ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #16
bgoodwin
Got Parelli?

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart
Preesh the input Willie, but you must not follow the Alabama TOR. Look it over and you'll see the trend, and debates that have risen. And apparently it's not a problem when one or two riders will go wherever, whenever to grab it and bring right back to your own neighborhood.

sooooo....better to just narrow a game into your back yard only....that doesn't sound like fun.....I thought it was about the ride???? Oh and I think they have been more than one or two riders who have gone the distance to get tags.......oh well...

"Take the time it takes, it WILL take less time"

"Listen guys...the only way to insure a successful prosecution...is if I get away" - Me to Al Goodwin and DeBandi
bgoodwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Oddometer: 568
Case In Point...

The latest Alabama TOR tag is yet another example of why a central Alabama TOR was needed.

Here's Xathor's clue...

"Hmm... South of the garden there is a bridge, those who know might make a bee line to it" - Xathor

And the response...

"Great Tag! I know that location". - Debandi

Unfortunately, most of us don't know that location...We're supposed to go after this tag, and not get Bruced? Not gonna happen...
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Congrats !!!! Can't wait to for your tag.And cool bike also.Was that a good place ?I never stopped there passed it alot.Glad I did.
sorebuttduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
motomark39
I reckon so

Oddometer: 1,061
Cool2 If 1 is good ain't two better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodwin
sooooo....better to just narrow a game into your back yard only....that doesn't sound like fun.....I thought it was about the ride???? Oh and I think they have been more than one or two riders who have gone the distance to get tags.......oh well...
Twice the taggin possibilities, twice the fun. Where the hell is that garden anyway. Hard to make a bee line when it is localized to only those that know the area.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Moving along...

In case anyone wants to grab a night tag, I'll go ahead and post this tag I picked up today. In keeping with the Civil War theme...

Where this route begins...

You'll find this headquaters...

This is your new tag...

Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,718
Look at all the other 990's in Alabama,Im not the only one. But you need to get them Dirty.

forrestrider screwed with this post 12-04-2010 at 10:04 PM
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #22
xathor
Not actually Gnarly

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart
The latest Alabama TOR tag is yet another example of why a central Alabama TOR was needed.

Here's Xathor's clue...

"Hmm... South of the garden there is a bridge, those who know might make a bee line to it" - Xathor

And the response...

"Great Tag! I know that location". - Debandi

Unfortunately, most of us don't know that location...We're supposed to go after this tag, and not get Bruced? Not gonna happen...
Ok... I try to be a nice guy man but seriously... If you don't want to RIDE, EXPLORE and ADVENTURE then why are you in it? Did you even put forth an effort to try to find my tag? Ive been through the entire "Alabama Tag-o-Rama" thread and found each and every tag just by researching. Yes, there have been some that stumped me... there have been times that I wanted to go get the tag but I wasn't exactly sure where it was. There have been times that I have been disappointed in how far the tag was away, but it was still in the state of Alabama and therefor part of the rules. I'm sorry if you don't want to put in more than an hour round trip to go get a tag then don't blame the person that put the tag outside your "comfort zone". I didn't complain AT ALL about getting ST-Rangers tag that was way out in the middle of no where. I wanted the tag... it was 3 hours one way just to get to the location... and I wasn't even sure exactly where it was! I left at 1 in the morning when it was 50 something degree's out! I didn't complain AT ALL.

Just to accommodate you, each time I place a tag... I'll PM you the exact GPS coordinates as well as a screenshot of how to get there on Google Maps.

Sure looks like there's a hell of a lot of little green motorcycle men in the central part of Alabama... not a lot of little green men to the south. Hmm... Looks like there was a need for a south Alabama thread for those guys. Not really sure why this thread even exists?
2008 KTM 450EXC-R (JD Jetted, Wossner, KTM hardparts farkles, AC10's, TT Goodies)
2008 Subaru STi (Cobb Stage 2)

xathor screwed with this post 09-07-2009 at 08:08 PM
xathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Sorry, I'm just a noob...

Maybe you're right. I am pretty new at this...I guess I'm the only one that couldn't figure out your vacant building, bridge on a back road, and VOR tags. I feel like such an idiot. But please, don't send me any coords or maps. I need to take this spoon out of my mouth and start learning to find tags on my own. Maybe I'll get one, some day...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #24
WESABUG
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Is this guy for real?

Who cares? I just wanna say
TAG...hahaha

Nice nite for a ride, first post, first tag. I've been watching the Alabama TagORama and like it simple much better if anybody is taking a poll. This was coooolllllll! Thanks for the chance to play!!!!!!

Next tag will be something I got on the way home. It really is a nice place, the pictures of the building didn't come out to good. So I like sweet tea and wanted to KEEP THINGS MOVING, so here it is, in the same county as the previous tag, some folks say I can be a little Moody. Without further adoodoo, your next tag.

WESABUG screwed with this post 09-07-2009 at 09:44 PM
WESABUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #25
motomark39
I reckon so

Oddometer: 1,061
Cool2 Very nice!

Good one bug
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #26
Bama Gringo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
is this the tag?

heres the pic link. i couldnt post it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/cmn1771/...62475831447602
http://picasaweb.google.com/cmn1771/...62467286555682
http://picasaweb.google.com/cmn1771/...62495558630146

-matt
Bama Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #27
Bart Jones
BGY 504

Oddometer: 884
I've got it

New Game Vestavia Hills Tag o Rama

Bound to the north by Lakeshoe and to the south I-65; To the West Columbiana Rd and East Hwy 280

Now here's the tag: Clue it also the name of a planet. Of couse they're a lot like opinions, eyeryboby has one.

I have to say this whole Tag o Rama thing has all been fun, a good way to explore the state and I've mede some good friends both North and South but I think I'll just stick to riding from here on out.

Apologies to the ladies...
Bart Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #28
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Look Guys I am New on here also but Ive never seen a bunch of people that gets so crazy about starting a new tag thing in central alabama .If you dont want to play here dont play simple as that .All the negative responses has been about we down here in central dont want to ride but yet for the short time Ive been watching this you guys in north alabama have been finding the tags and putting them in your back yard why didnt you find it and ride down to ST Clair county the same night or early the next day?No you left it up their what happened didnt want to ride?Last one I followed guy posted that he would be their in 20 minutes?Thats a long ride did he do it on his Bicycle?Then how far did he take it after he found it 2 hours maybe 3 I bet not.And for the record I ride I just done a trip from Alabama to Montana in July and just went to Moto Gp and rode on from their to Ohio and also do Track Days with STT and planning another trip real soon to me thats riding the Tag thing is to give me something to do in between rides so thats why I started it kinda like changing the TV channel if you dont like whats on change the channel.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #29
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh and Bart you look so natural in that position.Done that before have you?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #30
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Oh the humanity...

Unfortunately, once seen, nothing can be...unseen.