ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
CroMag 2009 at Silver Lake State Park Barnard, VT 9/25-27.

Update 9/21/09
Today is the last day you can let me know you are coming. I have to turn in the list of names tomorrow to the ranger. Stop procrastinating, the weather is supposed to be great for a fall weekend. Daytime temps in the 70's nighttime temp 42 degrees. That is a gift for this time of year. The leaves are starting to turn the last couple of days. Should be a real nice weekend.

Update 9/9/9
You can start sending your $30 paypal payments to CroMag2009@gmail.com.The account is confirmed go ahead and make your payments. Please include inmate name and real name with paypal payment, thank you for making it easier on me that way. Also, if you are paying for more than one attendee, I will need the additional name(s) too. Thank you.

Greetings All,

The fellow from the State of Vermont says we are all set, even though I do not have the agreement in hand as of yet. He says not to worry, he has just not had time. Based on today's conversation with him I am going to set out here what is up and then when I am totally confident of what the situation is it will be posted in Rally Forum.

This will be a bikes only event. You must arrive at Silver Lake State Park on a motorcycle. Their rule, not mine. If you need to do something differently, as long as too many people don't ask, I may, that is may, be able to help find you a place to leave a vehicle. They just do not have space for more than the bikes and I think that may be tantamount to how they are letting us use the facility when it is officially closed. Quarters may be doubled or tripled up depending on our numbers, but they don't have a problem with that and we hope you don't either.

I think the event will cost you a cool $30 and will include the tenting facility, head and a fire Friday and Saturday night, and a 2009 sticker. Unfortunately, the late notice from Silver Towers cost us the kitchen facility. But the good news is one of the inmates here is a traveling chef along with his SO. Graciously, he has offered to provide the following:

We will provide pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, slaw, cornbread, and watermelon for dessert, and will request a donation to Dana-Farber (by way of the Pan Mass Challenge) for $15 per person. Personal checks will be OK (made out to PMC) and the donation is 100% tax-deductible (we'll have receipts for those that want one).

I like the idea and we will still be helping a charity, albeit in a smaller way, it is a great cause. I know there were some veggies in the group and we will offer a double helping of baked beans without the fatback to them. Seriously, I will need a headcount of the plant eating missing links and see what can be done to accommodate you as well. As you can see, payment for that will be at the dinner and is tax deductible.

You probably noticed there is no mention of spirits above. VT law makes it impossible to collect money and serve spirits without severe potential consequences. I tried to lure some of the local brewers to come on board, but it just is too much expense and liability for them to be interested. You have to be licensed and schooled to serve and they have to be on site at all times. It was a tough sell; 3000 people maybe I could have gotten their attention. If you care to imbibe, it is not a problem at all, you just have to pay for it and bring it yourself. On that note as well, VT does not allow kegs on their properties. I am sure someone with a hack has the ability, but the ranger and I will have to turn you away. Believe me, I have the coolest dispensing set-up you will ever see, but it is just not allowed. Sorry, but now that we are beggars, our choices are very limited.

If there is money left over, you have fun, and want to do this again it will be applied to next years event. If someone else wants to step up to the plate and get the event back on private property it will be seed money for them. Sound fair enough? I'd really like to have an accountant handle the money end of this, but no one has come forward.

Details on payment procedure will be posted when this goes on the rally site. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up as time is closing in quickly. The leaves are starting to get a little tint already on the scrub trees in these parts. Should be beautiful riding in the Green Mountains.

Looking forward to seeing you in VT.

Please comment, if I can make you happier I will do my best. If I can't, well we will have to see if I can with more time to organize in the future. If anything should be changed I want to have the heads up before Nate moves this to Rallies.

Cheers!

shrineclown screwed with this post 09-21-2009 at 10:02 AM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,351
Way to Go Shrineclown

Thanks for all your hard work and count me in for a tent site and dinner...damn right I eat meat
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
NewHampWoodsRider
Tag Captor

Oddometer: 446
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the work!

