User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
bluegroove OP
Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer: 441
Thumb 6 Days in the Desert: Black Rock NV 2009

Hey you guys might like this. Last week I spent 6 days riding and camping in the Black Rock desert and other parts of Nevada with my friend Dale. I wrote it all up with lots of pics. Super big fun! Go here:

http://www.nelsonhallgren.com/6days/6days1.htm

http://www.nelsonhallgren.com/6days/6days1.htm
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,685
Nice ride! Thanks for the link to your pics and report
Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,123
That was awesome!!! Did you find the wall writing from 1852 in High Rock Canyon?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
bluegroove OP
Motorcycle junkie

Nope, musta been going too fast!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
bluegroove OP
Motorcycle junkie

Hey larryboy, I saw your report on a ride up that way. Looks great! I wanna get up to SE oregon sometime. I'm also thinking of riding from home (Sacramento) to eastern WA on as much on dirt as possible. I have friends and family to visit up there, so why not have an adventure on the way?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
bluegroove OP
Motorcycle junkie

I had a PM question about route planning -

I read lots of ride reports and planning info on ADV to prep the bike and gear. As for routes- I only had a general idea. We just started riding in the general direction we wanted to go and kinda made it up along the way. With camping gear you can pretty much ride til dark then camp wherever you are (out in the boonies anyway). The DeLorme topo map books are pretty good. They are sold by state. I have the CA and NV books. The big bookstores have them.

We had more, farther areas in mind also, but as things unfolded we realized we didn't have enough time for that.

have fun!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegroove
Hey larryboy, I saw your report on a ride up that way. Looks great! I wanna get up to SE oregon sometime. I'm also thinking of riding from home (Sacramento) to eastern WA on as much on dirt as possible. I have friends and family to visit up there, so why not have an adventure on the way?

I had a tip from a dirt bike family of about 12 bikes on where the writing was..so, I kind of cheated. The pics will be towards the end of my ride report.

I saved my tracks thru that area as I want to go back, it's close to home and a four day weekend sometime would be a nice loop thru there.

I think you'd like the OBDR to get up to Walla Walla, I don't know much of Washington.