the rear. In order to use this width of a rear tire and wheel, two things had to be done. First, the swing arm had to be modified and then powder coated, the wheel then had to be offset laced to clear the drive shaft housing. The suspension works beautifully. The suspension travel is sufficient to deliver a comfortable and stable ride. The handling is crisp. The riding position is very comfortable.

The engine, from a 1978 R80/7, has been completely torn down and gone through, with all the seals replaced. The drive train has been checked and anything not perfect was replaced. The engine is smooth as glass and high revving, thanks to the tuning capabilities of Perry and the skilled work of polishing and porting the heads. The headers have been heat wrapped and finished out with custom Cocktail Shaker style mufflers, that are slightly baffled, to create a deep throaty sound when cruising and the distinctive sound of a racing engine when at full throttle.

This unique work of rolling art is the perfect blend of old and new. A machine that delivers a combination of BMW engineering and dependability with the nostalgic feeling of a simpler, less complicated time, when the most important thing you had to do was ride. Enjoy, this Bobber rides as good as it looks. Take time to look at the photos carefully and dream. This is a rare opportunity to own a truly one-of-a-kind, CUSTOM BOBBER, built by a legendary builder and restorer of vintage and unique BMW motorcycles.'

(SNIP DISCLAIMER) - TODD at 817-266-9143 or TOLL FREE 1-888-415-8986.email: mjwholesale1@hotmail.com

More Pics on listing.

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-20-2012 at 08:53 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #2327
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1...nk&vrsn=iframe

Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #2328
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Question Er...

Dear lazyweb, am trying to ident a track by The Polyphonic Spree, which includes an anthemic line on the following intervals, tho in a different key - e, f#, e/f#/e/c#/c#, e, c#/e/c#/b/b, c#, b/c#/b/a/a, or some transposition thereof? That is where 'x,' = 2 beats & 'x/x' = one of each & 'x/x,' = 1 beat 1st note 2 beats 2nd.

Yes, a new form of ineffectual incomprehensible notation!?! :-D, and i think that's what i mean. Am running thru the TPS catalogue on iTunes, but none of the snippets there seem to be the track I'm looking for, but i seem to recall the vid was of a live show, with white robes, so it's more likely to be early, but could be a late encore... help?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #2329
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumb Fyi

BMW R80 R80gs Gas Flowed Twin Plugged Heads and high comp pistons with Barrels - £450 starting price. Item number 290660983286.

"Gas flowed and twin plugged heads (By Cray Eng) with high comp pistons and Nicasil barrels. Taken off my own bike these parts have done 28,000 miles all where new when fitted including valves and guides. These heads take proper size s/plugs but short reach ones in bottom plug holes. Kit includes 2 x Dyna coils modified, Bean Can ign unit 1 extra coil mount bracket (if fitting to a mono or GS ). Also has modified air box lid to suit (this kit needs more air going in for max power). All parts will need clean up before fitting, pushrod tubes need replacing (only gone Rusty) and you will need 4 decent Ht plug leads and couple of bits of wire and obviously gaskets to complete job. If fitting to a twin shock you will need 2 extra coil brackets. It makes a hell of a lot of difference to acceleration and does big wheelies easy, (not with an Rt fairing fitted !!!) but if ridden sensibly gives more mpg. These heads are not run of the mill stuff as from M-bins or M-works they are Jim Cray at what he does best ,Tuning !!! Yes they are late unleaded heads. Ideal for the alleged "cafe racers" that seem to be appearing on E Bay that seem to have stock engines with no mudguards and clip ons !!! They will be sent by courier due to weight etc. UK SALE ONLY."
Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #2330
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #2331
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #2332
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=e-9XSOM5eIo

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:53 AM
Old 01-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #2333
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:53 AM
Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #2334
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,884
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Thank you, thank you! I could watch this a thousand times. What an incredible message.
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #2335
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,404
Dude has a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #2336
darklight79
scaffold builder

Oddometer: 415
"we could almost buy our own ship for that "

BMW 8.9 gal Gas Tank for GS - $1500 (san jose south)

Date: 2012-01-21, 9:32AM PST

Large 8.9 gal tank for R80/100 G/S or GS. It has a very nice white paint, no dents or schratches. It comes with pitcocks, badges and a screw on cap with vent hose. It's a very nice tank and will fit R80/100 G/S and GS bikes

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
nice tank add another 1000 and we Could buy a pd on ebay .... guess I have covet big gas tanks

darklight79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #2337
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Dont forget me on this
Maybe you could enter this?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #2338
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

GL500 into this, by by Invasion Kustoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYVTegNBWJE

Interesting, though I'd be looking for pegs that were further back, & I've never been a lover of ace bars, still, they got further than I did...

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:54 AM
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #2339
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,404
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #2340
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

They said business was best conducted by looking thru both ends of a telescope pt.1

When seeking to produce confirmatory codification of passing instances of interior opinion I occasionally/often explore prattling ignorant waffle regarding the giddy feat of wondering about people. And I am made to do it in a text which is awkward to read, whether or not it contains merit, so...

It is suggested that one may consider the major branch of the western throng to be entirely subject to a variant of Stockholm Syndrome, drawn into complicit connivance with an assortment of collectively accepted constructed wisdoms, which in return for their supplicant serfdom ensnares & exploits them at each & every twist. This is not novel thought, but is currently being worn conversationally, and so it seems to make itself be in need of a quantity of assessment. Thereby perhaps I could refer my examination, for simple illustration, to a group of persons I observe acting out the qualities of:
  • Those displaying themselves as persons that appear to evaluate diverse perpetual historical precedent & contiguous contemporary issues & proceedings only as simple binary events, to be staunchly viewed as no more than whichever of that, or that other.
  • Those same persons for whom base perception of the array of available interpretations of the grand proceedings & detailed goings-on going on around them, is defined only by a slight differentiation between which of the anachronistic ‘political’ mimes or memes they purport, propagate or perpetuate.
  • Those persons as above who, sightless, are unable to perceive the basic outline form (or divine the mere existence?) of any available potentially pleasing civilizational solutions or situations & behaviours, which lay outside their prior congregate experience & vision, and so cannot be even be seen let alone looked into.
  • In example, regarding politics, they, these free captives to the current context, seem to operate on the single flat plane, thru two axis, unable to comprehend the implications even of the addition of an (already known) Z axis; sightless of the broad confederation of novel standpoints thereby rendered available or potential. But there are more than three planes & more than 1080 degrees to feel about and project into, were that space & its contents to become visible.
  • These persons above, for whom there may be little internal reflection beyond facile regurgitation of that which they’ve already had offered up for flaccid opinion to buzz around ineffectually. To use a populist allusion, is it possible to explain Quantum Dynamics to a Huboon, when we in relation are little but a Humanzee? So we are all plankton in the greater sea.
But what lays beyond the bounds of what any one of us can see?

And now -

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-08-2012 at 09:21 PM