ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #931
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
If someone tells I called you an ugly fucker you know I mean it really....
I'll PM you or something.

Obviously the fellow in the middle is saying "Caption Competitions, ok? Here's a pic of 3 guys and an airhead...the best caption submitted to the Martha Farquar Cartoon Dept wins a prize!"
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #932
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Dear enquirer,
  1. The vid is hosted elsewhere i.e. youtube (or in my own case via Myspaz hosting) and then you hit the embed button (it'll be there somewhere labelled something) to generate and usually hi-lite an embedding code on that source page, which you may then copy & paste it into your ADV post.
  2. Am not sure if 'insert image' button (mountains icon) allows gif file types, 'attach image' cetainly doesn't. If 'insert image' does allow *.gif files then they'll again need to be hosted elsewhere (ones own site?, or a non public stub off it?, or via a blogspot type thing or some other hosting?) Then you may or may not get gif play-back within ADV? Depending on if it allows it, which I can't verify due to extreme lazyness & a lack of hosted gifs of my own.
That would do for you, the only thing to add might be that should 'insert image' not allow gifs, you could render and use youtube (etc.) posting fomats, route views via youtube, but embedded within the adv page so if I go to a random vid & copy the embed code & paste it below there ought to be a video there
Or not? gifs ought to do the same, or not...

planktonnn screwed with this post 09-08-2010 at 02:26 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #933
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
test

well that didn't bloody work................
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #934
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Neither did that.....
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #935
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmmm..........http://serge-le-blanc.blogspot.com/2010/09/vroom.html

"....and then you hit the embed button (it'll be there somewhere labelled something)* to generate and usually hi-lite an embedding code** on that source page***, which you may then copy & paste it into your ADV post.****

* no it's not
** do what?
*** who says?
**** (sigh)

Fuck this....I'm obviously an old dog that can't learn new tricks. I've always hated computers, and when I get to be king of the world, you know what I'm going to do? Yes, that's right, I'm going to ban the fuckers and make everyone write letters to each other with quills on parchment. No pics either, you'l have to carve them in wood or stone.....fuck 'embedding', and double-fuck 'source code'. I was in such a good mood today as well...

pjcr12 screwed with this post 09-08-2010 at 06:06 AM
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #936
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Ah.....I see what I was doing wrong. Why did no-one say you have to do the following:

a) post vid on fucktube
b) ignore groogle entirely
c) become slightly inebriated
d) copy 'embed' mindwank
e) re-read planktonnn's instructions many times
f) paste into post on ADV

If I'd known it was such a straightforward procedure, I would just have shot myself
thereby saving all the bother. However, now I've done it, I feel like I did when I
learnt how to ride a bicycle.....fucking empowered. Ace. If you thought this thread was
a bit weird, you ain't seen nothin' yet......obviously, this particular vid is merely a piece
of self-indulgent, head-up-my-arse wank, but as that is the basis of all Martha Farquar
output, I'm right on the button. Therefore, I shall be spending a bit of time creating an
unending stream of filmic shit to grace these postings. You have been warned.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 09-08-2010 at 03:01 PM
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #937
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
By George I think you've got it Claude...
Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #938
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Hmmm...#654231

Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #939
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Wollyhood...here I come

Fucking excellent, I've learnt something new today; and as always, it's down to the old Martha Farquar team spirit. Thank fuck for the MarFarVibe...now, if I can only work out how to exclude all the LubeTube 'additions' at the bottom of the vid I'll be happy....anyway, guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? That's right, making some proper vids....I feel an artistic ( and sensitive) interpretation of the airhead experience is long overdue within the ADV milieu.
I'll have to be quick, because the government's on my case....I may even be forced to sell my airhead. Boo hoo....anyway, here's a pic of a close up of an
R80 engine.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 06:01 AM
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #940
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,489
Quote:
well that didn't bloody work................
... ...

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #941
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,344
Quote:
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #942
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700
... ...
... ...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #943
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Question 'The Society of Wouldsmen' quarterly newsletter issue 96

NB. No tent yet...

'Now all was well within the limits of my car park in the woods, and sunken in my refuge from actuality I cared nothing for everything anywhere beyond. I slipped across into a sheltered slumber sometime around utter darkness, that being whatever time that it was when the sleeping pills kicked in long after I dryly sucked on them, having run out of water. Tomorrow I must make sure I got more water.

Some considerable time later I was woken by the lightest of tip-tapping, just as the opening salvo of the coming rains began to hit the tail end of my overly porous nylon cheaply acquired but for the most part functionary cocoon. Despite teething troubles everything was going quite well and circumstance was ok, at least better than being on an acute psych ward, which had of course been the other option. This initial trickle of sky-piss had been enough to lift me from the stream of my dream and I bemusedly prepared to initiate ‘Operation Not Soaked’. I can’t say I’d planned it sufficiently well but things started out ok as I’d just spared myself the grossly inconvenient indignity of becoming sodden straight off the bat, but from there on in arrangements predominantly consisted of me being stood up, leaning against the base of the magnificent tree, sleeping bag worn wrong-way-down over my head just like an ankle length hat. I let the weighty sleep meds lower my threshold of ‘BLOODY HELL’ to the point where I dozed off a couple of hours at a time. Yes, I have conducted scientific tests and it is in reality possible to slumber solidly when saturated while slumped on a tree in standing somnambulism, I proved it, though I might suggest there comes a point where being beside the tree as it conduits & funnels accumulated water towards its heart doesn’t work so well no? Each swaying branch or shaken leaf was aiming its moist cargo unswervingly in the direction of my shivering en-sleeved semi-self, but I just stood there and took it. Maybe you should try it if you’ve not already? To model all this in a convenient manner switch off the lights in your shower room, stand leaning against a tree analogue, or just put a bit of tree in your shower if you’re really dedicated. Wear a cheap sleeping bag bottom-end-on-top and have the shower turned to the coldest cold. Now switch on a couple of cold fans & make an effort to synthesize the overwhelming, nay - all encompassing sensation of your entire life having collapsed, and then get to sleep for two hours at a time. Granted any discovery has to be replicable to find its place in the pantheon of scientific opinion, but given the right physical, pharmacological and mental conditions you could do it. I did. Let me know how you get on.

As a relevant aside: While we’re trying out other peoples experiences (yes we were) might I humbly suggest that trainee psych nurses be made to ‘mystery shop’ a ward in the guise of a patient as part of their training. It would not be too hard as they are all mad too. They’d only do a couple of days, and I can’t imagine it would do anything but illuminate their profession to them & feed into their future practice. Might I suggest the same in the education of judges, police, prison warders etc. ad inf., which ever their relevant placement might be to each of their future functions. Can’t hurt the self-confirming arrogant born-in-a-bubble-bastards can it?

I was now completely and utterly soaked. The hospital had me on pretty weighty sleep meds, and that was what I was discharged with, and they were certainly able to keep me well & truly out until I’d become irreparably drenched in a wood in the middle of the night, now slumped at the base of the tree that was supposed to be helping me. I don’t think it said anything about that in the accompanying leaflet, but I couldn’t have told you because I’d burnt it already, it gave off blue-green flames in a vain attempt to start my fire, which had long ago died out. Personally, I’m disappointed it took me far too long to grasp that it was drier out away from the tree than under. Now I’ve little doubt that in the right circles this is a well known thing. Well I didn’t know.'

+
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 03:52 PM Reason: contextual note addition
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #944
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,289
I see "The Saint" and I had the same bike, same colour. I look exactly like him on my bike...save for being shorter, fatter, and of course, I don't have any hot birds clinging on my bike or me......other than that, I look exactly like him.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #945
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Give me a T