ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.12%
Nasty? 30 13.57%
Nasty but nice? 162 73.30%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #5506
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Oddometer: 707
Never mind that. Who needs records when you have this:

* Posts submitted under the moniker Thorazine are for entertainment purposes only, and may include exaggerations, prevarications or bald-faced lies. -- Thorazine - '74 R90/6
Thorazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #5507
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

* Posts submitted under the moniker Thorazine are for entertainment purposes only, and may include exaggerations, prevarications or bald-faced lies. -- Thorazine - '74 R90/6
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #5508
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,920
Oh bloody fuck bugger and piss...

The right hand take off for the exhaust down-pipe cross tube has cracked right round where it joins the main pipe. Thought it was sounding a bit loud... Aftermarket stainless pipes. Bugger.

Why do I fucking bother?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #5509
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 445
Bring it round I'll weld it up 😎
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #5510
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Bring it round I'll weld it up
That'd be a good thing, I'll PM you
Old 08-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #5511
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
Yeah. If records are all that great, how come we still have CDs?

To hang from rear view mirrors (78s are too big and heavy).
Old 08-11-2014, 05:52 AM   #5512
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

And so, repairs etc. ...

I was lucky enough to get the broken cross-pipe outlet on the DMW downpipes welded up by the ever helpful DBD, and he did a lovely job. He also had some exhaust wadding sitting around so I got to wrap my baffles and was kind enough to top up my oil.

The following day I had just about enough hot (non-rainy) weather to get around to adjusting my valve clearances and torquing down my jugs and the bike is now running as sweet as a nut. The clearances were tight and once I got them sorted I now find that the bike starts on the button and runs much more happily, at least it did in the 50 or so miles I've run it since. The idle is good and I've not had any troubles getting it started.

The question really becomes why do the clearances get tighter? They're post '82 heads so there shouldn't be a problem with running un-leaded but are the valves receding for some other reason? Or I've heard mumbles of the valve stems stretching... Hmmm.

In other news I'm not entirely sure that my charging circuit is working all the time. My (off-board) volt meter gives a skipping reading, but as mentioned before I've tried swapping out the Electrex World Regulator Rectifier for another unit I have, as well as swapping the loom from the generator to the the reg/rec, but neither seems to make any difference. I'm loathe to spend the exorbitant £5 (which I don't have anyhoo) for a new battery on my volt meter to see if it's a read problem. There's a part of me that wonders about the stator but I no longer have a spare to try as it got dumped in the The Much Deserved Great Post Divorce Shed Disposal. I shall continue to try & source the problem.

In the meantime I'm having to save for a new (2nd hand) rear tire/yre as the current is coming towards the end of its life, and a new (low bar) clutch cable as the current is beginning to fray at each end, and some oil for an oil change which is a little overdue, along with a (bendy) filter change.

And other stuff...

planktonnn screwed with this post 08-12-2014 at 01:52 PM Reason: Typos...
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #5513
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

This is a very poor taste joke, but Nannoo Na-Noose. Soz, just made that up on the spot...
Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #5514
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I was looking to save up for a new rear tire/yre as the one I'm running is moving towards the end of its service life. I'd got it free from Motorworks last time I ordered a 2nd hand front as they didn't have a 2nd hand rear in stock that they felt had enough life left in it for them to charge for. When the tyre/ires arrived the front was pretty much brand new but I was surprised to see that the rear, a BT45, had what I thought was plenty of life left in it.

Well, it did a couple of thousand miles, which can't be bad for a free supposedly knackered rear tyre, but the time is near when it will need replacing and I was somewhat concerned as I am in my usual state of totally fucking broke. In response to my passing comment (which was intended more as a note to myself than anything else) a regular reader here has done a deeply kind thing and has just informed me that they've ordered me a new rear tire/yre which is now winging its way to me. It's a Conti-Go radial to match the one I'm running on the front.

It's not for me to identify the member concerned as it's their choice as to whether their identity is broadcast, however I am once more stunned by the kindness of people and a little bewildered as to what I have ever done to deserve it, so my thanks to you dear masked stranger

Hi-Ho Beemer, Awaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #5515
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
This is a very poor taste joke, but Nannoo Na-Noose. Soz, just made that up on the spot...
Timing is everything!

In other noose, I mean news, sorry, Lauren Bacall has died at 89 and won't get much attention because of said timing.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #5516
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Pie in the Welsh Sky...

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/D...toGP+agreement

"The Circuit of Wales is set to host the British round of the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship until 2024 after agreeing a five-year contract with the option for further five year extension with the Championship’s commercial rights holders, Dorna Sports S.L."

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10583017_10152506348103855_2881024912799450938_o.j pg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10495808_10152506348258855_2779149122251236078_o.j pg

All they need now is a track, and some infrastructure...

Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #5517
chollo9
Screwed the Pooch

Quote:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10495808_10152506348258855_2779149122251236078_o.j pg
Not much run-off there . . .
Old 08-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #5518
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Quote:

Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #5519
Thorazine
Likes exhaust fumes

Quote:
I am once more stunned by the kindness of people and a little bewildered as to what I have ever done to deserve it . . .
People like you, even Robin Williams. (Still). Deal with it.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #5520
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Wow, new tyre/ire has just arrived. Phukkin amazing - Thank you