Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #31
MikeinSA

Oddometer: 3,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hi,

I wish I knew going into that - we rode Kebler on Monday - I am pulling together a ride report as we speak. What a great ride.

I did not see the grave stone, but now I wished I looked around a bit more - what did it say?

Anthony
Here's a copy of the grave stone

"My good people as you pass by, as you are now so once was I, as I am now you soon must be, prepare yourselves to follow me"
MikeinSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #32
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Some great candids in there as well as some great shots from your ride back to Cali through Moab. The desert looks awesome.

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by never2manybikes
Fellas,

I have just returned from the Colorado Adventure Ride... what a pleasure! Here are some of my photos from the ride posted on facebook...

2009 FirstGear Adventure Ride

There will be much, much more to come...

Kyle

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #33
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,103
How much did the rental place pork you for damages..??..I never wanted to rent because you just never know..
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #34
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Kevin at rentmotorcyclescolorado.com was great about it. I have to say that I was pretty apprehensive about what he was going to say.

There were some pretty good scratches on the right side, on the fender, slightly on the case and obviously on the fairing / cowl.

To quote Kevin when he saw it "well its a a rental, and I expect them to go down here and there - why don't we just replace the cowl and call it a day".

What a breath of fresh air.

Total damages under $200. He could have been a hardass if he wanted to.

+1 to rentmotorcyclescolorado.com and its proprietor Kevin. Reasonable and fair. I would rent again (and hopefully not crash) in a heartbeat and recommend them. I think I would ask for knobbies next time though.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-ktm
How much did the rental place pork you for damages..??..I never wanted to rent because you just never know..

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #35
Schmahlly
n00b

Oddometer: 3
[quote=BoochZilla]Schmahlly sent me this one today...

I like it better from this view! Looks more knarly.
Schmahlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #36
avbjessup
Growin older but not up

Oddometer: 171
Just FYI, the "birch trees" are actually aspen. Looks like you guys had a great trip!

2008 KTM 250 XCF-W (mine)

2009 KTM 450 EXC (hub's)
2009 Yamaha TT-R230 (gone)
2009 KLX140L (gone)
2003 BMW F650CS (gone)
2001 Suzuki DRZ200SE (gone)
2001 Honda Shadow 1100 (gone)
2001 BMW F650GS (gone)
avbjessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #37
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla

To quote Kevin when he saw it "well its a a rental, and I expect them to go down here and there - why don't we just replace the cowl and call it a day".

What a breath of fresh air.

Total damages under $200. He could have been a hardass if he wanted to.
Thats good to hear....
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #38
JackB1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Anthony,
Rockin' cool trip...wish I coulda joined you on this one. Maybe YOU need to do a presentation at the RevZilla Open House on Oct 17th!!
Bonneville 200mph Club, IBA #18825, previously diagnosed with Multiple Bike Disorder, yadda,yadda, yadda..
\www.2wheels4kids.com
JackB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #39
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Colorado Adventure Ride Day 2 - Marshall Pass & Independence Pass

So day two began as curmudgeonly (is that a word?) as it ended. I woke up in my mini-tent in a puddle with a damp pillow and wet sleeping bag and then proceeded to try to get dressed without getting out of my sleeping bag. I will also note that I had to change clothes and drawers and put full riding gear on without bumping the single walled kiddie tent from the inside which would immediately soak anything that touched it. Fun and enjoyable at 6:30am without having any coffee or getting warm yet.

Yeah - I barely fit, but it was picture worthy.

So while I moseyed over to the fire to get warm and wash "myself" with a damp shop towel - Mark of FirstGear decided to further make fun of the now disgraced V-Strom

From there it was meetup in Sargeants to top off slug a 5-hour energy and be on our way..

Ascent of Marshall pass - the loose crap was not fun on my tires. Rob ans Steve rode with me.

It was here that we ripped by these guys and their freshly killed quarry... as Tim rips by on his KTM

At the summit of Marshall Greg asked Mike if he saw "that squirrel"

A shot of Marshall's scenic overlook

Obviously we had to round up the Troops at the top of Marshall. Its obligatory.

Headed down the backside we overlooked a lake

Leaving MArshall headed for Buena Vista and K's Burgers Rob's 12 plugs from earlier that day blew out again. They took the wheel and final drive off on the side of the road. Gnarly.

We rally at K's to get some legendary burgers. Did you knwo every patron gets a celebrity name on their check that is eventually called when the order is ready?

I asked for Rodney Dangerfield or Mr T. They told me the computer randomly pics either a male or female. Here is my receipt below:

Random my ass.

After lunch headed to Independence summit by road. We stopped at the base to close out vents and add liners - we were riding into a sleet storm at the top. Nice.

Here is a shot of us crowded on the sign posing for another picture.

After independence we rode through Aspen and on to Glenwood Springs to stay the night. The last 10 minutes into Glenwood we saw the worst downpour on the bikes during the whole weekend ride. Visibility was very limited and we kept getting hit from plumes generated by the tractor trailers over the median going the opposing direction. It was nuts. We all arrived safe and dry underneath, although the same could not be said form some folks tank bags and soft luggage including mine.

We at at Fiesta Gudalajara Restaurant then hit the Springs Tavern to catch some football. Most crashed pretty early, we were spent. We did just under 200 miles but a good chunk was on dirt and wiped us out.

See all the Day Two shots in my Flickr Gallery Here - ADV Colorado Day 2.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #40
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Colorado Adventure Ride Day 3 - McClure & Kebler Passes and Crssted Butte

Our day began rallying at the hotel, everyone was ready to rock out our third day - except for Schmahlly - he went way to hard and payed for it.

Pretty cool shot as I was about to mount up - the fog raising up on the mountain side. If Environmental Science in college serves me, I believe they call that Adiabatic Warming...

We scattered and all zoomed up to McClure pass..

8,755 Ft baby.

We rallied at the bottom of McClure about to begin Kebler Pass.

Ascenting Kebler... Austere and beautiful

Kyle rips by on his 1200GS

Moo cow. Moo....

That is one big cloud...

Rode up to lost lake... Philly Represent!.. couldn't resist.

We make it to Kebler.. wish I would have seen the Gravestone on my own..

Lake Irwin...

From Kebler we headed to Crested Butte, which was an awesome town to say the least. We rounded up about half the camp and headed for lunch on Main Street.

Lunch with the guys.

Then the classic cars started rolling in... Ferarri, Mercedes Gold wing, a 52 Allard..

We hung out for a while on the main drag then headed to The Secret Stash for probably the best pizza I have ever eaten. Super cool place with its own unique personality and amazing pizza ingredients.

Dinner was great until the end. Seeing as I may be the first non-first gear employee to crash in the d30 armor - they just couldn't help but give me a terrible award along with John (who also dumped an hour after me on day 1- on road tires on cottonwood)

In all its splendor here is my crash test dummy award with the signature of all of my Colorado Weekend Ride accomplices. Still not sure how I feel about this but it is hanging behind my desk.

After dinner we trekked it back to Gunnison. The only thing left was to quickly polish the bike and make it look a bit sweeter for Kevin at rentmotorcyclescolorado.com before he picked it up. The thinking was that some monster scratches might be diminished if the rest of the front end was shiny and clean.

This was not my fav part of the trip.

Kevin then showed up and I told him the bad news...

.. and he said it was all good! Just replace the cowl! Sweet. Everybody wins. Who told us to pose like Fonzie? We must have been delirious.

and that my friends concluded day 3.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R