ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #331
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,536
define "trenchantly," please?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #332
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
define "trenchantly," please?
adj.
  1. Forceful, effective, and vigorous: a trenchant argument. See Synonyms at incisive.
  2. Caustic; cutting: trenchant criticism.
  3. Distinct; clear-cut.

[Middle English, from Old French, cutting, from present participle of trenchier, to cut; see trench.]
trench'an·cy n., trench'ant·ly adv.

Which is not what you're looking for.

I suspect the MFM Co has their own SOP on the procedure as it pertains to "lacquering".
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #333
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,865
Meet Doug!?!

How to Scuff Old Clear Coat to Apply New Clear Coat -- powered by eHow.com

Spraying Clear Coat on Your Car -- powered by eHow.com
Old 12-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #334
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot
Lacquering is such a quaint Olde Shoppe term. Googling it brings up images of violins, trombones and Chinese artifacts, could this possibly be what us colonials know as clear coat.?
Damn you all & your blasted non 'imperial' search terms which garner results
Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #335
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Now, if I could just fit an AV projector as a headlamp, I could watch movies while night riding...
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #336
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Remember, this is where we're coming from...
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #337
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
I don't normally get involved with motorcyclist forums that have less than 10,000 views...
Ah, well, there's nearly enough views for me to nuke it all?...

Quote:
qzzzxxt...frazz...blzzble...clunk!
You want to get the valve timing adjusted on that you know.

Quote:
Anyway, I'd just like to say that were it for courageous spray, not totally gorgeous with which to flaunt our fulness at the whole.
I will stencil this onto a picture of the queen & send this to the Gas Board.

Quote:
... and we're all going to die
So there really is no need to finish this paint job then? that's such a shame, as it's all ready for clear coat* now... just clean up a few internal surfaces & we're off

* as we call it, you may know it as lacquer?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #338
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn
Dan looks as if he will fit right in at MFM & Co, but his level of expertise and speed of execution may count against him.?
Nevertheless the MFM HR Department should consider making him a suitable offer.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #339
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot
Dan looks as if he will fit right in at MFM & Co, but his level of expertise and speed of execution may count against him.?
Nevertheless the MFM HR Department should consider making him a suitable offer.
You can't have a stoopid beard, headband & mullet/rat-tail all together. It's just asking to be punched in the ear.

Knowing what one is doing seemingly creates the state of knowing 'what should be done', and this most often creates the condition of excluding that which is not already 'what should be done'.

It's like taking medication, and purposely not reading up on what the side-effects are, so that ones impression of what side-effects one is actually experiencing is not distorted by pre-knowledge.

There are, in my mind, two main sets of people. Those that say 'It is this', and those that say 'What is it?'. The former receives given interpretations of news, politics, morals & conduct etc. as if they're pre-ordained correct & unquestionable, and regurgitates them extant.

The latter questions.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #340
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn
There are, in my mind, two main sets of people. Those that say 'It is this', and those that say 'What is it?'. The former receives given interpretations of news, politics, morals & conduct etc. as if they're pre-ordained correct & unquestionable, and regurgitates them extant.

The latter questions.
Mind if I snag this for a .sig quote?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #341
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoe333
Mind if I snag this for a .sig quote?
No worries, as it seems I owe you already, being as how I quoted your 'La llama es el quadropedo' in a song many years ago
Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #342
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Can you spray-paint in your dining room?

I'm just prepp'ing to use the airbrush to touch up some of the insides/rears of the panels so that the body kit looks tidy from a variety of angles. Not to be obsessive, but there's no reason to be sloppy is there?, and there’s value in inducing an ‘Oooh’ from a kneeling prospective purchaser, so to speak.*

And this raises an interesting query in my tiny brain. Can you spray-paint in your dining room? Now, I'm aware most of you dear imaginary readers have rented expansive factory units & assiduously converted them to workshops/test tracks; or dropped a heated workshop bigger than my present peasant abode into that spare space between the house and your pond. So, the need to spray inside your palatial homes is, I suspect, seldom, if ever encountered.

But here in the Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms, we are a little short on spare space since the land grabbing usurpation of common lands in the 13th & 14th centuries. I’m really not sure why I can’t, within reason, live where I want to?, and I now have less land rights than serf style me had in the Dark Ages. Anyway, when in need of appropriately heated spray space we un-landed un-gentlemanly types pop up a pop-up mini mini-tent on the table in the partially be-sheeted dining room, switch on the kitchen extractor fan & start squirting, so to speak.

This raises a 2nd meaningless query: Is doing this**, and the way you do it, a part of your life & who you are?, or something tacked on. Something you do only when not disallowed by your other life?, and in ways which that other life doesn't specifically exclude? I’m not even sure what I’m asking, so couldn’t answer myself if I asked me, which I won't.

Living with someone who casts toxic epoxy resin jewellery in the kitchen does help of course, but to enable such an in-house convenience as 'Spray Dome 2009' I may have had to make a not-inconsiderable quantity of theoretical commitments, which may add up to a 'promise' to build one of these -

* And I fancy doing something while I'm waiting to get on with the clear coat. This, I think, is why people ultra-polish engine casings & mudguard stays, they just don't have anything else they can get on with.
** Whatever it may be***
*** We is the Lords of the Medium Scale Rennovation said we****
**** You'd have to know the song? Sorry...

Attached Images

Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #343
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #344
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 12-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #345
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Ooooh - that Plato!?! He's a cheeky one isn't he? Never gives a straight answer. Always establishing his own position by questioning that of another. Put him in a loud disco & he'd be buggered. Almost inevitably.

planktonnn screwed with this post 12-21-2009 at 05:01 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote