ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.55%
Nasty? 28 13.08%
Nasty but nice? 157 73.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #796
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
Head now works as had sleep and can upload pics properly

The straight scrap is rocker cover and the nice curved one is handle bar/ head light/ tank stuff
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #797
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

I'm willing to go up to £12.75, but only if he changes the number on the headlight shell & tail by removing the two so the number reads the same if the bike upside down.

I wonder how long the piss taking will go on for?????
I never knew that I'd have that much fun riding it round the track.
I hope the TR3OC hold there meet at Cadwell next year so I can fall off there too
Old 07-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #798
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Tent up
Photobucket

Tent Broken
Photobucket

Beer tent
Photobucket

Dermot's Gazzebo
Photobucket

Dermot in action on the track
Photobucket
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #799
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Tyres

Dan

4.00X18 avon road rider £65.62
3.25X19 avon road rider £56.91

Plus vat

My verdict........ Bloody sticky

Rocker covers not so sticky
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #800
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly
Rocker covers not so sticky
I told you, fit skateboard wheels on the rocker covers, always works for me... Tyre wise it seems I'll be testing the cheap end of the available new options, i.e. £14.99, or a 2nd hand set of better tyres. Now if only I could find someone who has some tyres, but they're really not going to see much use in the coming period, a kindly person who wished to donate a pair of road riders to a worthy cause. Hmmmm...
Old 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #801
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Dermot in action on the track
Yes, I'm told he's fast down the straights on that thing, but pootles round the corners... It all looks vaguely like bestaility too?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #802
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Had the spanners out today and only need the poxy metal bit that the front fender bolts to and i'm going to make a new number plate holder at work tomorrow.
The few other bits and bobs can wait till I can be bothered
Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #803
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
Came across this pic of a 9 cylinder BMW radial aero engine....imagine what it'd do if it was mounted in the back wheel of a penny-farthing, or even in an enormous unicycle, eh? EH??
Er... like this?
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #804
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Bluddy SEAT drivers

Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #805
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZAn2...eature=related

1:54 into the vid is the corner. Great track
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #806
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Wicked Thought for the day...

“Lo, it came to pass that once, a long time ago (yesterday), in a multiiverse far far away, back into the time of His (praise Him with praise of Him) living in this humble but luckily acquired domicile, there was amongst the generally pleasant throng thereabouts a twatty neighbour. And verily, the twat in question didst exceed many & all others in his twattyness most muchly by a consideraby large and not inconsiderable degree of that thing which was/is/will forever after be twatty. Oh yes, indeed, by far did the twatty one exceedeth those that were them which were those who were like-otherwise twatty before him. And never since has ever been there another to equal him or reach twattyness more further up than comparable to go above them there to the pinnacle of said twatty neighbour. Lo, such was the given twattyness of his twattyness and no mistake (also, no refunds)” The Book of Solvation - Ch 13/Verses 26 – 30

So reads the only remaining scrap of the fabled ‘Parable of the Twatty Neighbour’ believed by many scholars to be the only contemporaneous account of the twat in question what was writted while He (let Him protect us from inadvertent cannibalism) still lived. Later renderings of the parable must of course be viewed through the filter of the time elapsed since the source events, & general religious reinterpretation to suit the overly religious in their reinterpretation. However the extract quoted above was discovered wrapped around a brick & caked in blood in what the Executive Excavating Expert (Bill, Cousin of Phil from Time Team) believes may have been His (may we thank Him for balti mix & assorted Asian style snacks) actual home, or perhaps that of a near neighbour, who legend has it was and may well have been the actual twat referred to in the text. Many historians have theorised as to the specific nature of the acts of the twatty one therein referred to as the twatty one, and the more complete but perhaps less accurate later accounts written some centuries after His (praise be upon Him for teabags) death offer a variety of viewpoints as to the particular nature of the twattyness therein referred to, however the lens of time may mean the original events were often reinterpreted by the later writter so as to be tinged by the prevailing moral codes of the time of writtening.

The current general scholastic opinion though seems to focus around an interpretation that has one of His (may we thank Him for ice-cream) neighbours complaining about a ‘far way too much noisy loud’ motorcycle being parked in the adjacent car park late at night (always at 3.22am it seems) while making a large & lot of hooliganismisticalist noise. It’s often said that such an interpretation is supported by supporting cross references that support such an interpretation such as that said in the what is perhaps the most important work in the whole cannon – the ‘Book of Excuses’

(Ch. 7 Verse 96): “Being a considerate & ruggedly handsome type like the good looking one from ye ‘Supernatural’ TV series, our Lord (cash be upon him) didst verily & with great constancy maketh an unvarying habit of off-cutting His (just prasie be, alright?) rolling tumult device of unholy union of the motor & the cycle, thus silencing ye noise production core by means of ‘Ye Holy Kill Switch’ on entering the ‘Divine park of the vehicular stopping’ where, it seems He (may peace be diagonal from Him, and slightly lower, but just a bit) would coast therein to a parking bay within which He (oh praise Him for Jaffa Cakes) would thence park, lock-up & retire mumbling to the fabled ink stained bed of his 'rest'.”

Further references elsewhere have seemed, to some experts in the venerable field of 'Studies of Him', to infer complaints to reception staff by the Twatty Twat about the imagined noise & then to ye disproportionate act of calling Ye Environ/Mental Health Department, & trying to involve PC Gonemad & Sergeant Liar, but most probably subsequently later moving on to complaining about other things entirely unrelated, because he was Twatty.

His exact actions are not known, though there is some reference to His long lost 'Clever Letter to the Management' and Ch7 Verse 107 reads "And the Lord (let lard be with him) didst speak thusly 'That twat'd better bluddy move onto a twatting softer target, bluddy Twat'..."

Here endeth the lesson. There will be a test.
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-22-2010 at 06:53 PM Reason: to make it better...
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #807
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
...only need the poxy metal bit that the front fender bolts to...
Unfortunately I don't have one kicking about, as you're aware I've got a complete K series front end fitted to my airhead DMW. Unfortunately I sold the entire standard front end that came with the donor bike.

planktonnn screwed with this post 07-21-2010 at 06:12 PM Reason: spacing, we can't have wrong spacing, some twat'll complain...
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #808
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh

Another of Pjcr12s sidecar projects, this one was apparently aiming to be commissioned by the navy during the cod wars and was supposed to make him the fabled fortune which would last a lifetime. I'm not sure how successful it was, but without being too unkind let's just say it never seemed to have got past the prototyping stage...
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #809
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Puke 2nd vid not for the squeeeeemish

Quote:
I hope the TR3OC hold there meet at Cadwell next year so I can fall off there too
Just dont do it at the last corner/come curve if you're at Cadwell next year, there's virtually no run off before you're into armco... as amply demonstrated from around 20 seconds in. I don't reall the final outcome but trackside assessment seemed to be a leg break?

Also, I don't think you should fling it up The Mountain if next years is at Cadwell, I think we can agree that this definitely is a leg breaker, no? Not for the weak of constitution...

My understanding is that y'all ended up at Anglesey due to all the other circuits picking up the excess bookings load caused by the vandalism of Donington Park? Great chunks of the track still lay dug up as shown below - Never one of my favourite UK tracks anyway...
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #810
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Cool2 Uh Oh,