ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #5056
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanami View Post
Sure, But i think stuff like Pandora is the new radio, at least you can make your own playlists. I like Pandora, mostly, as I have found new stuff there.
I believe the urban vernacular to be totes? I don't recall if it was here or elsewhere that I referred to an analogy with found in the woods glamour mags/intranot pron, in which consumers are able access a wider range of (non-illegal-just-wrong-or-harmful) stuff than that which Hefner deemed publishable. Audio is no different to this?

Some tracks & acts stay with me for the sound they make/made or thru/ough associations. It can be just-plain-good or strongly evocative. But the intake must be replenished with unknown noises. They can be old but new to me (like the Tim Buckley recently fed to me by The Good Wicked Woman), or just-plain-new-new.

I spent time on Barbados sharing a house with a strange, now dead, Jungian Psychiatrix and her even stranger husband in some sort of Island of Doctor Moreau - the social experiment version/I'm a non-celebrity get that out of me (without the cameras) set up. She constantly sought common ground where I welcome differences. I already know what I know already, you know? (Cue jokette using the word already in a Zero Mostel style).

Ha. Haha cough.

I have a limited download/stream 2GB per 30 days throttled SIM connection running at sub dial-up speeds so am limited on e-access, but can totally (i.e. totes) see the benefits of Pandora et al

And let's not even inappropriately touch upon the fact that less radio DJs in the world works on a whole number of levels...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #5057
rambozo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
http://www.tomcruiseforever.com

Guess this is the wrong thread to do a spot of recruiting? broken off piece of
turd is a particularly good one, it shows dedication to hate when you can't even
consider him a full piece of turd

That's a fine looking bike, I've always had a soft spot for commandos. I'd be with
chollo on most of the retro creations but the new norton is a thing of beauty
rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #5058
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
Hell yes--damn nice! Is that sweetness yours, rightsideup?

Sadly it's not my bike but on the plus side, my brother has very generously hired it for me to ride round the motorcycling paradise of Mallorca - jammy cnut, I know!

Re. Other discussions...

BBC 6 music has its moments of greatness

Tom Cruise looks down on no man, midget freak that he is!

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #5059
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambozo View Post
http://www.tomcruiseforever.com

That's a fine looking bike, I've always had a soft spot for commandos. I'd be with
chollo on most of the retro creations but the new norton is a thing of beauty
A much more tactful approach than mine, to post a link, instead of pics, giving the reader the option of not looking at the offensive Pop Gun.

Agreed on the new Norton, it is the exception.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #5060
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambozo View Post
I disagree, chollo. Posting that link was uncalled for. rambozo, this behavior of yours is starting to worry me. Keep this up, and I may have to censure you. Or you can buy me those three pints you backed out of, and I'll forget your erratic & irresponsible behavior.

All you people need to stop this. In fact, everyone who reads this owes me one Airhead I perfect condition for ongoing services rendered--services rendered for your collective sakes.

I live right between the two holiest of holies of $cientologydom--Big Blue, west of me, in LA (home of the largest population of $cientologists on the planet http://www.angrygaypope.com/big_blue_complex/index.htm and east of me, the Gold Base Compound, the International HQ http://publicintelligence.net/scientology-headquarters-gold-baseint-base/

As long as I keep these two fucking loony compounds from merging, the planet is safe. Through my dedicated efforts, I keep both asylums (the bad kind) quivering in fear of my wrath. For if I cease my selfless efforts, the two will merge into one big putrid powder blue shitblob, growing exponentially, consuming all intelligence within its reach, ultimately consuming the planet with their militant stupidity, turning us all into nice little obedient, lobotomized fruitloops in silly little sailor suits. http://www.xenu.net/archive/so/

Why has this not already come to pass?

Me. And the greasy filthy Airhead. We are the force of right-. We keep them divided and impotent so you can keep mocking them. But as you mock, remember, it is because of the blanket of security and confusion which I provide. Because I love you. All of you.

Now stop all this inane Tom Cruise shit and send me a perfect, mint condition Airhead in perfect running condition. As a small gesture of gratitude. Plank, you can just send me your bike--not need to wash it; it's MOT positive, that'll suffice. Send it to me, stat. You know where to find me.

Fighting for you--for a billion years if that's what it takes.

* Posts submitted under the moniker Thorazine are for entertainment purposes only, and may include exaggerations, prevarications or bald-faced lies. -- Thorazine - '74 R90/6
Thorazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:21 AM   #5061
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Ah, well, the thing is I can't send you my Airhead as, well I just can't. L Ron Cupboard told me not to...

Anyhoo, DBD has been kind enough to fabricate & construct the modifications to the braided end pipes & I'll need to hang onto the bike so I can fit them

Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #5062
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Great job, DBD. Those look great! How are they gonna sound?

* Posts submitted under the moniker Thorazine are for entertainment purposes only, and may include exaggerations, prevarications or bald-faced lies. -- Thorazine - '74 R90/6
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #5063
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

From No Limit with George Formby, 1935. Fun movie, cool to see what the Isle o' Man looked like back then..

Old 04-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #5064
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #5065
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 433
All I done is cut the ends off as wrong diameter and weld on new pipes 40mm o/d one end 40mm I/d the other. It gave me chance to set up a tig welding area in my man cave. I have a mig area as well 😆

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #5066
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
All I done is cut the ends off as wrong diameter and weld on new pipes 40mm o/d one end 40mm I/d the other. It gave me chance to set up a tig welding area in my man cave. I have a mig area as well 😆

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #5067
rambozo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448

Cruise just heard about your one man crusade thorazine

That'll be my last posting of the cruisemeister so keep your hair on I'll get
ya a shot along with them three pints to make up for it
rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #5068
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #5069
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,322
Thorazine,

I have been shown the error of my ways and will desist from any further Cruisepostisms, or, though they haven't been spoken of here, I will refrain from entering into the quagmire of Travoltamania, or Willsmithfrenzy.

As I have no Airhead, other than my own, and a pile of shit that I refer to as "spares", I submit the following alternative:

Use the two-dimensional image below:

And then transmogrify it using the following device (certainly there's such a setting):

Which you should be able to pick up at either:

Or:

Although the former would most likely be preferable to the latter due to this:

Surrounding the latter.

If this process does not provide satisfaction, I'm afraid I have little more to offer, other than to resort to thievery. However if that is what it takes to save the world from the likes of Hubbard and his ilk, so be it. And if it gets a sweet ride for you, all the better!

Sincerely yours,

chollo9
Old 04-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #5070
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

See how nice people are here? I LOVE this place.

As to the method of delivery, I'll have to work on that. Whenever I approach a 'holy' institution, something goes up in flames. Must be mindful; lots of innocents locked in those places--not to mention that transmogrification device to claim/rescue that lovely /5 (thanks again chollo9--feelin the love). Will do what it takes. This mission is possible. [insert rimshot emoticon]