ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #196
mntdawg
NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN

Oddometer: 876
2010 in review....

It has not been above 29 degrees here in Salida today, so I had a little time to and AAAAAAHHH.....put this together
I should be back in the SE AZ region by the weekend to resume exploration
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #197
airgord
What am I doing out here!

Oddometer: 844
Great pics again MD!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #198
midengineracer OP
Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer: 1,285
Banter, new bike

So, back to more bantering...

I broke down and bought a motorcycle here (too much to get the Scrambler sent over).

I started with a Hyosung GT650 (for one evening) and took it back. Right price wrong bike.

Ended up with an H-D XR1200 (thanks Skip, I think you were the one that mentioned that bike when I bought my Scramber). Right bike, wrong price.

Hopefully this weekend I can go farther than the local area with the thing. Then I have to figure out if there are any rides worth attaching the GoPro to the bike for filming.

And I still don't have any good software to edit video in its original MP4 format, everything wants to recode it to other stuff. Even just something that will let me separate one movie into a bunch of clips would suffice. Anyone still following this that knows of some software, please tell me about it.
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #199
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Bike Time!

Howdy Folks -

I have the next 2 weeks off of work. I just picked up a brand new BMW GSA. Put on the basic farkles and been riding everyday, like a man would in his right mind with a new bike and no work. If anyone is interested in day rides, hit me up please! Bike is still in 'break-in' period, which basically means "hang at redline as much as you can until it stops burning oil" - sure thing! Been blasting some roads down south getting familiar with the sidewalls.

I'm more interested in getting of pavement and exploring how the bike behaves and handles in some tricky stuff. I've riden Ruby road, Arivaca lake, Box canyon etc etc, but these are all mighty tame. Beautiful, awesome, and amazing undoubtedly! I am looking for a parter for safety and some 'peer encouragement' for the more challenging and maybe to help pick the bike up if my arms are weak due to riding.

Anyways, I am thinking about Middlemarch road (by Tombstone), from Nogales to Parker Canyon lake, Coronado National Monument, rambling the Chiricahuas, from Pima/Thatcher around the other side of Mount Graham down to Wilcox, of course the backside of Lemmon/San Manual/Cascabel road, rambling the Tortolitas, etc etc. Just a few options, I know most of these roads are tame with more challenging spurs heading off in either direction.

If anyone is interested, I would love to have a riding partner for safety, encouragement and camaraderie! Hit me up with a PM or an email (I think you can access that through my profile!). I've been living the dream, basically waking up in the morning, looking at a map, and heading out until sunset or so. I'd love to plan a ride with someone else and open to route suggestions!

Oh yeah, also getting a set of Jesse Luggage by the weekend (I hope). Anyone interested in beer, banter, and a jesse luggage install?

Cheers!

Steve
Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #200
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,006
Steve,

Come on over here, this thread has kind of withered.

You'll find a few big bike guys.

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #201
Globecruiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Same boat as you Steve... well maybe not quit... I'm trying to make my tires last a little longer

I got a 11 GSA last year and being exploring the trails mostly on my own... wouldn't mine to have a company for the same reason you mentioned.

Also planning longer rides as well.

PM me if you'd like.

Doron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySteve View Post
Howdy Folks -

If anyone is interested, I would love to have a riding partner for safety, encouragement and camaraderie! Hit me up with a PM or an email (I think you can access that through my profile!). I've been living the dream, basically waking up in the morning, looking at a map, and heading out until sunset or so. I'd love to plan a ride with someone else and open to route suggestions!

Cheers!

Steve
Globecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #202
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Turkey Weekend Ridin'

Howdy Guys -

I'm looking to do some riding next Friday and Saturday (november 23 and 24) around the Tucson locale. If you're interested, I posted a thread to gauge interest.