ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.55%
Nasty? 28 13.08%
Nasty but nice? 157 73.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #2476
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post

Well, in this age of electronic pictolibrarial wonder, ya types in yer search term, ya takes ya choice
I did all that and also ended up with that relic dug up from the trenches.
I asked because I recall BMW badges cropping up in some thread on this forum, someone posted a few clear pictures of beautifully weathered examples.

What the hell, I'll tell the woman to make it look old.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #2477
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot View Post
What the hell, I'll tell the woman to make it look old.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #2478
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
By all that is sacred, what magic is this? Tis almost as if you are live on the page there.
No, you are sorely mistaken planktonnn, that old bloke chewing his gums is you.....I'm really surprised you did not see the resemblance. Anyway, can't chit-chat here all day, I'm busy reading/assimilating all your recent posts so as to be able to conjure up a think-piece I'm going to submit to Postmodernist-Marxist-Dialectical-Quarterly for the large cash sum they pay intellectuals and cultural sophisticates such as I.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 12:14 PM
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #2479
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
No, you are sorely mistaken planktonnn, that old bloke chewing his gums is you.....I'm really surprised you did not see the resemblance. Anyway, can't chit-chat here all day, I'm busy reading/assimilating all your recent posts so as to be able to conjure up a think-piece I'm going to submit to Postmodernist-Marxist-Dialectical-Quarterly for the large cash sum they pay intellectuals and cultural sophisticates such as I.
Ah well, being a form of twins born to different mothers in different years it's so hard to tell us apart? Regarding your submittal to P-M-D-Q, as ever just come back with the profits :-)

In other news I happened to be in the region of an industrial estate in a nearby village of Iddenham & in passing thought I saw a lovely/tatty blue airhead parked up at an engineering firm there? You jump on & I'll give you a tow away with my boxer? Mums the word eh?

planktonnn screwed with this post 03-29-2012 at 02:18 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #2480
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #2481
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Ah well, being a form of twins born to different mothers in different years it's so hard to tell us apart? Regarding your submittal to P-M-D-Q, as ever just come back with the profits :-)

In other news I happened to be in the region of an industrial estate in a nearby village of Iddenham & in passing thought I saw a lovely/tatty blue airhead parked up at an engineering firm there? You jump on & I'll give you a tow away with my boxer? Mums the word eh?
Re the profits from the P-M-D-Q think-piece...I'm afraid there won't be any, as I made the whole thing up. Sorry if that causes any disappointment, but it looks as if we'll just have to be satisfied with our poverty-stricken lives as per usual.

Re stealing that airhead from 'Iddenham'.....I'm a bit busy just now, but if you steal a van first, then use that to steal the airhead, I'll meet you tomorrow afternoon at my house, ok? Under the cover of darkness, obviously. And wearing masks. Maybe doing a couple of those Goth dance moves to throw off any suspicion we might arouse..........

I have been monitoring the price of airheads, oilheads and K's....been some nice examples of all three at prices that I can't afford, but particularly some K1100's I would like. I'll just have to be patient and wait and see if the Good Pixies take pity on me some time soon......
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #2482
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Re the etc.

I have been monitoring the price of airheads, oilheads and K's....been some nice examples of all three at prices that I can't afford, but particularly some K1100's I would like. I'll just have to be patient and wait and see if the Good Pixies take pity on me some time soon......
Send imaginary royalties from an imaginary publishing success. That will be fine. Butch had a Sundance, I can't steal a van and steal a blue airhead on my own, who would I synchronise watches with? An 11 would be good :-)
Old 03-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #2483
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
Quote:

You may of seen it innit. as one cant afford to run the 318i anymore.

I'm getting 180-190 miles out of a tank on the "blue one" 18 liters as apposed to 420 miles to 55 liters out of the car.
fuckin government
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #2484
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
fuckin government
It's so much more than a single government that's making this happen.

PS - When's the Shiny Knobs Night?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #2485
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dDMwNLCX6bE

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2012/...nis-interview/

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 05:04 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #2486
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2lkvvziv6cgaui
Old 04-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #2487
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
The shiny Knob is normal place at normal time on the 20th june.

Best get shinieing
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #2488
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
The shiny Knob is normal place at normal time on the 20th june.

Best get shinieing
Blimey that's ages away, I was quite looking forward to my annual being asked to park down the far end of the carpark again , guess I'll just have to wait. And as for shining, you know I have a doctors note for that, and I was hoping that this year they might finally have a rat/scrap cup after all these years of me insistently 'suggesting' it

In other general news, just been thru the MOT which went ok. The rear tyre/ire will need replacing in a month or so, so I'll be on the look out for a 2nd hand one if at all possible, as penury is the word of the hour. At some point I'll need a new rear light as some of the LEDs in the current one have gone, tho it still works overall, and to a sufficient level i.e. less than 1/3rd gone. I'll also need to swap out the front disks for the other pair I have, as the current ones got an advisory for slight judder on the meter, probably due to minor warpage? I've felt this a little but only on severe application, and I must say I've been riding generally to a 'putt-putt' level, so this only occurs when it has to.

In other other general news I've been doing still more gardening, and I can only say it is confirmed that my preference is definitely for a fully concreted landscape design... Form follows function, function is formed by 'no gardening'. There is a certain satisfaction to be had from hacking back natures yearly outreach, and it's pleasing to make the space more accessible for the family just as the holiday starts but the weather recedes, but I really can't see me gaining gardening as a hobby any time soon, no thank you.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #2489
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I'm going to need to spread the cost of changes/repairs over the next two or three months, but I'm going to start with the rear light unit. Four or so of the 20 red LEDs are out, which I suspect is caused by water ingress on that side of the casing. Normally I would have simply replaced the LEDs themselves, but in this case I can't find my LED stock, and it's simpler & cheaper to replace the whole unit with one that's the same:

eBay item number 320865690714 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3208656907...84.m1423.l2649

This works out at 8.99, with free (though tardy) postage from Hong Kong, as opposed to 25 odd + 4 postage from here within the FUCK (Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms).

The number plate is showing signs of an impending crack, and is arguably a millimetre or two under size. The characters are the correct legal size with the correct font & spacing, but the edging could, by an awkward plod, be considered to be a minuscule amount too small. They do like to force standard sized plates onto every vehicle just so the Automatic Number Plate Recognition System works. I imagine the Nazis would do the same, Oh, they are...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #2490
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Motiondive test live grab 2 image sets

NAME | Myspace Video