Im in and so is my non inmate friend.

Head count: 2
NewHampWoodsRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #4
seahorse100
SLUG

Oddometer: 412
YOU ROCK SC, I'M IN......(meat for me)
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Rules for VT State Parks

Please look these over and be familiar.

http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/2008rule.pdf

I have the document and don't see anything out of the ordinary, so I consider it an event. We will be self policing, so please do your part to make sure we are welcome back. I will need to provide the Ranger a list of attendees prior to the event. So, PM me your name if you don't want to post it and any others in your party coming. Cheers.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
SixWatt
kicker of elves

Oddometer: 137
Dinner @ CroMag

My wife and I will be making the Saturday night dinner at CroMag: we are members of an amateur competition BBQ team and have all the gear to set up an outdoor kitchen. If you have any questions feel free to PM me with them, I don't want to clutter up SC's thread too much.

There will be veggie burgers available for vegetarians, along with a small amount of meatless baked BBQ beans. However, most of the BBQ beans will be of the meaty variety. We intend to serve food from about 5:30 in the afternoon until around 7:30; hopefully that'll give everyone time to get in from their rides, wash up, and have a pop or two to whet the appetite. We unfortunately have plans in Boston for Sunday AM that we can't alter, so we're hoping to begin packing up at 8 and be gone by 9. We'll leave any leftovers for the late arrivers. If that schedule doesn't fit the flow of the event please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

My wife and I do this because a very good friend of ours lost his battle with cancer in 2004, leaving a young family behind. We consider the cost of the food, gas, and time it takes to be our donation to Dana-Farber for cancer research; 100% of the money you guys donate for the food will go directly to DFCI (we don't reimburse our costs in other words). Hope you FF's don't mind pitching in for a cause...

Cheers,
SixWatt

PS I will be riding on Friday afternoon & Saturday morning and look forward to meeting some of you.
SixWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Post Away SixWatt

We cannot thank you enough for your generosity. All the Red Sox fans are well aware of Dana Farber and the work they do. It is a great cause to support and again, we can't thank you enough.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,351
I second that thanks Sixwatt and Mrs sixwatt
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
regfoo2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
all the way IN....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
High Hope
World's Best Dog

Oddometer: 7,529
Great job Shrine' and 6watt, very much appreciated. I'm in for tent space..and BBQ .
Chris
High Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
toofast4uu
adventurer

Oddometer: 968
Put me down for 1...

I'll be riding up from NJ on Friday, so if there's any inmates interested in riding up together, let me know...We took some amazing backroads up to Cromag last year...

Also, does anyone know of another facility (campground) in the area that can accomodate travel trailers? I know of some guys that are interested in camping with their families, but spending time on their bikes and attending parts of Cromag as well..

I'm looking forward to this!
Old 09-05-2009, 04:49 AM   #12
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,128
I'm gonna try and make at least one day. Time to get the map and see where this park is.
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #13
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39
I'm gonna try and make at least one day. Time to get the map and see where this park is.
http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/silver.cfm

Directions and map from link above. They also give lat/long for the entrance.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Is there still interest in this get together?

So, far I have heard from 10 people that are interested in this event. We will need a whole lot more than that to make this thing worth doing. Day trippers are fine and encouraged. I will have to confirm, but if you are going to enter Silver Lake Park, they are going to want the weekend fee I am almost certain. Obviously, that is why they are letting us have exclusive use of the facility. They need the money badly.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #15
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown
So, far I have heard from 10 people that are interested in this event. We will need a whole lot more than that to make this thing worth doing. Day trippers are fine and encouraged. I will have to confirm, but if you are going to enter Silver Lake Park, they are going to want the weekend fee I am almost certain. Obviously, that is why they are letting us have exclusive use of the facility. They need the money badly.
Just found this thread. I am also interested but can't commit just yet. I would be solo, and am a pinko-commie veggie...

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote