ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.68%
Nasty? 28 13.21%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.11%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #241
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Which leads me on to...

After a brief fuck-up with indicators doing the weirdest things, I had a working, electric system. Indicators indicated etc etc...here's a pic of how things lie at the moment with the wiring harness....needs a bit of a tidy-up, but can't see much wrong with that myself.

You know when I said that electricity fucks with your mind? Well, paint eats your soul...there's a curse been laid on code 201 Colorado Red..doesn't exist. And yet it does! No it doesn't, yes it does! The fucking formula has been wiped...there is no list of ingredients! I've tried tracking that fucker down but it seems hopeless..no problem with any other forqueing bmw metallic red, of which there are legion, but Colorado Red is a thing of mystery. If you have any, you can keep it because we're going to go with Mystic or plain old 'Metallic' red, or even 'Helrot' just because I like the sound of that one best.

Tomorrow, hopefully, the postie's going to deliver a big parcel full of stuff. That stuff will move the std1's build along just nicely and then we can have some fresh juicy pics from the laboratory at the foot of planktonnn's paltial residence high in the....etc

pjcr12 screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 05:57 AM
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #242
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Which of course....

Although I had finished the last post with new information on the std1, obviously I want to talk some more about my bike....so, here's a recent side view* against the background of the washing I had earlier hung upon the line. Yes, that's right..I'm a New Man, have been for the last 38 years. Completely fucked my mind to the point that juggling mechanical interventions and a low temp quick cycle are just part of the general blur now. Still, managed to leave a couple of oily thumbprints on a couple of the more feminine garments for that old reverse psychology to do it's thing. Grunt.

* Yes, the sidepanel is a bit photoshoppy but I'd been trying my hand at a bit of virtual pinstriping and it seems I'm crap at it. Everything else is real, honest.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #243
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,085
they should make a "harlot red"
Old 10-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #244
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,625
Suddenly, nothing happened...

Some things in life seem unpredictable, however, like western '4/4 bar, 8 bar repetition' musical sensibilities compared to long, rambling but ultimately repeated Raga phrases, it all comes round again in the end. It might be referred to as Non Linear Dynamics?

I found death, s/he was hiding in the water pump of a Reliant Robin.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #245
Pigford
British

Oddometer: 900
Just returning to the bit about Planktonnn's choice of "slang" English..... He is from ESSEX, and thats where all the real air-heads reside

As for the weather - we did have a very dry August though This is what I've been waiting for - loads of RAIN - bring it on There's a nice stretch of back lanes which FLOOD in my neck of the woods (North Dorset) and theres a good 1/2 mile which regularly reaches a good 12 to 18" deep. That'll test out me TTR600 - and me wellies
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #246
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigford
He is from ESSEX
Ah, well, no. The donor bike was from there but I & me is internetin' from this 'ere grand county of Fuckshire my duck - though I can see how everything east of Dorset could be considered as Essex, which is all like Hastings without the sea. I can see from our incredibly popular poll that (currently) a massive 76.92% of our respondents have visited and found the experience nasty but nice. This is of course the correct answer.

60% of those that live here travel out of the area to work each day, and 60% of those that work here travel into the area to work each day, mostly to clean the houses of the first group I suspect. It's inhabited by a sickening brigade of self obsessed senior managers & accountants who aren't sufficiently senior to leave the city early enough to get out to a remote country estate, but they can leave early enough to get out of the city at least. What a fucking place... It won't be like that on my island.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #247
earthroamer
Stuck in Pindadesh

Oddometer: 2,045
Ahh! There's still a heartbeat.
earthroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #248
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
HeLlO I'm StIlL HeRe ToO
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #249
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Right.................

Now then, having been otherwise occupied for the last few days ( a simple case of mild depression brought about by the fact that the entire world seems to be completely and utterly fucked) I thought I'd catch up with a few recent posts.....

Stagehand: Some 'cashmere' black and a harlot would come in handy right now; please organise a parcel and send post haste to planktonnn's house where I'll pick it up after I've made sure the plod* aren't casing his joint.

Pigford: I had to laugh at your assumption that planktonnn comes from Essex!! You're lucky he's medicated....that's all I'm saying.

Dirtyboydeadly: We know you're still there mate, but the question is: where's my fourth foot peg, eh? Eh? EH??!! Give me either of your bikes and we'll say no more about it, h'nkay?

Regarding the paint saga (and I haven't even touched on the seat saga yet). After much bollocking about on a fruitless search for a reasonably-priced quantity of code 201 Colorado Red, I made the decision to opt for (with full agreement from my co-director here at Martha Farquar Int.) a litre tin of Mystic Red from a commercial auto paint supplier here in the City of Dreaming Spires and Ulcerous, Weeping Sores.....however, this means that we have had to inaugurate a paint department within our organisation. I tried to fob off planktonnn with an airbrush compressor that I had lying around, but he just shook his head. He insisted it had to be a proper compressor/spray gun job which, internally, I resisted until I realised he was going to pay for it himself which, obviously, fits right in with my personal financial policy, and so I gave him permission for the expenditure and allocated a chitty. Again, obviously, I didn't actually give him a chitty...I just thought about doing so. For those who know us, we operate on a sliding-reality basis here at MF...sometimes things are real, sometimes they're not, but they're always important no matter which way round they are. This led us to consider (as winter approaches) the best way to do a complete spray job on an RT fairing in a back garden with no proper facilities. To this end, I am supplying a large tent frame and an invalid's infrared lamp...planktonnn is providing the ability to spray paint in a serious-minded and conscientious fashion. Thank fuck, otherwise we'd be in deep shit.

OK, back to me. Tomorrow I shall be making an important announcement. So important in fact that I'll be doing it with a new thread....Yeah! I can't talk too much about it now because it's a secret....well, not completely secret as I've just mentioned it, but semi-secret. As far as I know (because I haven't checked) there has never been a thread posted on the subject that I'm going to post tomorrow....it's about airheads and a certain facet of the original equipment issued with the bike. I can almost hardly wait, but I just need to take one more photo before I reveal it to the world. Ok, not the world, but definitely the whole ADVRider forum....well, maybe just us sad fucks that appreciate the best bike ever made here in the Old's Cool section.....Yeah! Stay tuned.

*Plod....usually dressed in blue, tend to shoot first and ask questions later, will lock you up for doing something they just happen to disagree with etc etc etc

Here's a pic of....

Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #250
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

On second thoughts......

Fuck the new thread......I'll be posting my revelation on this thread. We'll get this fucker past the 10,000 views quicker that way. (10k views is the minimum, obviously, that any self-respecting ADV'er would hope to achieve with a thread about airheads). In my opinion, naturally.

Here's a pic of my shed. I'm not in it, I'm in the house on the computer but I don't have a pic of that.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #251
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
...it had to be a proper compressor/spray gun job...
Well, a reasonably cheap 'get the best out of it & it'll just about do it' compressor/spray gun kit anyway. Tests show it can be made to do a tidy job as long as you don't try to lay down too much at once. Half the bodywork is stripped & filled/repaired & primed & mostly rubbed down, so we'll see how it goes over the next few days.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #252
rufusswan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
...I'll be posting my revelation on this thread.
Here's a pic of my shed.
That appears to be a fine and proper potting shed posted above, and would pass muster in my neck o' the woods, but ... I keep fixating on the cloths lines.
rufusswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #253
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusswan
... I keep fixating on the cloths lines.
So do the neighbours on washing day. You should see it, though you might wish you hadn't. Five days worth of Leopard print thongs and 1 fish stained loin cloth/bum bag combination, for the weekend

Thinking about it momentarily I suspect we may be able to dispense with the tent frame & mock an approximation of a low tech spray booth up using wash lines & the old swing set frame I have stuffed aside for just such an occasion. I've got designs on that trampoline frame when the little what’s-its wear it out too (3 weeks? I’ll run a matchstick sweepstake shall I). Now the trampoline frame would make a good spray boot with an appropriate covering. I'd only have to do is sabotage it & blame them...

In the mean time the swing frame build can form the first test mock up of the much needed, much anticipated, barely started, all important, mythological 2nd stage of shed development, which will double the space to a barely impressive 3m x 6*. Whereas the unit will be covered with plastic or tarpaulin sheeting to begin with, this can progressively be replaced with joists, ship-lap, battening, insulation & internal boarding & a hung door as & when/if they all come to me for free or somewhere thereabouts. Then I could almost 'live' in there, which I may have to. It wouldn't be so bad, I've lived in worse.

Regarding PJs' mysterious impending revelation, I'd just like to say I do think we should all take a moment to be sensitive to a persons choices regarding their gender assignment... And if they seem to be spending an increasingly worrying amount of time around sailors, it's not really for us to judge.

Kind regrades,

Dick Sandcome Esq.

* I'm quite happy if anyone wishes to excavate my garden to facilitate the below ground installation of a shipping container or two. I've measured, they'd just about fit, tho they'd have to be craned over the house.

I've attached a pic of the current state of the STD1 renovation, I think you'll agree it's progressing brilliantly

Attached Images

Old 10-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #254
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

That all important "Important Announcement"....

THONGS?!?!

Anyway.....THE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

It is a sad fact of life that, amongst all the blather and brouhaha to do with running, maintaining, overhauling and modifying the beloved Airhead, very little is ever, if at all, mentioned in regard to that most easily-overlooked and, in my view, most unsung item of OE............the Airhead Pump!!

Yes, I know; I was staggered to realise that I had never even considered it, even wondering what those two little prongs on the l/h rear part of the subframe were for! Now I know! The Pump!!

Naturally, I couldn't come out of the closet, as it were, and let either planktonnn or dirtyboydeadly know of my new-found enthusiasm for manual-pneumatic rubber-inflation, for fear of ridicule and the derision they both employ when faced with things they simply could never understand. I think most ADV'ers would agree with me that certain aspects of Airhead ownership require a degree of maturity and sensibleness that hooligans (such as those two) aren't yet quite capable of appreciating. Give 'em a few more years and they'll come around...... anyway, the pump. I scored one off ebay! This one was rough as fuck, but at least it had the all-important little rubber cap for the aluminium-cast valve end! Yeah! Couldn't believe my luck.....!

I decided to do a full strip and rebuild....although pneumo-mechanically sound, (the pump had excellent compression) and having an almost-pristine rubber cap, the bodywork was, as I say, pretty fucked up. The PO had obviously lost the plot somewhere, but I decided to undo the years of his inattention to basic maintenance procedure and got stuck in....

Here's a pic of it stripped, gripped in a vice and ready for the next stage

Old 10-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #255
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

The next stage........

GENDER ASSIGNMENT?!?....SAILORS??!!

Anyway.........having given the pump a good seeing-to with a wire wheel, I had the opportunity to get a few coats of primer onto it before my attention wandered too much (I am extremely prone to Diversionary Thought Syndrome)

I don't know about you, but whenever I have a rattle-can in my hand, I always find myself looking around for something else to spray after I've done the first job.....that's why my spare /7 tank got a going over at the same time.

Here's a pic...see that small ding in the front of the tank? That's factory original, that is. Yeah, for a brief period, prospective owners could order what was known as "Ein Ding" or "Zum Dingen" to give the bike a hint of history without having to have had any history, as such. I think it was aimed at the 'too fucking rich and stupid' end of the market. Anyway, I'm leaving it in for historical veracity.