ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.12%
Nasty? 30 13.57%
Nasty but nice? 162 73.30%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #91
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,920
Thumb Previously, on 'Insert clever airhead based title here .... '

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchew
i just realized that even though I keep tuning into this thread to enjoy the colourful (proper English, that) writing... I really have no idea what's going on. Several bikes, some sheds, and I'm not sure if this is a rebuild, a demolition, or all 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper ST4
I'm still trying to think of a clever airhead title but I can't keep up with the plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot
+1 !! I keep waiting for the guy knocking the two coconuts together.
Well, I could quite understand how the whirlwind of disrelated catastrophic & calamatous something something & something else. Yeah, I can totally see that.

We started by attempting the simple task of taking a step forward, broadly speaking so that we might persuade ourselves out of a very keen & unkindly awareness of international & historical events, their roots, extrapolated potential/probable outcomes, & the beneficiaries thereof (NOT US). So, we seek to step forward by buying a tatty but sound airhead, untattify it, sell it = win. During this excercise in 'self improvement' we could rest awhile at 'd'Oily Palms Retirement Home for the Mechanically Inept' and contemplate whether a K75 clutch set is compatible with the flywheel of a late airhead*, or how to free a stuck engine mount, or stuck piston etc., instead of being preoccupied with shenanigans @ Laurel Canyon, Jim Morrisons father & assorted associates, and 'The "Red House" meeting' of 1944, + all the other entirely visible shit currently being pulled etc.

This bike is The Standard 1, because it will be pretty much standard when held against previous productions, and it's progressing pretty well, though saying that will of course fuck it up royally, as it always does. The engine is being cleaned & built back up as in post #71. and we should have a renovated rolling chassis in 3 - 4 days?

In the very process of taking this step forward, I myself took two steps back, which was unfortunate as I had started off with my heels backing onto a precipice. Second step back - cue me, as Wylie Cyote, falling endlessly to the distant weeeeeeeeee-poof of dust that was my DMW big end failing on the ride back** from buying The Std 1. This has distracted me from The Std 1, and the irony was not lost on me. This crunched lump is being replaced with another, which arrived today as shown in post #85, that will go in tomorrow. Or not.

And all the time my ratty K75 sits on the back burner, as it's futher from being on the road than the airhead, & the K budget is going into the broken airhead, and there isn't enough time, and... I'm enjoying it all though. In fact I need to steal the clutch set off the K to see if it fits a late R flywheel?

In my life I try to make things better, however they just get worse, and this is why I want/need/deserve a lobotomy. No really. ... So,the unfortunate outcome is that I've intermingled the refurb of The Std 1 with the repair of the DMW, and I've done this to y'all because life has done it to me. It would perhaps have been better to initiate another thread, but it's all happening together, and I only have a very small brain so can't do 2 threads at once. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience, its certainly fucked me up

I'm just hoping that all this life we think we lead is just a 25th century bio-virtual-holo game named 'Shit Life'... Created because Future Life will be so completely perfect & utterly safe that coming way back to 'The Dim Ages'***, as now will be called then, will offer much needed jeopardy & entertainment.

And finally in tonights news, as I was recently told by the Dutch techno-fetish 'singer' Bengt Schpoon - 'Hey brudder man. You's neffer too old to ROCK!?!

Yours,

Robin Maddick Esq.

* Is it? I have a new K clutch set, and a light flywheel DMW block. The old block is heavy flywheel & corresponding clutch so won't swap over? Hmmmm. Time for the age old ritual of ceremony of the 'offering up'.
** Being followed (way) behind by the The Std 1 & another donor bike + more in a teeny weeny model van with a suitably sensible driver, who also does a spiffing front end/loom strip out and likes to red lead a frame. Any 'profit' on this bike may in fact simply replace the suspension of said van
*** Not as dark as the Dark Ages, not as illuminated as the Enlightenment.

