ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #3886
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
When your at Dave's and Ian's magical shed don't forget to ask how Dermot's dominator is coming along .

My firestorm has had warped discs for about the last 5 years and normally pops up on the mot every 2 years.
Yes I saw the Dominator there when I was getting the fettle from Magic Ian a couple of weeks back, and saw it was there again today & enquired if it was Dermots. At a brief glance it seemed to have the primary drive cover off, what's it in for?

The slightly warped disks don't bother me, but in a sense it saves me the job of swapping over the current disks onto the new wheel anyway, so it sort of evens out you know? It wouldn't even be an issue if I had the preferable K1100 four pot Brembos & floating disks fitted...

As mentioned before, I prefer to avoid giving plod the chance to pull a 30 failure to display ticket on the tax disk
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #3887
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 390
It wont start.

something is to tight and it wont turn over quick enough and electric ignition is up the swanny , oh and cuz its dermot's it will prob do 25 miles and seize solid when it does run
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #3888
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
It wont start.

something is to tight and it wont turn over quick enough and electric ignition is up the swanny , oh and cuz its dermot's it will prob do 25 miles and seize solid when it does run
Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #3889
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Rather than put you to any bother I broke into your shed & borrowed the requisite hammers, applied them to the laptop with great force, and slipped them back into their original places. Hope you don't mind. Cheers. Ta :-)
Absolutely no problem whatsoever....you were so quiet, I never heard a thing.
Did you solve the unwanted hypertext pop-up gremlin? I was going to offer
some advice, but as I'd only be making up some techno-geek bollocks, I decided to hold my tongue so as not to make your predicament any worse than it already is/was...
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3890
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Absolutely no problem whatsoever....you were so quiet, I never heard a thing.
Did you solve the unwanted hypertext pop-up gremlin? I was going to offer
some advice, but as I'd only be making up some techno-geek bollocks, I decided to hold my tongue so as not to make your predicament any worse than it already is/was...
Malicious hidden script proved unresolvable with all available tools. The trouble is that it's only when these things make themselves visible that we come to know of their insertion into ones system. I can see one or two specific sources where I would have picked it up, but it's not as if I frequent the worst neighbourhoods on the internot. A script only has to ensure that it doesn't show up in the processes list of the Windows Task Manager, and avoid showing itself thru/ough the sort of behaviour one can see and it could easily slip past most users...

A periodic system rebuild & polaroid stylee drive image isn't such a bad idea anyway, tho/ough I would have preferred not to have been forced into one. Not least because my less than dial-up sim dongle net connection makes pulling system updates etc. a real pain.

Thank you for your consideration re prodding with techno geek bollocks etc. I would have taken it but I wouldn't have done it gracefully. When the DMW wouldn't start today I gave it a good kicking, so I think we can agree I'm not in the best of humours.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #3891
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Full timing info @ http://www.motogp.com/en/TestResults...erez+Test+2013
Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #3892
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,341
Go, Vale!

Nicky who
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #3893
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #3894
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

.i think i would like to talk about talking.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #3895
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
.i think i would like to talk about talking.
Ok.......
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #3896
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1811108077...84.m1423.l2649
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #3897
Kt-88
I like everything.

Oddometer: 524
That's attractive. Sidecar racing rules.
Kt-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #3898
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kt-88 View Post
That's attractive. Sidecar racing rules.
It is quite lovely isn't it. As one might imagine there are plenty more pics at the ebay link, and certainly on the face of it the rig looks in really good condition. I can't imagine what it'll go for, but no doubt much more than I could afford i.e. it's already way above my bracket (14.95 at a stretch) so bang goes yet another bucket list possibility. I'd always fancied a bit of sidecar racing, and it was always a delight to watch. My kids have absolutely no interest in bikes or racing of any kind, but if there's some sidecars on (rarely) it always catches them as they walk past the TV.

I had hoped to entice pjcr12wheeler into a bit of sidecar racing, but we never got beyond a passing discussion on a decision as to who would be in what role. He, being so much taller than I, would probably make better ballast, though on the other hand would be limited in the small space the platform allows, and might find getting down out of the airflow a tad more troublesome. It could though be argued that he would have a advantage using his long lever limbs as the driver, but such issues are moot as anyway I seem to recall him flat out refusing to let me anywhere near the controls as I am a madman, and I can't say he's wrong, I have a certificate and everything

I was lucky enough to be attending Silverstone bike GPs during the period when sidecar was still part of the programme, and tho/ough I can see that it'd be near impossible to raise the finance to run sidecar for a full season (perhaps missing Laguna Seca as the Moto2 & moto3 fields do), I'd like to see it back on the programme. I was also lucky enough to be around during the time of the Biland BEO** and the strange devices it spawned in the B2a/B2b period where there were two classes in GP sidecars - One for the established kneeler form, of which the previously posted ebay link is an earlier example, and another class for the more exotic machinery e.g. the LCR pictured below etc. I do love the hanging passenger thing, but I can't resist a bit of technical evolution, and was lucky enough to get a close up look under the skin of the BEO when it broke down during practice for (I think) the '79 GP. It coasted to a halt right next to me on the pitlane approach, which I got access to due to the somewhat infamous 'pretending to be in a wheel chair for the practice days but not the Sunday - It's a miracle!?!' debacle previously described, for which I will go to hell.

* On the other hand a field of sidecars down the Corkscrew flip flop vertical drop again would be something no?

** Lovely picture @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/manxnor...n/photostream/ All rights reserved by MANX NORTON.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #3899
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Ok.......
Oh, I've got nothing to say except that, which was enough.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #3900
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6Jlipl-Qw