ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.12%
Nasty? 30 13.57%
Nasty but nice? 162 73.30%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #76
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
I didn't even know he had any mono bits..he kept that a bit quiet, didn't he? I must remember to ask him about that.
Ah, there you go, I knew that was going too well. I have a ribbed bevel, but, being a clod, I forgot the bike we're playing with was a mono. Even though it's in front of me. Please swap the mono rear end to twinshock to fit the bevel I have, and be quick about it.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #77
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I do like a nice K bike. I'd fancy ratting late 1100 or a K1200 once they reach the range of my pocket money.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #78
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

DanlydanDanly - have you got any appropriately resized pics of where yours is at right now?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #79
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 442
have you got any appropriately resized pics of where yours is at right now?

Well I could show you all a over large pic of my shed as that is where mine is currently hiding but I'll just post some pic's of the bike instead.

Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #80
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Mmmmmmm, a clean but not excessively shiny wheel...

Getting there Planktonnn.
See cleaning isn't all bad
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #81
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly
Well I could show you all a over large pic
Yes, yes you could...

But my my, how you've changed
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #82
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn
Ah, there you go, I knew that was going too well. I have a ribbed bevel, but, being a clod, I forgot the bike we're playing with was a mono. Even though it's in front of me. Please swap the mono rear end to twinshock to fit the bevel I have, and be quick about it.
Thank fork for that! I usually try and maintain a good idea of your parts stock (for theft purposes) and was surprised you had a mono bevel lying around...obviously you're losing track of what you have and what goes where; I'm almost totally confused as to how many bikes are being worked on, how many engine blocks, various top-ends, fork types etc etc etc...

Anyway...back to the bevel! I had to turn my shed upside down today to find my 12mm, 12 point Draper Hi-Impact socket to undo the spliney-nuts that secure said bevel to the swinging arm...prior to finding it, I very nearly considered buying one of Motorworks excessively priced (25!!) special tools...thank fuck I don't have to give the bast***s any more money at the moment, apart from obviously the new output seal + carriage grrr...

The thing about the Draper socket...it's skinny enough to fit on the nuts without fouling on the swinging arm and, being a sexy little 3/8ths drive if used in addition to a 6" extension bar (so it extends back past the swinging arm curve point) does the job just great. I love it when a good quality 5.00 tool gets you around the 25.00 'special' BMW tool...having said that, if I ever had a chance of getting hold of the complete set of airhead special tools at the right price, I would. I'd rebuild bevels, make a fortune and retire to the south of France, yeah!

Anyway, back to the shed......

ps..the thought did cross my mind re twinshocking the mono...! Whilst well within the bounds of reason when working on our own bikes, for this particular R80RT (the STD1) preserving the sanctity (and resale value) of the bike forbids such banditry and sharp practice. Honest.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 09-03-2009 at 08:57 AM
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #83
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Eek Have I contracted Shine Flu?

I have polished the inside of a timing/front cover. I don't feel good about it, but we all make mistakes. More in truth than self justification I would prefer to describe it as removing corrosion & de-greezing to an ‘it doesn’t look shit’ based ‘standard’. I have a doctors certificate disbarring me from buffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
... I'm almost totally confused as to how many bikes are being worked on, how many engine blocks, various top-ends, fork types etc x 3...
At least we know there are two engines to be built up. I've been looking for one a two sided chess style clock pair. We could prep the two engines that will be on the benches and race to get them completed. Sit & plan a job, hit the clock & complete it while I sit & ponder, when I've finished I hit the clock** & off you go rpt. Of course the completed unit actually working would be the real arbiter of success, and to that end we might devise a penalty per oil leak or some such. Like the trials system but mechanical failures rather that dabs.

Our Jake is sort of in the area in the morning and so has offered deliver my new block, and who was I to disappoint the South Coast Boxers boy, so beddie byes as I would prefer to hear the doorbell...

Kind regards,

Bob N. Furappls

* I hereby pledge to hide your spares/gaskets and not tell you where I put your components in the shed
** With all the venom of Kasparov or some other chess bloke as he’s the only one I can think of anyway.

PS. Please do feel entirelyfree to whisk us (me) away from this pitiful circumstance and install us in your fully furbished workshop (at least our sheds joined together*), sign us on an embarrassingly embarrassing retainer of the large variety, which is not dependent to the quality of work we produce or whether it sells, provide assistants who are not vegetable based life forms, and finally, be so good as to organise tasteful production of our mostly devised unreality TV fly (splatted) on the headlight cable series ‘Kuntz** across the Road’, where in we do all the things we normally do but the shit bits are f-fwd thru. I can see it working, and so could you if you sat there for a day The above is a finely homed business plan, please don't laugh.

*Or buy him the house behind mine & we can have an ‘adjoining rooms’ arrangement where the sheds meet at the end of the gardens. Obviously I’d prefer a workshop etc. in Hollywood, but the conjoined shed thing would do for a start.***
** My name isn't Kuntz, but I would change to it for an appropriately large renumeration.
*** There are no footnotes to go with this footnote, sorry.

I think Dangnabbit-Boy-bikelys bike would benefit from this fairing?
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 09-03-2009 at 10:00 PM
planktonnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #84
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

I think Dangnabbit-Boy-bikelys bike would benefit from this fairing?

Nice but i dont think it would fit through my shed door
Old 09-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #85
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Thumb The Patron Saint of Abused Boxers?

While the frame of The Std 1 has gone off to be cleaned & coated by the wonderful & ever busy Igor, I've been engaged in a little remedial engine replacement stuff. Saint Jake of South Coast Boxers* has once again come to the rescue of mechanically unsympathetic me, and an '83 block is waiting to go in. He dellivered it right to my door, which was above & beyond. So I spent the rest of the day scrubbing it in a sort of wire wool based 'laying on of hands', and it's mostly ready to go into my poor battered daily ride.

But the big question is where the fuck is my rotor extraction bolt... did I lend it to one of you bastiches?

And now I have run out of personality.

* http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/south-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #86
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

And also

Echo... echo... echo... echo...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #87
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Waiting for the transplant...
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #88
datchew
Don't buy from Brad

Oddometer: 7,409
i just realized that even though I keep tuning into this thread to enjoy the colourful (proper English, that) writing... I really have no idea what's going on.

Several bikes, some sheds, and I'm not sure if this is a rebuild, a demolition, or all 4.

datchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #89
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
I'm still trying to think of a clever airhead title but I can't keep up with the plot.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #90
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchew
i just realized that even though I keep tuning into this thread to enjoy the colourful (proper English, that) writing... I really have no idea what's going on.

Several bikes, some sheds, and I'm not sure if this is a rebuild, a demolition, or all 4.

+1 !!

I keep waiting for the guy knocking the two coconuts together.

The shed and it's limitless storage capacity reminded me of this.

tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote