ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #61
KawDlr
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 691
Yea, if you notice that those green motorcycles in the south only appeared about 7-8 months after we started this thread and were from inmates playing our game moving the Alabama Tag game around to have some fun with the northern guys. Being able to play in a relative area is good, but you will soon see that you run of of good ideas real fast and begin to compromise on locations just to put a tag out to play. We still have to ride up to 6 hours one way to play some days if we are going after a long haul tag in our game playing field, but that is what it is all about, RIDING. Playing with the guys on the Alabama Tag game was fun while it lasted...... But then there is always tomorrow.....

By the way here is a the SATOR found tags map as of 9/14/09 to show our progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xathor
Ok... I try to be a nice guy man but seriously... If you don't want to RIDE, EXPLORE and ADVENTURE then why are you in it? Did you even put forth an effort to try to find my tag? Ive been through the entire "Alabama Tag-o-Rama" thread and found each and every tag just by researching. Yes, there have been some that stumped me... there have been times that I wanted to go get the tag but I wasn't exactly sure where it was. There have been times that I have been disappointed in how far the tag was away, but it was still in the state of Alabama and therefor part of the rules. I'm sorry if you don't want to put in more than an hour round trip to go get a tag then don't blame the person that put the tag outside your "comfort zone". I didn't complain AT ALL about getting ST-Rangers tag that was way out in the middle of no where. I wanted the tag... it was 3 hours one way just to get to the location... and I wasn't even sure exactly where it was! I left at 1 in the morning when it was 50 something degree's out! I didn't complain AT ALL.

Just to accommodate you, each time I place a tag... I'll PM you the exact GPS coordinates as well as a screenshot of how to get there on Google Maps.

Sure looks like there's a hell of a lot of little green motorcycle men in the central part of Alabama... not a lot of little green men to the south. Hmm... Looks like there was a need for a south Alabama thread for those guys. Not really sure why this thread even exists?

KawDlr screwed with this post 09-14-2009 at 12:19 PM
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #62
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Oddometer: 568
Mostly eastern tags

First there was the ALTOR. And then there was bitchin' from the extreme southern taggers. So...the SATOR was created. And all was right with the universe. Then there was bitchin between the extreme northern taggers and the central alabama taggers. So...the CATOR (or CAT) was created. and once again, peace was restored. It seems that most of the SATOR tags are in the eastern portion of the state. Are there just not any Mobile area riders participating? So how about... SWATOR (or SWAT)? And maybe the NEALTOR (or NEAL), and possibly the NWALTOR (or NWALTOR ). More games, more tags, or to many games? TAG THE WORLD!!!

Jus sayin'...
Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #63
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
OK I finally thought of a cple rules for our tag that is different from the others.One No more complaining I started this unaware of the complaints of the Alabama Tag O Rama just didnt take me long to figure it out on my own that must of them where staying up north because those guys like to play I guess.So I havent been a Member long enough to know about all that just wanted to have fun like the rest of guys.It seems to be positive so far had a few naggers but looks like thats went away, so lets just have fun and save the nagging takes fun away from the Tag.Ok If we all can agree thats one New rule.Another is no file tags.Lets not just pull up old pics just for the sake of keeping it going.Is that OK with everyone?Theres been some cool tags so far I think.
sorebuttduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #64
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And what do you guys think of some kind of Idol to keep the file pics from happening?Something cool motorcycle related that would not freak anyone out if someone out of the game seen it.Something simple but bright so we all could find it at location.Just a thought let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #65
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,100
Your ideas will make your game even slower, if you can imagine.

No file tags and an idol are very bad ideas, but, it's your game.

They have both been tried before and voted down by the majority.

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #66
KawDlr
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 691
Sounds as if you got your wires crossed! When I proposed the SATOR, it was a few players in the original Alabama Tag o Rama game that began complaining. I only went to them asking permission to cut off the lower part and start a game for our areas. When the majority of the riders there didn't oppose it and most actually supported the idea, then and only then did I proceed to generate the SATOR game thread. From this there was no Bitching, just discussion on where and how to set this model up and get it running. Much help and support from Jumper got me rolling. I have exchanged many ideas and conversations with a large part of the riders in that area as well gaining new friends along the way.

Lets not start any rumors by posting misinformation or hearsay.

Thanks,
Jody

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart
First there was the ALTOR. And then there was bitchin' from the extreme southern taggers. So...the SATOR was created. And all was right with the universe. Then there was bitchin between the extreme northern taggers and the central alabama taggers. So...the CATOR (or CAT) was created. and once again, peace was restored. It seems that most of the SATOR tags are in the eastern portion of the state. Are there just not any Mobile area riders participating? So how about... SWATOR (or SWAT)? And maybe the NEALTOR (or NEAL), and possibly the NWALTOR (or NWALTOR ). More games, more tags, or to many games? TAG THE WORLD!!!

