ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #736
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
hmmmm....(#6a5s5a43)

Don't worry, there's an airhead pic coming up in about 3-4 frames

pjcr12 screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 07:00 AM
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #737
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

hmmmm.....

I like this bloke (I've based him on what I think planktonnn will be like in a year or two...

Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #738
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmm....

Couple more to go this evening...

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #739
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmmm....

I often find that drug addicts, boozers and airhead riders are misunderstood individuals with a unique grasp on reality who, sadly, are seldom listened to by normal people. More's the pity...

pjcr12 screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 07:01 AM
Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #740
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmmm....

Last one tonight as I want to play some guitar before I run out of Guinness..
more tomorrow...stay tuned

Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #741
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
a little alley called 'Helen's Passage'?
I thought they'd blocked off Helens Passage years ago, but it seems as though someone must have removed the barriers while no-one was looking? Scandalous!?!
Quote:
I often find that drug addicts, boozers and airhead riders are misunderstood individuals with a unique grasp on reality who, sadly, are seldom listened to by normal people. More's the pity...
You missed out madmen... I feel socially excluded now.

Somethings going awfully wrong with my end of this browser interface, now I've got an attachments button but other sections of the page are going sucky!?!
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 06-28-2010 at 06:26 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #742
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Danlyboydustly?, calling Danlyboydustly, can you hear me? Astral may be interested in some Reliant parts from your near neighbour & I don't currently have your email or phone. If you've still got my eddress drop me a line & contact between them can be arranged while we perhaps point & giggle at their strange 3 wheeled 'cars'... My phone numbers have all changed so message me if you can? Ta.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #743
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmm....(#6f)

And so...

Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #744
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmm...(#87q)

And so on...

Old 06-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #745
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmm...(#?)

And...

Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #746
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Caution, post may include motorbike based material.

It's coming to that time of year when I must tidy up my two wheeled lover & present for inspection by operatives of her majesties vehicular standards observational authorities, or as we term it over here - it's nearly MOT time.

So, all those niggling little problems like having no horn, or having no main beam light & having to run on high beam with a lowered hd/light shell, or other such piffling stuff has to get sorted out. The horn was easy enough, I opened up the headlight shell, popped out the top fuse & cleaned the ends, popped it back in and bingo - one horn. I don't know if it's just my bike, but I find the ends of the fuses fur up and cease to make proper contact, thus rendering the horn inoperative. Or it might just be that in getting at the fuse I jiggle the horn wire on the board in the headlight and it just co-incides that I've cleaned the fuse. Either way it's fixed now though, so I've been beeping at other motorists at every possible opportunity just because I can.

The 2nd issue is slightly more thorny though, as I've two starting points as to what it might be caused by (yes the bulb has been looked at/swapped with another and isn't blown so just two) - looking at the under tank starter relay I noticed that the thinner of the two red wires (1 thick, 1 thin) attached to the centre slot of the relay mounting block had become independent i.e. it had broken from it's connector and was trying to make a run for it. This took a while to sort, not because it's a big issue, but because firstly the right sized allen key to detach the mounting block to give access wasn't in my police-tank-top-box-everything-I-need-thing, and then because the connector was a bit knackered and needed to be gently persuaded out of the mounting block, and thence to open to accept the errant wire rather than just snapping - being gentle isn't one of my strong areas. You know what I mean ladies? Eh? Eh?* To cap it I dropped the tank retaining plastic screw on things and had to feel trhu the grass until I found them.

Having got this sorted it didn't solve the no main beam issue so I'm unfortunately going to have to resort to sorting out the couple of wires in the headlight shell that have been subject to melted insulation. Not a big task in itself as I'm just going to hack each end & run a replacement wire along the outside of the harness, thus bypassing the damaged wires. I know when the melt occurred, it was at the end of the first installation run after replacing the engine last time. As I returned from checking the engine ran fine it was just getting to half light & my lights were on. As I turned sharp left at walking pace to get onto my parking spot the headlight blipped out. 'Oh' I thought, 'what's going on there' and turned the bars full left again to see, one small electrical fire later I had a clue... I've checked various lines for continuity and tried a 2nd light relay so the problem has been narrowed down slightly. I've got an afternoon of form filling ahead of me but I'll get to the job later & see what happens.

Toodle pip!?!

* it's not easy to get that 'ironic '70s comedy reference used in a post post modern way' across on the internet is it?

planktonnn screwed with this post 06-30-2010 at 08:49 AM
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #747
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Huh?

"....needed to be gently persuaded out of the mounting block,"

You've got a mounting block?!...I've never had a mounting block, but I've had many a relay bollox-problem..here's what I do: take off all the lights, and hard-wire in the horn directly off the battery, through the push-button. Yes, I'm aware that this may run counter to accepted airhead practice, but I tend not to have lighting and horn issues and, fortunately, no fires or sizzling thus far... also, in this modern age with nutter cage-drivers, riding without lights enhances that old 'dicing with death' sensation so beloved of real men and their motorcycles....quite frankly, I'm surprised that you of all people don't follow this sage advice. Also, I take note of your reference to the fact that I had not included 'madmen' in my list of human detritus in a posting somewhere above....sorry about that, but I just take it for granted that nutjobs automatically make the grade; I'll adjust my attitude in future. On a more balanced note, and even though I've suggested it before, are you entirely satisfied that your dip/main switch on the handlebar is not forked? If all else fails, bring the bike over here, and we'll get it MOT'd at Mad Dave's....given One-Eyed Dave's bad practice vis-a-vis faulty tyre valves, I'm surprised you're still dealing with the sloppy fuckwit. If I wasn't mood-altered, I'd run the fucker over in my little red van.....

