ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.12%
Nasty? 30 13.57%
Nasty but nice? 162 73.30%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #2521
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,911

Via
Old 04-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #2522
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Via

Above, The 1972 Turbo prototype, precursor to the M1 below, which was to my mind nicer at the rear than the original.

Via

I saw the M1 Procars once in '79 & twice in '80 - From Coppice at the Donington Gunnar Nilson Memorial Trophy in '79, and in '80 from the stub of the bridge below the Old Hairpin at Donington & then probably Woodcote (tho maybe Stowe?) at Silverstone. At the time I hated Donington - terrible access/exits, & always the smell of human waste wafting past the burger vans from the inadequate toilets. Sometimes produced good racing, almost exclusively in the wet as the circuit is on a landing route for the (very) nearby East Midlands Airport so premium Avgas coats the track as the planes repeatedly fly over, and when water is added everyone starts sliding. I guess the only reason I'd return to Donington would be The Grand Prix Collection

The Nilson event had been originally planned as a non-championship F1 race, however in the end wrangling led to a fastest lap shoot off with a small variety of teams running 3 or 4 lap stints in an attempt to set a new outright lap record. If memory serves (it doesn't) Jones prevailed in a Williams FW07, tho this is the slightly prettier B spec as used in '80:
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #2523
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Ah, Lego :-D

Via
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #2524
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Now you're talking my language.......even though this fine machine is a fully road-going motorcycle, the astute
observer will note that it is the very rare four-cylinder model, produced in Febjuly of 1956 and a half.

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #2525
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Now you're talking my language.......even though this fine machine is a fully road-going motorcycle, the astute
observer will note that it is the very rare four-cylinder model, produced in Febjuly of 1956 and a half.

Peanut valve covers.
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #2526
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
While we're all waiting for planktonnn to post something new, I thought I'd post a gif of a sprocket going round and round. It's a rubber sprocket, which is why it changes shape a bit........

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 AM   #2527
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Rosalina. Woman.

You constantly revile me with your singular lack of vision. Be aware, there is an essential truth and beauty in all things. From the death throes of a speared gazelle to the damaged smile of a freeway homeless. But that does not mean that the invisibility of something implies its lack of being. Though simpleton babies foolishly believe the person before them vanishes when they cover their eyes during a hateful game of peek-a-boo, this is a fallacy. And so it is that the unseen dusty build up that accumulates behind the DVD shelves in the rumpus room exists also. This is unacceptable.

I will tell you this Rosalina, not as a taunt or a threat but as an evocation of joy. The joy of nothingness, the joy of the real. I want you to be real in everything you do. If you cannot be real, then a semblance of reality must be maintained. A real semblance of the fake real, or “real”. I have conquered volcanoes and visited the bitter depths of the earth’s oceans. Nothing I have witnessed, from lava to crustacean, assailed me liked the caked debris haunting that small plastic soap hammock in the smaller of the bathrooms. Nausea is not a sufficient word. In this regard, you are not being real.

Now we must turn to the horrors of nature. I am afraid this is inevitable. Nature is not something to be coddled and accepted and held to your bosom like a wounded snake. Tell me, what was there before you were born? What do you remember? That is nature. Nature is a void. An emptiness. A vacuum. And speaking of vacuum, I am not sure you’re using the retractable nozzle correctly or applying the ‘full weft’ setting when attending to the lush carpets of the den. I found some dander there.

I have only listened to two songs in my entire life. One was an aria by Wagner that I played compulsively from the ages of 19 to 27 at least 60 times a day until the local townsfolk drove me from my dwelling using rudimentary pitchforks and blazing torches. The other was Dido. Both appalled me to the point of paralysis. Every quaver was like a brickbat against my soul. Music is futile and malicious. So please, if you require entertainment while organizing the recycling, refrain from the ‘pop radio’ I was affronted by recently. May I recommend the recitation of some sharp verse. Perhaps by Goethe. Or Schiller. Or Shel Silverstein at a push.

The situation regarding spoons remains unchanged. If I see one, I will kill it.

That is all. Do not fail to think that you are not the finest woman I have ever met. You are. And I am including on this list my mother and the wife of Brad Dourif (the second wife, not the one with the lip thing). Thank you for listening and sorry if parts of this note were smudged. I have been weeping.

Your money is under the guillotine.

Herzog.

Via
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #2528
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I now have an h key of sorts, in that a dear friend who lives in a castle has promptly written a kind script which turns my caps lock into an h, now just have to get used to it. Ha hah etc. Tho my brane still makes up blocks of words avoiding the said h, and I need to integrate & relearn.

Brief FYI & in a spirit of frankness - Rudi, my ex wife to whom I am sort of engaged, was diagnosed on Fri with a very early detected type 2 breast cancer, for which surgical & radiative intervention begins this week. Prognosis is at the good end & there is a network of support in place already. Not good news, but not untreatable, and while shocked she's strong. Kids responding well. Op thurs, 3 or 4 weeks of weekday visits to Oxfraud, then hormone treatment. No comment is required here, but thanks for the messages of support xx

In other news, and for no other purpose than distraction, here are primitive audiomages of me simulating ape noise:

I've not heard from them in a while so maybe I got sacked & I didn't even know it? And finally, for those in need of support from their imaginary friend & the guidance of an old book of homilies -

Or as I prefer to think, fuck the universe...
Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #2529
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

h H hh h HHHHH hhhhhhhh

Not seen those rocker covers before...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #2530
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Rosalina. Woman.

Your money is under the guillotine.

Herzog.

Via
You do realise you made me log in specially to thank you for the link.?

Oh yes, in future don't fuck off without excusing yourself first. OK?
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #2531
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,879
In't that der Rrrrenszport motoren?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
h H hh h HHHHH hhhhhhhh

Not seen those rocker covers before...
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #2532