Jus sayin'...
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #67
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBandi
Your ideas will make your game even slower, if you can imagine.

No file tags and an idol are very bad ideas, but, it's your game.

They have both been tried before and voted down by the majority.
I think the no file pics is good ideal will keep alot of people from going after tags that they really dont want just to post up one of their pics from another ride that they may have took some time ago if they have to get out and ride to get the tag and place the new one they may leave tag for somebody else.I think its going just fine as far as the speed alot of new people are finding out about it and someone new seems to each time get the tag.whats wrong with the Idol thing?I think it would be cool but like I said i am new to this but I am sure about the file pics it just doesnt seem right to me.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #68
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebuttduc
I think the no file pics is good ideal will keep alot of people from going after tags that they really dont want just to post up one of their pics from another ride that they may have took some time ago if they have to get out and ride to get the tag and place the new one they may leave tag for somebody else.I think its going just fine as far as the speed alot of new people are finding out about it and someone new seems to each time get the tag.whats wrong with the Idol thing?I think it would be cool but like I said i am new to this but I am sure about the file pics it just doesnt seem right to me.

Good questions.

We all said no file tags in the beginning and this is what it can cause.

Say you get a tag at 3:30ish.
Say you could not find a tag because of rain, work or family.
Say you had to leave town the next day on business.

Now the game is stalled and the guys do not have a tag to search for.

Just my 2 cents.

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #69
FireballR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebuttduc

like I said i am new to this but I am sure about the file pics it just doesnt seem right to me.

I felt the same way when the ATOR started. I felt like people were cheating. Now I feel totally different about it. I had a whole weekend to ride. Someone got the tag on Sat. morning, and did not post the new one until sun. night. Everyone was wanting to go get a tag, but there was not one available. This could have been avoided with a canned tag.

There are also days where I want to go get a tag, but it may be a long ride from my house. I may only have time to go get the tag, but not go get a new one if I am wanting to move it a good distance.

I am not saying use a canned tag all the time, but it does come in handy. I like having this option.

$5 off Smugmug with this referral code (Tmk4uxA4rMRsQ), and help support ADVrider at the same time!
FireballR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #70
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawDlr
Sounds as if you got your wires crossed! When I proposed the SATOR, it was a few players in the original Alabama Tag o Rama game that began complaining. I only went to them asking permission to cut off the lower part and start a game for our areas. When the majority of the riders there didn't oppose it and most actually supported the idea, then and only then did I proceed to generate the SATOR game thread. From this there was no Bitching, just discussion on where and how to set this model up and get it running. Much help and support from Jumper got me rolling. I have exchanged many ideas and conversations with a large part of the riders in that area as well gaining new friends along the way.

Lets not start any rumors by posting misinformation or hearsay.

Thanks,
Jody
Jody, man I'm not being serious. I'm just being melodramatic in joking around about all the tag games. I don't think one takes away from the other. It just gives us more tags to chase and more entertainment when I can't be out chasing them. I think they're all good, and try to participate in all of them, although I haven't gotten down south for any. I say good on ya for starting it up down there. I actually liked seeing the murals, but I wish I could've gotten down there and seen a few in person, then grabbed the tag and brought it back up this way.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #71
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Idols and cans

I agree with Debandi and FireballR. Both have been debated and tried, but neither seemed to work to well. But, it's your thread, your call Sorebuttduc. As long as we keep it rollin'!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #72
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart
I agree with Debandi and FireballR. Both have been debated and tried, but neither seemed to work to well. But, it's your thread, your call Sorebuttduc. As long as we keep it rollin'!
I say next tagger leave a bottle of Crown at the Tag, and we will see how long it lasts!
08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #73
sorebuttduc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I say lets say no file tags for now and see how it goes if you cant place a new one in a timely manner then dont go after the current one.If it starts being a problem then we can adjust.I say it belongs to all of us but if you want me making some decisions on stuff like that I have no problem with it.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #74
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 598
I didnt like file tags at first, but after i tried to grab one, find a new one and make it to work, i came to like them. They keep the game moving quickly, and end up with a lot more tags. Just my 2 cents, we will shoot for no file tags, maybe it will be easier since they are closer to home now
08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #75
FireballR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by catang5oh
I didnt like file tags at first, but after i tried to grab one, find a new one and make it to work, i came to like them. home now
Canned tags would also be safer for night tags, which will be increasing with the upcoming time change.

$5 off Smugmug with this referral code (Tmk4uxA4rMRsQ), and help support ADVrider at the same time!
FireballR is offline   Reply With Quote