ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.36%
Nasty? 28 12.90%
Nasty but nice? 160 73.73%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #2386
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 961

Officially, there are now more pandas in Scotland than tory MPs

rightsideup screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 08:13 AM
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #2387
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
Officially, there are now more pandas in Scotland than tory MPs
Unofficially it's long been the case as there were still, until the end of the last century, the remnants of once large colonies of pandas in the high highlands, driven there 2 millennia ago by the advancing Romans and an early form of Chuck Norris. The Scotch have always tried to keep a lid on it, and the pandas were able to maintain a discrete existence hidden in plain sight amongst the Scotch by disguising themselves as men wearing panda costumes out for a stag night, but as is so often the case with people who attend a lot of stag parties, this led to widespread alcoholism, and then the beans were well and truly spilt by Mel Gibson when, during production of his historical documentary on the core of the Hibernian underground panda dance music scene (Bear Rave Heart) he put out a casting call for pandas dressed as men dressed as pandas, and the entire remaining indigenous panda population is a now crack whore in Hollywood.

Some of you may already know, so forgive me for pointing out that the Scotch panda is able to be distinguished from the chinese panda from some considerable distance, as the white bits are black, and vice versa.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #2388
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Hibernian underground panda dance music scene (Bear Rave Heart)
Very, very good!
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #2389
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
Very, very good!
I thought that was the most cringeworthy part
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #2390
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Works over here but you need to work on the facial hair ;-)
If by 'work on the facial hair' you mean 'have cut off while I am sleeping', then job done

Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #2391
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 02-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #2392
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446

It's just me, I think.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #2393
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801

pjcr12 screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 01:12 PM Reason: just because I can
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #2394
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 401
That engine in your bike look very much like this one found @ the dragon rally the other weekend

Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #2395
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

By using magic, I turned that pic from night time into daytime.....is that engine the one out of the best airhead in the world? I was there (with my clones) as well, but I didn't recognise you in that yellow dayglo suit......

Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #2396
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlsSWW0rPI

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:57 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #2397
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Ha ha haar....so very true.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #2398
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Ha ha haar....so very true.
Immutable, unchanging... The most recent gig I did was in a 1.5k capacity venue, and it wasn't substantially different even there
Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #2399
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Here in 'The Place' it has been suggested that I might make my room slightly less like a garage. I thought it was more like a shed, because if it was a garage I'd have a bench with the K75 Me-MW on it, a pillar drill and there'd be lots of hammering & grinding n ting. But still, I can see what they mean - while applying leverage to Twatty Flatshare 2 (see passim) to clean up his stained & grimy act, it is suggested that my room is a garage & that's where all the mess comes from. Ergo if I were to clean out a bit, i.e. remove the 75 engine & stripped tank and some of the more volatile materials (paint stripper) then that excuse is removed, and he must face & address his mess. I do so dislike this sort of nonsense.

You see as I've said before, I don't use the shared kitchen, so nothing in there is my concern, and I tidy my own mess in the bathroom. I may even on occasion clean other peoples shit smears off the side of the bowl in an act of good will, but it would be totally outrageous to even suggest that I might even consider doing this with their toothbrush. Utterly outrageous I tell you. I'll take my fair proportion of any given issue of responsibility, but it's not hard to work out where the shit's coming from, i.e. check which room has a floor covered in shit that's being traipsed across the rest of the flat, and check the length of the hairs clogging up the filthy plug holes etc. I'm not bothered myself, but nonsense is being generated that interferes with 'happy'.

So I've humped the motor down in the lift on my oh so handy 4 wheel sack barrow, and lain it next to the 75 chassis, which currently lacks a rear wheel, because that's off with Astral as it has a good tire/yre on it, and he needs one for the 75S I sold him ages ago, & this tyre/ire has barely had the casting plips worn off it. I have priced it competitively against the Motorworks/Motobins cost of a similar 2nd user tyre/ire, minus the postage of course, so it works out fair enough. He is to have his old rubber popped onto my K rear wheel so I can have a rolling chassis in storage for whatever may happen to it. The ideal pretend idea would be to get a cheap cheap clutch in the engine, mate the motor to the gearbox having detached that from the frame/front end (therefore allowing for the clutch input shaft/pushrod etc.), then pop the front wheel off & drop the frame down over the motor/drive train (allowing clearance for the front engine mounts over the plenum/throttle bodies etc.), then lift it to add the wheels and plumb in the hacked wiring loom, get a generator, service/replace the starter etc., and see the rebuilding of this shit heap as analogous to the rebuilding of my life. But in all reality this is an impractical fantasy, and the K is simply spares for the DMW boxer and various knackered scrap remains.

The two bikes share a common K series front end, and I'm interested in looking at mating the swingarm or bevel from a K to an R chassis. We've already seen an example of a K bevel on an R swingarm, but with my frame using the K swingarm would require a bit of welding to convert to a mono style frame due to the single shock of the K ass end, as well as acquisition of a longer shock a la mono, and I'm not sure any of this is possible as, even at the very least I've yet to learn how weld, or have a welding kit*. I've not seen an example of this being done, or looked at dimensions or the issue of mating a K drive shaft with an R gearbox output UJ, so this route is unlikely, and the use of the K bevel really is best done with a mono frame anyway I think. The K frame as no residual value as it's been cut @ the seat hoop & welded to non standard, & generally de-lugged, which severely limits the number of prospective purchasers & any value it might have. The motor is old & very shagged and so is of very little value, ditto the gearbox, and there's no bodywork or seat to sell, so really it's just spares for the other bike and otherwise a pile of parts that would cost me money to have scrapped. The overall value of the boxer bike & spares, tools & kit doesn't exceed 800, and the impending Debt Relief Order allows a vehicle up to a value of 1k.

However, amongst all the other pantomimes occurring in my life, one good thing has happened in the course of the enforced tidy tidy, and that's that I've found the 3rd spacer washer for the injectors. As you might imagine it was in a place I'd previously scanned thru in search of this hard to secure little blip of heat proof plastic, however in the act of transferring bits from the worst to the best of my boxes, the thing appeared.

* If I were to weld anything, it would be to modify the mouths of the flexible exhaust sections I have, so that they mate with the end of the pipes of the DMW boxer on one end, and the Supertrapp end caps on the other. They're lengths of braided outer with a jointed flexible metal pipe inside, with ends welded on, terminating in 40mm pipe sections. The pipe sections need to be cut back & replaced with something that will sleeve/be sleeved by the downpipes at one end & end caps at the other. Anyone fancy a bit of free welding? Pretty please? :-D

planktonnn screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 04:04 PM Reason: font, punctuation, gah!?!
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #2400
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat