ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.62%
Nasty? 28 13.15%
Nasty but nice? 156 73.24%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #3271
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,626

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=MMVj30gnHKI

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 01:07 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #3272
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

The Martha Farquar Motosickles photog dept out looking for premium images for you...

Via Mac Twin
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #3273
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Glad to see you've smartened yourself up a bit Planktonnn, you don't look a day over 84....
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #3274
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Behind the see-thru/ough curtain...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/shepy/works/582470-one-the-cutting-room-floor

In a vain attempt to get my balls rolling in some meaningful direction I'm editing/compositing a complimentary promo vid for a DJ I know. The following is a sample of the current communications about the development of sections or chunks, copied here to make me look as tho/ough I know what I'm talking about, sort of...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Them
Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2012, 21:54 GMT
Subject: 2nd chunk attached...

dear j'n'j

can you let me know if it runs pls :-)

• pls check text content, font etc & advise any changes
  • are crowd shots ok?
  • johns spoken word about playlist selection etc will be edited behind this
  • + some music snippets behind him?
  • hi rez versions rendered when all chunks finalised n ting
  • brain gone bye bye :-)
d

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:54:20 GMT
Subject: Re: 2nd chunk
To: Me

Thanks just watched it and it plays fine, really pleased with it - the crowd shots and effects are great - John may just rethink the names of the bands or may not need those , just having the decades coming up as they are without the band names at all? Will have a good look at it tomorrow - looking good though, thanks for all the work :-D

To: Them
Subject: RE: 2nd chunk
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 05:39:56 GMT

I think this makes sense...

Evenin' :-D

Well, band-name wise we could cut it to 2 & say 'X to Y' or some other variation, but it's in my mind that with the voice-over reinforcing the 'you get to choose. we chat in advance, I can get any song if I don't have it already, it's your night' elements, the band names are simply passing illustrations which will become less intrusive/more background as the layers compile & distil out/underline the primary messages - and at this stage I want to go a bit 'info heavy/include all ideas' on the whole thing so that it gives us a lot to play with. I'm looking for a 'multi-Phil-Spector walls & walls of info'* that rewards repeated viewing** & reinforces the key messages on a number of interrelated levels, juss likey dem proper TV Ads'n'all - i.e. primary message supported by multiple underlying layers of wider info that say the same thing in a different way = un-noticed brainwashing. Once the talking head voice-over is hacked up and under-layed with a segue music bed I feel the messages above will be predominant & any concern about the band names should shrink, as they're really only there as a visual foil for the dancing shots. Anyway, they could be done in smaller font to pull them back a bit, or the decades paired up to say 'From The Beatles to The Clash'?, or any permutation of something else. As I've said, we'll construct the whole chunks/sections, and then go back and see what's been said too much/too little and whether the thing makes balanced sense as a whole - the overall thing will only really come together/make sense in the final stages.

Audio wise I'm thinking of simple little tricks like opening up by blending the intro 'Wop bop a loom bop, a lop bop' of Tutti Frutti cut into 'Boom shake sake shake the room' and then other tracks segued etc. - slicing excerpts together'n'stuff to demonstrate the spread of music available, and the bespoke nature of the service provided with Johns speaking ducking in & out to match textual context reinforcing how the client gets to choose their theme/mood etc.

Overall I'm going for 'sensory overload', but once all the planned layers are there it should fall into line & become clear which of the component narrative threads is intended to be the dominant message at any one point, and which, like the band names, are purely supportive/complimentary of the overall thrust of message of the section. On the other hand the band names can of course do whatever you choose, though I'd suggest we get another couple of major chunks through into a rough cut so that we can begin to see the thing as a whole. I tend to get all the ideas floating around squashed into the Offline Edits of component chunks & get them running as blocks without fiddling/getting sidetracked/delving too much, and then go back & change stuff in the Fine Cut Edit relative to developed view of the overall balance, which by that point becomes visible. But when it comes to it we can of course change anything you want, as it's all still malleable back to the original sectional constructs - I'd just suggest that at this point we maintain focus on building primary blocks, even if they do contain too much info***, and then integrate/adjust/filter them in the Fine-Cut Edit, topping & tailing with an intro & an outro. I'll troll through Johns Vox Pop to see what I've not already said and build a third component section, & then think about the in & out, before addressing modifications to the initial versions of the blocks, sort of like stitching a cord around the mouth of a bag and then pulling the rope to bring it all together? Hope this arcane & self devised working practice works for y'all :-)

Just to add that the order the blocks are being scribbled up in/arrive with you doesn't necessarily reflect the order or shape we use them for in the Final Edit. We should enter that stage with all variants of ideas still included so that we can define the most effective final combination through the application of selection & taste - we can trim down the content at that stage, which is the appropriate juncture at which to do so. For some reason I'm able to give more (seemingly, to me at least) cogent rationales for my process/practice at this time of night rather the the telegram like emails @ other times :-D I'm sorry I wasn't previously able to unpack & illustrate my 'methodolgy' :-D

When it's time you should have a look at Rough Cut edit files I'm running here in Vegas and we can chop & change against your notes & that point :-), just let me know if I'm going in totally the wrong direction with content, editorial & visual treatments :-)

Toodle Parp!?!

* But a bit less murdery?!?
** Harry Webb was called Cliff Richard without a final 'S' just so that he got to say the name 2 or three times to lodge it firmly in the listeners mind.
*** Better too much and we lose a bit than too little and we struggle to say what we mean on multiple levels which the viewer absorbs without noticing (ref the brainwash thing). We can always cut info out when the blocks come together, or add stuff in eg 'All equipment PAT tested' being added into the first vid after '2m Public liability' etc.

CC Jon via FB if it lets me use this many characters :-D

planktonnn screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 04:26 AM
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #3275
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
The Martha Farquar Motosickles photog dept out looking for premium images for you...

Via Mac Twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Glad to see you've smartened yourself up a bit Planktonnn, you don't look a day over 84....
I hate to break it to you like this but this ain't me, have you taken down all the mirrors round your gaff?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #3276
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

In case there were any doubt...

Old 10-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #3277
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXct...layer_embedded

I can see 7 of the 11 London residences I inhabited... But I'd rather live in this -

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 01:09 PM
Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #3278
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

We go to by coming from.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #3279
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5Q...layer_embedded

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 01:11 PM
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #3280
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826847
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #3281
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-moto...ifications.htm
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #3282
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r...-r-75-5-a.html
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #3283
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

BMW VIN Decoder -- A handy reference for year/model of those mystery frames & engines

Electrical System Wiring Diagrams for Airheads -- In color!

Via http://www.bynumonline.com/airheads/techinfo.html
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #3284
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.ridelust.com/perfect-bmw/
Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #3285
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r45