ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Corbeau OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Beta on extreme northern VT?

Good day, Yankee friends!

I'm hoping to get some info on the kind of dual sport riding one would find in northern VT. Think Northeast Kingdom and points West. It just so happens (for those who caught that Kill Bill, Vol. 2 reference) that I bought a ski chalet in Sutton, Quebec, which is 10 miles north of Jay Peak, as the jay flies. I cross the border at Abercorn, QC/Richford, VT, FYI.

And it just so happens that the only dirt I can find in that corner of Quebec are dirt roads. Forrest roads -- used when there was logging 25 years ago -- are all on private land or have been converted to trails, not accessible for those who like an engine between the front and rear wheels.

The info I seek will help me decide what kind of DS bike to get to complement my VFR. If I were never to leave the country, I'd go for something more street oriented (V-Strom, sedate KLR or GS) but if I find out there are some single-tracks, I'd get something more dirt-worthy (used 640A, DRZ400)

Thanks. And yes, I'll set up a meet sometimes next summer!
Corbeau is offline   Reply With Quote