ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
kg4lho OP
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,074
Anyone going to the Little Brown Jug Enduro this Sunday in Clinton, SC?

http://greenvilleenduroriders.com/site/history.php
http://www.setra.org/SETRAORG/schedule.aspx
http://www.setra.org/setraorg/RaceFlyers/3.pdf

Anyone heading over to Clinton, SC this Sunday, Sept. 6th for the LBJ Enduro?
Never been to one and JALnSC and myself are planning on spectating. I would like
to learn more about Enduros and Hare Scrambles and aparently, there are quite a few
of them scheduled this year close to me in SC. Tips? Info? Links? Thanks, Wesley

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
kg4lho OP
Outside Sellin'

Nobody knows anything about this enduro? Thanks, Wes

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 09-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
alwoody
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Most likely will be racing it.

What part would you like to know about ? The racing, equipment or spectating part ?

The LBJ is a start control/Reset format enduro. This is the new national reset format which is less complicated than the old school time keepers.
In the new format, you basically ride balls to the wall through the sections as opposed to worrying about "burning" checks (going too fast in a certain timed section and arriving too early) in the old time keeper format.

BECAUSE they now time sections based in how fast a AA rider will finish a section, so us mere mortal do not have to worry about riding a section too fast.

SC has quite a few Enduros for sure.
2000 KTM 400 SXC Dual Sport
Member: AMA, SETRA, NCHSA
Race profile http://www.yourrace.com/alwoody
alwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
kg4lho OP
Outside Sellin'

Let's start with spectating. Where are the areas? What are the best areas to be at? Not familiar with enduro so not even sure what to do or where to go. Been to the SandBlast Rally several times and they had areas planned out for spectators. Thanks for the help, Wesley

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
alwoody
n00b

Oddometer: 8
ok. To spectate at an enduro, I would probably pick an interesting spot somewhere around the 1st section and watch everyone come through, then ride to another interesting section somewhere in the woods to watch the riders clear that section as well. I focus on watching the pros (Class AA) (In the row 20 through row # 35). Only 1 AA row per row.

Take something to sit on. For all riders to clear a certain section might take a couple of hours depending on how many rows there are. Basically the way it will work is they will release probably 5 riders every minute until all of the rows are started. So if there are 70 rows of 5 riders, that will take 70 minutes to get everyone in that section started. That will continue for all of the sections until the race is over. The whole event will take 4 or 5 hours. It will probably be more interesting to find a hard section somewhere close to the end of the course or 1 of the last sections. Tired riders plus difficult sections equals more carnage. If I am not racing, I usually prefer to find a really hard section and help people get through it. SC enduros don't usualy have much in the way of tough hillclimbs, but may have exceptionally muddy or sandy areas where people are getting stuck.
2000 KTM 400 SXC Dual Sport
Member: AMA, SETRA, NCHSA
Race profile http://www.yourrace.com/alwoody
alwoody is offline   Reply With Quote