Anyway...how's the writing coming along? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to read some more of your ouevre. While we're waiting, here's a couple more frames of Maudlin Bridge....

Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #748
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

So.....

.....Lizards, ok? What's their main failing? Cold-bloodedness, that what....here's how the secret-weapon works: what you do is, you entice one of the lizard-types to take a ride on the bike (having covered up the ray gun with a cloth, obviously), and then, while they're pootling along unawares, you ride up behind them on your spare airhead, then leap off onto the trailer and zap them with the kelvin (absolute zero) ray, freezing the bastards solid so they crash the bike and shatter themselves into a million little pieces, thus making a contribution to world-peace and harmony.....naturally, this has to be repeated a few thousand times, but I haven't heard of any other bright ideas to deal with the fuckers. It should work ok, but I'm just having a bit of a problem getting that massive ray gun out of my shed, as it's a bit large on one hand, and on the other hand, it's still in cartoon form, but the concept's sound......

Old 06-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #749
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn
Danlyboydustly?, calling Danlyboydustly, can you hear me? Astral may be interested in some Reliant parts from your near neighbour & I don't currently have your email or phone. If you've still got my eddress drop me a line & contact between them can be arranged while we perhaps point & giggle at their strange 3 wheeled 'cars'... My phone numbers have all changed so message me if you can? Ta.
In the first instance Asstral may be looking for a heater matrix & box? Give me a shout if poss.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #750
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
You've fucked my little red van
Well no, I just hung onto the front of it? I have entirely honourable intentions toward Margaret (as I prefer to call her), I just want to car surf her until she can't walk, which she already can't as she is a little red van and therefore the whole thing is simultaneously theoretical/moot and already achieved. Now that's the kind of target I want, something that can't be done but for which the outcome is already achieved & in place. You know what I mean ladies? Eh? Eh?* Well perhaps not.

Perhaps when I say 'mounting bock' I mean 'pastic bit on the harness what it pugs into, that's attached to the frame with a screw thru its top fange'. But see how many more etters that invoves? It seems ike a waste when we're facing such global shortage of etters. I've run out of L's aready.

I fully & without reservation respect your views on and investigations into the mainly lightless bike, but however but I KNOW that you fitted a brake light!?! Also, you have one of those (for me) half useful daylight MOTs what requireth that thou doest not ride ye motorbicycle in what we refer to here in the fair county of Fuckingemshire as 'Not Bright'. As it says in our magic book (which is of course truer than any other religions magic books), we have 'Bright', which is when the magic glowing orb of the mystical, little understood and long searched for '100 million and 1 Candle Power Torch of Arthur' traverses the sky during the 'day' as our deity Arthur (pies be upon him) searches his 'Cosmic Cupboard of Crap' for a 'Thing He Needs'; and then we have 'Not Bright', when Arthur (Ben Spies be in front of him) has either found or is looking elsewhere for the 'Thing He Needs'** When it comes to the structure of time & space the above is clearly & demonstrably true, but look at the kind of rubbish some people believe:

I have continuity from the switch end connections to the tails connected to the hd/light shell connection board. The switch is active & functional. I've other continuities which will take longer than a slice of pizza & a ciggie to remember let alone mention. It'll get sorted. The other thing it's doing is that if I remove the key with lights on & engine running it doesn't stop. DBD had the same symptom going on I recall? I'm sure someone could find me a directly relevant thread on this issue if they really loved me.

Your delightful Maudlin Bridge ray gun will provide the last link in the revolutionary chain - a long sought infallable means of distinguishing the reptiles from the not reptiles: if the rider remarks 'Ooh, it's a bit chilly bbbrrrr' then they're not, if they shatter like in the movies & whatnot then they must be. This may turn the tide in our imaginary war with the imaginary foe, my imaginary comrade.

Am scribbling shit, excerpts as and when. I'm more occupied completing the extension to the shedquarters***, being used as a pleasure toy & fixing the heating matrix for a Robin Reliant/Rialto or whatever it actually is... And filling out housing forms & other such overstimulating tasks...
etc.

* it's REALLY not easy to get that 'ironic '70s comedy reference used in a post post modern way' across on the internet is it? No, it's not.
** Arthur Forbid that He might one day rennovate an infinitely scaled loose bearing head race, for our Earth is but a rusty ballbearing in the greater scheme of things. If he ever decides to clear out the 'Great Shed-iverse' within which the Cosmic Cupboard nestles - we'd be fucked!?!?!?
*** nearly done, though I'm not convinced I'd pass a woodwork exam with it.

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-01-2010 at 07:07 AM Reason: Speeling