ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.36%
Nasty? 28 12.90%
Nasty but nice? 160 73.73%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #1471
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,756
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Your right.
Well, there you go, it seems my superpower is indeed guessing. I thought so...

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-24-2011 at 06:17 AM Reason: to make it slightly funnier or less funny depending on your view.
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #1472
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh What a delightful farce pt. 3

Will you still need me?
Will you still feed me?
When I'm 64,174 thread views old.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1473
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Hey planktonnn! Where'd you get that picture of my old man? That was him on a good day.....
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #1474
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Hey planktonnn! Where'd you get that picture of my old man? That was him on a good day.....
Oh dear, this is kinda awkward, it's actually a picture of you dear fellow, taken when you were high on clear coat fumes when we painted STD1.

Don't shoot the messenger eh?

The attached below is a pic of what I think you'll agree was a pivotal moment in your childhood, when, apparently, you'd just been told you couldn't have that Harley from the Clekkheaton dealership...
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #1475
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Laugh

But, on a slightly happier note (?), I managed to track down a picture of your good self riding your brothers bike (no handed, bike out of shot what with you being tall 'n' all) just before the crash you mentioned a few posts back. The car in the background being the crashee in question. The real tragedy is that you've never been able to grow such a beard since -
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-24-2011 at 11:28 AM Reason: (?) & pic credits
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #1476
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

You were never quite the same after the accident -
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #1477
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

A note from Dr. Doctor.

Still, it's all no surprise & I think we can agree the problems were, as usual, rooted in issues of parental denial. For example here we see you (aged 26), and witness your distress as your mother takes away your 'special cigarette' -
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #1478
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Damn this interweb thing...! Looks like you've found a lot of my background photos there planktonianus....does this mean that every square inch of our lives have been known to the EPTB* all this time? Eh? It doesn't matter, because I've just found out that when we can turn on our missing 42 amino acid/photon uptake mandelbrot DNA mechanisms, we'll all be able to trip the light fantastic.......which I'm sure you'll be pleased to know. No, don't thank me, it's the least I can do to usher us all into an existence of peace and harmony.

*Evil Powers That Be.

Here's a drawing of you and your dog to be going on with....
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #1479
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Is it me?

I was killing time in a Honda Dealership this weekend. I was sitting on one of their sport tourer things and the salesman tells me, " You know we can get that with an automatic transmission as well." I said," Why the hell would you want one of those?" The guy then tells me its easier to ride. I said, "ya thats kinda the point." The guy then said, "Wouldn't it be good to ride a bike that was easier to ride for once?" So, I am wondering if I look the part of a total newb or does the guy somehow know I went down on Saturday? In any event, it (the conversation) completely screwed with my head. Sorry I got off topic of showing pictures of old men and such but I had to tell somebody. Carry on.
Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #1480
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

A tale of two tales...

1) You had a fall on sat?, or have I misunderstood? a - you ok? b - do tell all.

2) Never having bought from a motorcycle dealership I couldn't really comment on the experience, however I imagine that to me what matters is the difference between what I wany to buy & what s/he wants to sell me (commission/target/profit margin wise). I just can't help but feel itchy in the presence of any salesperson.

But anyway, why don't you buy one of the bike shown below, I could do you a great deal, come, sit & we'll work out the finance...
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #1481
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Tsk, tsk...tsk planktonnn! Are you still trying to shift that bulk load of modified ski-jet cum space scooters? You know they only go so far as low-earth orbit before exploding in a shower of sparks and burning up on re-entry. Well, mine did, and you still owe me my refund. Don't buy one bloo.....ok? Anyway, apropos automatic motorcycles...I once had a chat with a bloke at Mad Dave's, who turned up with a Hondamatic 400 for an MOT, and he thought they were great, but then I suppose he would, considering he had two of the things. Can't see the point of them myself. However....I've often considered the possibilities of a small automatic diesel engine in a bike. Diesel engines are always a bit problematic in bikes, but I thought an automatic would get around the gear-shifting problems, and would be a talking point at bike meets, but I never go to bike meets, so it's all a bit academic. Just thought I'd mention it, as I was passing....
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #1482
Bloo
Jack Russel Dodger

Oddometer: 97
Yes I went down but did not get hurt

I went down Saturday but it was low side and I was going maybe ten miles per hour which makes it all the more embarrasing. I was turning left from a stop sign in my neighborhood and went wide on the turn to avoid some gravel that suddenly appeared. I went too wide and went onto the shoulder which is very wet clay as it has been raining. I was doing about 20 then.

I got off the gas and just let it decelerate on its own. I didn't want to try to get back on the road proper as it is a bit of a step up from the shoulder and the ground was slick. I figured I would just slow to a stop and then get the bike back on the road taking a more perpendicular angle. Anyway, I got down to about 10 mph and the shoulder got a bit of an incline to it downward away from the road. I couldn,t keep any traction on the front wheel and I went down. The whole thing should not have happened. I wasn't being careful and I should not have let myself get off the paved road while riding the RS. I am fine, the bike is fine as it landed on the left valve cover in soft clay and skidded maybe half a foot. Fairing never touched the ground.

Lesson learned that I need to keep in the moment until I get the bike stopped. You guys would have every right to banish me having made such a stupid mistake. What sucks is that I did hit my head on the street and cracked my fuckin helmet. Small little stress crack. So now I am having to save up for a new one and will not be able to ride till I get enough cash together. Serves me right I guess.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #1483
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
modified ski-jet cum space scooters?
Cum scooters? Mmmm, that sounds nice

Anyway, I've been feeling a bit down that you don't currently have a bike so I took the liberty of picking one up for you. Some assembly required -
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #1484
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
I went down Saturday
I don't know what it's like over there but over here statistics tend to show that most accidents happen close to home, either at the start or end of journeys, as it seems as if people switch off a bit when on familiar territory? Who knows.

We'd all be liars if we said we never crashed in such circumstances. The fastest spill I've had must have been somewhere above 70mph, the slowest was at exactly 0mph. Still at least there's minimum carnage & cost, except for the helmet. See, if you lived in a helmet free state you wouldn't be facing this problem... Send us the old lid & we can put it on the wall of shame -
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #1485
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Nice thought on the self-assembly airhead planktonium, but can I have one with the sidecar on the correct side for blighty-riding? Don't want to seem picky, but you know...

Also, bloo, the most important point about dropping your bike is this...did anyone see you do it? If not, it doesn't count. Also, a cracked lid at least means a not-cracked skull which, let me tell you, is no fun. Those low-speed falls are a real bitch aren't they? Make you feel like a real idiot, but once that front wheel starts to slide there's not much can be done about it and, anyway, the real issue is this - did you haul the bike up and remount with panache and poise as if nothing happened? That's the most important thing.