ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.62%
Nasty? 28 13.15%
Nasty but nice? 156 73.24%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #1441
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchew View Post
I had marmite on my english muffin this morning.
Fantastic.

They were round muffins, not oval. Still fantastic though.

Aren't you guys supposed to be fixing something?

So....marmite on an english muffin, eh? The less said about that, the better. What I'm particulary concerned about, datchew, is your new points-based little pic....I trust it's airhead-based?

As to your observation re the Martha Farquar organisation's fixing-stuff ongoingness....the western end of the partnership is currently in abeyance, waiting upon necessary funds to be able to get something to fix.....the eastern end of the partnership has stock in hand (the STD1, the DMW and the Memw) but is, if memory serves, somewhat embarrassed for cash also.
Life is a bitch...however, things can only get better. They can't get much worse, and that's a fact.
Attached Images

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #1442
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchew View Post
Now, what is "Er..."?
Well, that, as I'm sure you'll recognise, is the catch all phrase for both 'all the other things I will think of & add to the list as I progress' & 'the knackered shit I've not discovered yet but probably will when I take that panel off'. This is now the official nomenclature for such matters, please do keep up
Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #1443
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post

Those pomplamoose people....nice track, in a gently/weird kind of way. But obviously on herbs of some kind....
That, and I reckon she'll bin him soon...

The Sheene/Hunt vid was an interesting look at the sport BV, or Before Villeneuve as we in the colonies like to recall the era.

Admittedly, never paid much mind to GP bikes before '78 either. '78 being when Roberts went across to show them all how to ride properly and make it interesting.

But that's a whole other plot, isn't it?

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #1444
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
The Sheene/Hunt vid was an interesting look at the sport BV, or Before Villeneuve as we in the colonies like to recall the era.
Ahhhh, Gilles, my all time favourite - sublime & outrageous at the same moment. He really caught my imagination as the most 'heroic' of his period. I was sat at Woodcote for this one* in '81 -

But then of course there's this -

* Can't view them myself until my bandwidth comes back @ midnight so I'm posting them blind hoping they're the right ones? I think I switched autoplay off :-D
Old 01-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #1445
Lornce
Lost In Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post

They don't race cars like that anymore.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #1446
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
They don't race cars like that anymore.

Who said anything about a race??????????????

Its the worlds greatest car chase nowadays..........................

One leads and the rest follow
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #1447
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

How stupid does he feel

Probably lots
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1448
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Who said anything about a race?????????????? Its the worlds greatest car chase nowadays.......................... One leads and the rest follow
I'll give you a little inside tip, 'the old days' weren't really any better. That's what made someone like GV to stand out. But it's also little stories like this - At the height of the FISA-FOCA war the drivers arranged a strike:

"Things came to a head just before the beginning of the 1982 season. FISA had introduced a clause into the drivers' super licences, stipulating that they must drive for the team they were currently contracted to and no others. The Grand Prix Drivers' Association led by Didier Pironi and Niki Lauda organised a 'drivers' strike' at the 1982 South African Grand Prix in protest, with the majority of the drivers in support. After lengthy debates and negotiation between the GPDA, FISA and FOCA the dispute was settled in favour of the drivers, and the clause was dropped." Says Wikipedia.

In one of the Villeneuve biographies it describes how all the drivers were holed up in the ballroom of some hotel in a show of solidarity. As Pironi & Lauda somberly outlined each one of the demands to FISA officials with grave seriousness, mischievous little Gilles was at the piano playing the opening chords of Beethovens fifth at each demand... It's a little detail, but that sort of conduct tickles me
Old 01-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #1449
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
...planktonius...
Strickly speaking the latin naming protocols would make it Planktonianus, because it is gramatically correct and includes the word anus.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #1450
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Strickly speaking the latin naming protocols would make it Planktonianus, because it is gramatically correct and includes the word anus.
I'm a tad busy at the moment (crafting a 'statement of intent' for a midwife's job application, believe it or not) but obviously, there needs to be a response to this particular Romano-Nomenclative gift to satire. I shall return to it later today......
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #1451
Lornce
Lost In Place

Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #1452
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Well, Lornce you've evoked the secret guru of Martha Farquar there...Fred Dibnah, long may he rest in peace. As far as I'm concerned, the man only had one failing, that being he was a Lancastrian, but obviously I can't hold that against him. Not many people know, but apart from being a steeplejack and a steam enthusiast, he was an accomplished draughtsman...the world has a Fred-shaped hole that will never be filled......
Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #1453
Lornce
Lost In Place

Guy Martin posted that vid on Facebook. Bloody good find.

I like his style.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #1454
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Puke Ongoing memory download of jobs because I broke my Brane.

Some jobs to get DMW back on the road, some done after:
  • New rear tyre 2nd hand M/Works. 20? + fitting. WHR00001 m/works number. 110 Avon Roadrider? What size was DBDs rear tyre? Last 2nd hand tyre from them was superb value. Current rear tyre would pass but only just. May as well combine postage of tyre with other sundries here & swap it in now.
  • New oil filter/sort oil cooler feed problem (no heat in rad) SIA37575
  • Replace 2 or 3 burnt wires in the harness. WD40 everywhere. Find source of problem. Heatshrink some ends on unused clocks plug. Heatshrink u turn on charge warning light bypass.
  • Fix horn so it's no longer blowing fuses (!)
  • Can small baffles be inserted into exhaust end? (pre Supertrapps) - measure & source. Highway hawk? or something similar from somewhere? Fit braided bendy sections of flexible pipe (containing baffles?) after exhaust out (adaptors needed?) with Supertrapps on far end? (pj currently has flexi pipes?)
  • Clean inners of carbs.
  • New battery? Probably not, current seems ok. ELA59652
  • All Engine (check level), G'box & Shaft/Bevel oil was new, should be ok. Splines greezed recently.
  • Front drive shaft gaiter clip TRA30297 (cable tie does work on front but not rear).
  • Edging on plate 11mm.
  • Temperature dipstick swap back from STD1
  • Mount flyscreen properly, ally strap, brackets etc.
  • MOT/Tax/Insurance
  • Refresh speedo (battery/spare unit?) - bike type
  • Er...
Jobs for STD1
  • Battery? ELA59652 current one screwed. Battery strappage? Check what's there base wise? Use longer rubber straps FRA43562 if they fit bigger battery? or FRA52240 & FRA52342 & FRA56825, or not. Cable ties?
  • Dashboard volt meter replacement? Current one very jumpy. Does PJ have one? Will my other 1 work or fit?
  • Tighten steering head bearings v slightly.
  • Fork tops tightened slightly? & replace fluid. Oil leakage from top - O-rings? Bars off, big socket @ shedquaters. Book torque?
  • Choke return springs (current don't fully return chokes) FUA37370. Later 'cable/spring closing' rather than earlier 'wires push shut' type. Or shorten springs already in place without snapping them...
  • Rubber strips between fairing & Pockets FAA07190 Not a big issue but pockets are wet thru without. DIY store options cheaper. Briefly investigate.
  • Replace air screw in left carb (pointy end mangled) FUA35302 Causes carb imbalance & sooty plug on one side.
  • Side stand spring pivot plate (just 1.50!) - is it 1 or 2?, how are the springs? FRA10739 & FRA10721 - where was the previous discussion & pics in this thread? Do please find it for me dear minions of mine...
  • Top strip 'sidelight' bulb? LIA63576
  • Er...
And so it goes...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-22-2011 at 02:24 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #1455
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post