PS. My shed has a new hardcore 'driveway'.
PPS. Too tired to proof read, and I suspect the left side of my keyboard has been subjct to a 'child based cola calamity' that seems to have been kept very quiet from dear Papa.
PPPS. Regarding the coconuts, at this very moment extensive tests are being prepared in the 'Palm Nut Interface Research Facility' (my shed). We're just waiting for the swallows to arrive and we can get started...

planktonnn screwed with this post 09-05-2009 at 05:12 PM Reason: I got blisters on my FINGERS!?!
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:05 AM   #92
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Ah, but old school is all about harkening back to the Dim Ages. When men built sturdy dim machines and were damn proud of them. Perhaps it's a yearning to go back to the day when a man's shed was his castle instead of state property.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #93
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Martha Farquar Motorcycles - A brief explanation

As stated earlier (?) Martha Farquar Motorcycles consists of a tall man (pjcr12), and a man who is not as tall (planktonnn). They operate in 2 sheds, twenty two miles apart....here are a couple of pics of these sheds.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 06:57 AM
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #94
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

And mine....

You'll notice my shed is an altogether much more tidy and serene environment

Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #95
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

This is plantonnn's No 1 bike....

This fine machine is the one which blew a big end on the way back from picking up the R80RT from Esssex....

Old 09-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #96
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

This is waiting patiently...planktonnn project #243

There's a lot of airhead activity going on around this K, but it doesn't seem to mind too much. That's what I like about BMW's, they're all so polite and well-mannered...don't you think?

Old 09-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #97
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

And I'm still working on this....

This, when finished, will, in my opinion, be the best fucking motorcycle in the whole wide fucking world....unfortunately my work rate doesn't match my emphatic beliefs. You've no idea how much that personality flaw has stymied my march to greatness.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #98
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

One I made earlier...

Here's one that I really liked....sold it and regretted it.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #99
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

But of course...The Inaugural Joint Project!!

Despite the on-going of our individual build/repair bikes....there is of course the resurrection of the R80RT back to a thing of beauty and a source of cash. Yeah....with my share, I'm going to do what rich guys do, and stuff.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #100
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Clean (and not too shiny)

Here's a nice example of planktonnn's engine-cleaning..you'll notice that, while it's clean, it's not too shiny. We've talked about this, and we're of the same mind with regards to this controversial subject.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #101
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

They're cheaper when they're filthy..

This is planktonnn's replacement block for his airhead, but if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all as far as I'm concerned...nice rods 'n' crank, and strapped down just prior to getting a good clean, without going too far into what might be termed polishing territory....

Old 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #102
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Meanwhile...back on the job

Over at the Imperial Headquarters (my shed) I am swingarm 'n' bevel fixing, and frame fettling...the bike's arse area needed a good grinding, smoothing off and slapping on of red lead. So, here's a detailed pictorial survey of how things progressed....

Old 09-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #103
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12
Here's a nice example of planktonnn's engine-cleaning..you'll notice that, while it's clean, it's not too shiny. We've talked about this, and we're of the same mind with regards to this controversial subject.
I'm with you on that. I bead blasted my covers and that leaves them nice as is and they match the block after a little oxidation. Or I may chrome the whole works some day.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #104
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

For your information...

Here's a pic of 2 things: the first is a side-view of planktonnn's broke beemer. The second is, if you look hard, you will notice that planktonnn has refurbished the muddy ground outside his shed with a six-bag load of mixed gravel...he'll be applying a concrete mix later. What I like about planktonnn is; when he say's he's going to do something, he fucking does it.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #105
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

One day....

One day, I'm going to build a whole airhead from this 3-ribbed hub...but, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm waiting for a swb R65 rear subframe to go on my airhead (the lovely black single-seater with the pinstriped /5 tank) which will give a very nice stubby little rear end. Yeah.

Planktonnn's not posted anything recently...he's probably out in his shed working on his own bike instead of starting work on the fairing and tank from the std1.....I know, I'll give him a shout. HEY PLANKTONNN............!

Typical, he's pretending not to hear me...