ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #76
Ian640 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Oddometer: 243
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
Are Aliens welcome?
I'm sure pretty much anyone's welcome to both the HU meetings and the trials.

Re: The trials, I did sometimes find the Adventure a handful (that's why I now ride an LC4-E) but still managed to avoid penalties on some sections - it's mostly down to preparation and riding ability. Also, I think to use the 660 rally you'd need to have a quiet exhaust as the routes often pass through 'sensitive' areas and some events run overnight. That said a number of the bikes entered are old Brits, that don't seem to have much of a silencer at all. The majority of the other bikes are trail/dual sports and enduros and a few sidecar outfits.

The only other problem I've had is finding usable tyres - there's strict regulations on what you can use. The majority of entrants use trials tyres, but next time I'll be trying Bridgestone Trailwings.

The next event with the MCC (see link) you can enter now is the Exter trial in very early January 2005. Always a good social event, the weather can spoil things but then that's part of the challenge

I'm hoping to try a few of the UK rallies next year. Any experience of them?

Now gone way off topic...
Ian640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #77
Happe
Offroad Nut
 
Happe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Wales UK or Switzerland
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian640
I'm sure pretty much anyone's welcome to both the HU meetings and the trials.

Re: The trials, I did sometimes find the Adventure a handful (that's why I now ride an LC4-E) but still managed to avoid penalties on some sections - it's mostly down to preparation and riding ability. Also, I think to use the 660 rally you'd need to have a quiet exhaust as the routes often pass through 'sensitive' areas and some events run overnight. That said a number of the bikes entered are old Brits, that don't seem to have much of a silencer at all. The majority of the other bikes are trail/dual sports and enduros and a few sidecar outfits.

The only other problem I've had is finding usable tyres - there's strict regulations on what you can use. The majority of entrants use trials tyres, but next time I'll be trying Bridgestone Trailwings.

The next event with the MCC (see link) you can enter now is the Exter trial in very early January 2005. Always a good social event, the weather can spoil things but then that's part of the challenge

I'm hoping to try a few of the UK rallies next year. Any experience of them?

Now gone way off topic...
Hmm January, Sounds good!
What about the Michelin T63 or Pirelli MT21?
My favorite tyres? Totally road legal and not to bad off road.
On my last tour I found out that most of the "normal" Adventures have much louder exhausts than the one on my rally with the special silencer fitted.
93db but a lovely deep tone :rabia
Without the silencer it sounds more like an Air attack in the second world war
Unfortunately now expiriences with UK rallies yet.
Last time i managed to chrash my bike a couple of weeks before. But next year!!!!!

cheers

Stefan
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #78
Ian640 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Oddometer: 243
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
Hmm January, Sounds good!
Good traditional British motor sport ...usually it's OK, it's just if it rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
What about the Michelin T63 or Pirelli MT21?
My favorite tyres? Totally road legal and not to bad off road.
Unfortunately, I've been told this kind of tyre is too aggressive . I used Continental Twinduro once and someone complained. I think the tyre rules are there to equalise the competition and to avoid tearing up the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
93db but a lovely deep tone :rabia
That should be fine...go for it.

Cheers.
Ian640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:32 PM   #79
ncfitton
Summit Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
riding a 450ccm Lc4 on the last Dakar & Rally D'orient.
And the funny thing is you should be able to buy a conversion Kit for your Lc4 Engine in the near future
can you point us towards more details about the 450cc kit?
ncfitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:18 AM   #80
Happe
Offroad Nut
 
Happe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Wales UK or Switzerland
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfitton
can you point us towards more details about the 450cc kit?
Unfortunately not.
We had a discussion about this the other day in another forum and KTM Sommer answered that this Kit will become available. No more details, Sorry.

cheers

Stefan
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:13 AM   #81
Ian640 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Oddometer: 243
Question

What forum Happe? My German isn't so bad so I wouldn't mind a look...

Cheers.
Ian640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #82
Happe
Offroad Nut
 
Happe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Wales UK or Switzerland
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian640
What forum Happe? My German isn't so bad so I wouldn't mind a look...

Cheers.
Here you go:
german adventure forum


cheers
Stefan
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014