Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #76
TopEnd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Never let it be said I knocked back an opportunity for a beer. Trailer Boat Club next week for me is good.

I'm not phased what weekend we go either. If you have a look on Google Earth you'll see a hugh Black Soil plain at the northern end of the track. That's usually the show stopper. I don't think there's too many signs of an early wet at this time so if you wanted to push it out to later in Nov. that sounds cool.

TopEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #77
kezzajohnson
kezza

Oddometer: 1,324
West Alligator Ride

Same, same guys- last weekend of October would be ok for me but I don't mind early November also. Happy to work around everyone else.Maybe early November would be better, especially for 'livit' to be able to plan around his shipping activities. I would suggest that the slightest bit of rain in Kakadu (and it's on it's way) will make things interesting on those black soil floodplains, so sooner than later for the ride will be desirable. Next week's good for me at trailer boat club-name a day, I'll be there.
Congrats on your first post 'livit'- eventually it will be like riding a bike-you'll never forget how, especially since you are no longer killing brain cells like the rest of us.
Gotta get onto 'mowster' to tell him how jealous I am of his recent addition (upcoming) to his garage. I am having visions of him disappearing off into the sunset... Welcome to the 'brotherhood' green ant and fellow DR650 owner.
Cheers see you all soon. kezzajohnson http://www.territoryon2wheels.com.au

"May the Road Never Rise to Defeat you..."
kezzajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #78
kezzajohnson
kezza

west alligator ride

Hi guys, just had another look at things and all things considered I suggest weekend of 14/15 November if that suits-Will you be back from Bali Mark ?
Cheers kezzajohnson http://www.territoryon2wheels.com.au

Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #79
TopEnd
Gnarly Adventurer

Guys

Yer that suits me I'm only in Bali for 5 days.

I just now rec'd my new windscreen from screens for bikes. Looks like that's this weekends project.

Stu nominate a day for the TBC and looks like we'll have a face to face.

cheers

Old 10-22-2009, 03:48 AM   #80
kezzajohnson
kezza

ride

Great-looks like we may be getting close to setting a date. Talk more at meeting.
Am of to Kakadu tommorrow, driving a coach for 2 days which gets me out of the office-yippe. Staying at Sth all resort and will ask around the locals for some current info on road etc to West All. Back sunday and hopefully catch up with you all next week for a chin wag.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 AM   #81
TopEnd
Gnarly Adventurer

Have a good trip Kezza

If you can persuade the locals to give up the location of some good riding tracks for next dry, don't hold back.

Catch you up next week.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #82
Mater OP
Love a ride, any ride

Oddometer: 13
Been a while

G'Day all, I know it's been a while since I've got on here, my appologise's I've had to do a couple of runs from Bris to Weipa and back over the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately it's been in the work truck not on my bike. Has certainly given me idea's on riding to the tip.
Great to hear of great ride's in the area and looking forward to meeting you all next year.

Who is best in the Darwin area for parts and service for Kawasaki's? I will be living around Gunn but from what I've heard everything is close. Looks like I will have to change my rear tyre to someting with more grip for soft dirt and less suited to tar, (runing a D607 at the moment).

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mater
Mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #83
TopEnd
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater
G'Day all, I know it's been a while since I've got on here, my appologise's I've had to do a couple of runs from Bris to Weipa and back over the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately it's been in the work truck not on my bike. Has certainly given me idea's on riding to the tip.
Great to hear of great ride's in the area and looking forward to meeting you all next year.

Who is best in the Darwin area for parts and service for Kawasaki's? I will be living around Gunn but from what I've heard everything is close. Looks like I will have to change my rear tyre to someting with more grip for soft dirt and less suited to tar, (runing a D607 at the moment).

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mater
Hi Mater

Everything may not be all that close but we don't have traffic issues here, apart from the peak hour travelling in and out of the rural area. The rest of the time you're lucky to have more than two other vehicles waiting at a set of lights with you.

A new Kwaka dealer has just opened up in Darwin on Hickman Street in Winnellie. That's 15min ride from Gunn. I called in at lunch time today for the first time to have a look around. He seemed reasonably priced. Only small, but big things grow as we all know. A mate has just bought a 2010 KLR650 from them. Sounds like he got a reasonable deal.

When do you think you'll be in town ?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:08 AM   #84
Damo
Adventurer

Savannah Way

Hi All

Back in Darwin after some time down south. Looks like time is getting tight with things for me, but I'm still heading over to Cairns on the Savannah Way.

Leaving November 10th in the afternoon (due work etc) then spending the night in Mataranka. Going to take it reasonably easy, hopefully, pending rain. Arrive in Cairns on Sat 14th/Sun 15th depending on how things go.

Travelling with a mate in a dual cab, so if anyone wants to come along - going via Mataranka - Roper Bar - Nathan River - Cape Craweford - Boroloola, to throw a jerry in the back with some fuel, should be all good.

Would be great to get a ride organised between now and then, just a day trip, to meet up and say G'day to everyone. Looks like something is being organised on the 14th though, which is after I've left.

Cheers

Damo
Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #85
Mowster
Stressed Member

Oddometer: 434
^^^^^
Yes; "Holeshot Kawasaki" has been open only 5 weeks....i've already ordered some parts; best of luck to them.

I'm in for the trailer boat club next week, preferably wed. or later, as my mum is up for a few days, but no biggie, really.

And the ride to kakadu sounds great; I'M IN

( ...i take delivery of the K1300R tomoorow )
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM   #86
Damo
Adventurer

Actually, just had a brainwave. I know it might be difficult because it's mid week, but a potential tag aong route might be:

Darwin - Mataranka - Roper Bar - Nathan River - Cape Crawford (or Boroloola) (part our separate ways) - Daly Waters - Darwin for people that can't go the whole way.

It's 338km between Roper Bar and Cape Crawford, so would be good if anyone needs the opportunity to take fuel along to ride that route - just chuck the fuel in my mates dual cab.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #87
Mowster
Stressed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Hi All

Would be great to get a ride organised between now and then, just a day trip, to meet up and say G'day to everyone. Looks like something is being organised on the 14th though, which is after I've left.

Cheers

Damo
Maybe a cheeky one one the 31st/ 1st weekend??....just a half day job so stu "livit" can join in??

Watch this space
Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #88
Mowster
Stressed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo

It's 338km between Roper Bar and Cape Crawford, so would be good if anyone needs the opportunity to take fuel along to ride that route - just chuck the fuel in my mates dual cab.
Roper Bar to Borraloola is awesome riding, but the midweek thing is hard...

Great to see idea's flicking around

Would be great to check out some of LC8TY's stomping grounds, too.......
Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #89
livit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Meeting up

Hi all
How does Thu 29 Oct sound to meet up at the Trailer boat club?
Say 4.30 on, there is a restaurant for those who want to stay for tea.

Everyone is welcome, just look for the table with guys making motorbike noises. Sign in at the door and Bobs your uncle.
There is a playground for the kids and a pool for a dip as well.
Just remember to take your hat off in the bar, otherwise it may cost you a shout.
I have some top end maps I will bring along to stimulate some thoughts.
Can't wait to see the new ride Mowster.

See you there
LIVIT
livit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #90
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 7,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopEnd
A new Kwaka dealer has just opened up in Darwin on Hickman Street in Winnellie.
Darwin Dynacycle, Stuart Park, and formerly Mitchell and Knuckey Streets were the Kwaka dealers when I lived there. What a shonky, no hoping outfit they were; their mechanic didn`t have a clue. They were later Ducati dealers as well; imagine the mess they made out of those engines.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote