Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #76
vuugti
Pretty much...

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT DIRT?
+1 also I went on GG website there is a dealer in Canaan must be a guy out of his garage.Some Saturday when i have a couple of minutes I plan to take a ride up there to check it out.I will let you know.
Call first! I know at least 4 dealers on that list that don't even exist. That portion of their site hasn't been updated forever.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #77
exlogger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
maybe BETA has something for 2010

http://americanbeta.com/
exlogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 AM   #78
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Oddometer: 1,821
what can i say rool
if i was going back to a single pot thumper this would be it i think :) perfect bike for oz outback country riding.
hits our dealers floors in australia on december 2010.
MY07 950 SER
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #79
Zerodog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
My dealer knows about it. And it sounds like he is willing to bring a few in. So line up. We will see if they actually happen though.
Zerodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #80
Juntura
Obsessive Lurker

Oddometer: 87
I have been getting emails on this bike from the Boise GG dealer. I have tried a couple of times to post his responses to me but ADV won't let me for some reason. Anyway, on Wednesday he wrote and told me the bike will be a special order model with a wider front frame to support the fairing. It will be street legal with upgraded electronics. The bikes will be made in December for a January/February delivery. Previously he said pricing was to be $10,499, but the importer may lower that.

Mike at the Trialsource here in Boise has been great to talk to on this bike, if you want to contact him he is a listed dealer on the GG site.
Juntura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #81
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 614
I have emailed a couple of dealers here in British Columbia, Canada. Sounds like they have heard of the bike which is a good sign. Just waiting to hear back on pricing and availability. Definitely a special order kind of deal though.

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #82
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Anyone care to speculate the replacement cost of the fairing? I'd guess more than half of these sold will require a replacement sometime in it's life.
I know mine would.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #83
LILBIT
Ride you must.

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
Anyone care to speculate the replacement cost of the fairing? I'd guess more than half of these sold will require a replacement sometime in it's life.
I know mine would.
I'm guessing equal to the cost of an engine rebuild. I love the looks of rally bikes but would never ride my area with one. Fairings on a 450 dirt bike are like 300mm tires on choppers to me for 95% of the owners.

Seriously guys how many of you wanted a 450 enduro bike before you saw this one. The only thing changed from the standard model is fuel tank size and a chuck of fiberglass but now it's your dream bike?

Tell me what i'm missing.
LILBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #84
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Granted I'd rather it be a bigger motor but I spent a good amount of time and money to create something very similar:
  • Reasonable light weight
  • Long travel suspension
  • Long distance headlights
  • Extended range fuel capacity
  • Wind protection
  • Room for additional instuments
The low fender is a huge plus. The only unknown is the rear subframe - to be perfect it would accept additional gas tanks or panniers.

I know when (not if) I crash hard enough to destroy the fairing on my bike it could be a costly oops. My guess for the GG faring would be in the $250 range for just the fiberglass, double that if you take out the headlights and instrument supports. I'm betting it's cheaper than wiping out the front of a KTM 950 though.

Dave:
bikefrk:

Hoder screwed with this post 09-17-2009 at 06:35 PM
Old 09-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #85
LILBIT
Ride you must.

Oddometer: 1,675
Your bike is a proper DS. This bike is really just Gas Gas's enduro bike. I'm not bad mouthing tagged dirt bikes. I love mine. Just don't undrstand how adding a fairing turns it into a super bike. Adding fuel tanks to any other 450-530 gets you almost there and it seems many find the GG to be a bike they have been waiting for. The wind/equipment protection will only add a small amount to it's verstility.
LILBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #86
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILBIT
Your bike is a proper DS. This bike is really just Gas Gas's enduro bike. I'm not bad mouthing tagged dirt bikes. I love mine. Just don't undrstand how adding a fairing turns it into a super bike. Adding fuel tanks to any other 450-530 gets you almost there and it seems many find the GG to be a bike they have been waiting for. The wind/equipment protection will only add a small amount to it's verstility.
Well, yeah. But OTOH, it has bit of wind protection, adequate fuel capacity, should be lighter than a "proper" dual sport like a TE610 (I'm sorry, if the specs say otherwise, I haven't looked at them since the thread started and I'm lazy and PUI). There are still some unknowns, like the gear spread, maint schedule (probably the same as the FSE, but I don't know that, either). Just because you might be able to achieve the same thing in other ways doesn't negate its value; it proves that it's worthwhile!

Quote:
Seriously guys how many of you wanted a 450 enduro bike before you saw this one.
Well, me, for one. I think I'd kinda like a fuel injected KTM RFS Adventure (yes, I know RFS is prev-gen, you know what I mean).

tslewisz screwed with this post 09-17-2009 at 08:02 PM
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #87
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Quote:
Just don't undrstand how adding a fairing turns it into a super bike.
Not a super bike just a super cool bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz
should be lighter than a "proper" dual sport like a TE610
Advertised dry weights:
GG Desert 450 = 293 lbs
TE 610 = 308 lbs

If they put the 515 motor in they might be close to equal.

Anybody know how much oil the GG holds?

Dave:
bikefrk:
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #88
soloyosh
Dad and husband

Oddometer: 5,480
With the El Dakaro rules for 2010, I doubt you'll see the 515 in this bike. I think that's why you probably wont see a 690 Adventure any time soon either.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #89
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
I have emailed a couple of dealers here in British Columbia, Canada. Sounds like they have heard of the bike which is a good sign. Just waiting to hear back on pricing and availability. Definitely a special order kind of deal though.

Any word if this will be street legal in Canada?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #90
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,104
Quote:
So what else can you tell us about the Desert?

You obviously have inside information if you know its just an enduro with a bigger tank and fairing.

I think your missing the point of what we are hoping for, a lighter bike with decent suspension decent fuel range and LONGER SERVICE INTERVALS!

I acknowledge the fact that you may be right and it may be just a tarted up enduro, but I haven't seen anything to support or disprove it yet.

I think we are all just hoping for the best, now please let us dream that someone will give us what we want, even for a little while...

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote