ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
Q500
velvet hammer

Oddometer: 177
How about to Goblin valley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME
Yeah, sorry about that, I've been working a lot... obviously no ride this weekend. I'll be working this weekend instead of preparing for a ride next weekend.

How about next weekend? Ride Saturday and Sunday, I'm probably going to stay thru Monday since I have it scheduled off.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #17
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
Goblin Valley would be fun, but at this point I have a different destination in mind. I want to explore South of Moab.

Here's my plan... at this point it may change, but I hope it doesn't. Leave for Moab on Friday afternoon, by way of Gateway and the La Sals, as outlined eairlier. Stay in Moab friday night, probably at a campground for the showers, possibly a hotel if I'm feeling rich.

Saturday head to Hurrah Pass, then Elephant Hill and Beef Basin. Check out Dark Canyon and possibly Natural Bridges if time allows. Camp around Comb Wash.

Sunday explore the Moki Dugway, Comb Wash, Arch Canyon and the town of Bluff. Find a campground in Bluff or Blanding for the night.

Monday head home, would probably be lots of highway riding, perhaps ride thru the La Sals to Gateway again, then up Unaweep canyon into GJ.

I realize that is more than the 2 day ride that was first planned, but I really want to get a big ride in before it gets too cold and the time off from work just fell together for me. If anyone still wants to join me, you're more than welcome, otherwise this will be a solo trip for me!

Greg@RME screwed with this post 10-04-2009 at 07:09 PM
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #18
Q500
velvet hammer

Oddometer: 177
I'm out work related stuff came up for Saturday. My wife and I are going to ride the grand mesa before the snow comes in. Good luck!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME
Here's my plan... at this point it may change, but I hope it doesn't. Leave for Moab on Friday afternoon, by way of Gateway and the La Sals, as outlined eairlier. Stay in Moab friday night, probably at a campground for the showers, possibly a hotel if I'm feeling rich.

Saturday head to Hurrah Pass, then Elephant Hill and Beef Basin. Check out Dark Canyon and possibly Natural Bridges if time allows. Camp around Comb Wash.

Sunday explore the Moki Dugway, Comb Wash, Arch Canyon and the town of Bluff. Find a campground in Bluff or Blanding for the night.

Monday head home, would probably be lots of highway riding, perhaps ride thru the La Sals to Gateway again, then up Unaweep canyon into GJ.
I did a modified version of this ride over the weekend, Ride Report posted here- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517284
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

This thread is a few years old, but I figured I'd bump it back up and try find some locals to ride with this weekend.

I'd like to get out on my DR650 this weekend, just a day ride. Thinking of heading from Fruita towards Moab, using some of the Kokopelli. Probably run into Moab for fuel, then head back. Anyone interested in a ride? Saturday or Sunday, either one is fine by me. I may end up heading out solo... just want to get out and ride!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
Tilt2turn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
I work this weekend, so I can't make this ride. Plus, I still have the stock tank on my DRZ, which I need to remedy soon. Seems like there are a lot of riders in the GJ area, we just don't communicate as much as the talkative bunch on the Front Range.

What happened to the idea of getting a TE?

http://winginit.smugmug.com/
Tilt2turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #22
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt2turn View Post
I work this weekend, so I can't make this ride. Plus, I still have the stock tank on my DRZ, which I need to remedy soon. Seems like there are a lot of riders in the GJ area, we just don't communicate as much as the talkative bunch on the Front Range.

What happened to the idea of getting a TE?
Yep, it would be nice to have a tighter group of GJ area riders, I ride solo far too often. There is so much to see using GJ as a base camp, having locals that want to go out & ride often would be a blast!

I still love the idea of a TE610, but for now I've decided I have far too much effort and money in my DR and there's no way I can get that back out. Might as well keep riding the DR and continue tweaking it for my liking! I still dream about owning a TE610 someday...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,475
Hi Greg! I'm sorry, but I HAVE to do some painting this weekend.

Anyway, I totally agree with you. Let's get together, liberate some cervesa from it's dark prison (a.k.a. da keg), and pour over the maps (I love me maps ) and then burn hydros. How about getting together Sunday afternoon since it's probably going to rain anyway?

Dejavu has been doing a great job getting folks together in the Rifle area; but I haven't been able to make it yet.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,466
I'm out of town this weekend, but will try to make the next one.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
minerbill
Emits Methane

Oddometer: 279
I was thinking of buzzing down to join the "Koko" group next Friday, just to meet and greet, then maybe ride along as far as Dewey bridge. Would head back to GJ from there.

A late spring weekend out of Rangely/ Douglas Creek area could be fun. There are a lot of morning/afternoon loops that can be done.
minerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
HiluxCrux
Under western skies.

Oddometer: 125
Thumb New to Fruita

So I just got my KLR running after being put up wet last winter. Not registered yet, but what they heck, we can just stick to the dirt. So anyone making the trip this weekend? I'm in for Sunday and would like to do some regular riding. Cheers.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer: 1,321
So only off-road stuff, or is anyone up for 950 rides? I know Uli's "little" bike isn't running yet, and I don't have a trailer to get to GJ on the 525.
Last weekend I did Gateway/Naturita/Lizard Head Pass to Durango. Thank God for Gerbing jackets, but roads were dry and barely any gravel. I would like to meet more riders in this area as well. Thanks for the thread!

'05.5 KTM 950 ADV (Orange is faster)
'04 KTM 525
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #28
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Hi Greg! I'm sorry, but I HAVE to do some painting this weekend.

Anyway, I totally agree with you. Let's get together, liberate some cervesa from it's dark prison (a.k.a. da keg), and pour over the maps (I love me maps ) and then burn hydros. How about getting together Sunday afternoon since it's probably going to rain anyway?

Dejavu has been doing a great job getting folks together in the Rifle area; but I haven't been able to make it yet.
I may be doing some trail work on Sunday in Moab, weather pending. Can I keep you posted? It would be fun to plan out some big rides!

I have seen Dejavu's get togethers and haven't been able to make them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
I'm out of town this weekend, but will try to make the next one.
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerbill View Post
I was thinking of buzzing down to join the "Koko" group next Friday, just to meet and greet, then maybe ride along as far as Dewey bridge. Would head back to GJ from there.

A late spring weekend out of Rangely/ Douglas Creek area could be fun. There are a lot of morning/afternoon loops that can be done.
I'm thinking about making the Koko ride too, sounds like fun! I'b probably be in for the complete weekend, but catching a portion is better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiluxCrux View Post
So I just got my KLR running after being put up wet last winter. Not registered yet, but what they heck, we can just stick to the dirt. So anyone making the trip this weekend? I'm in for Sunday and would like to do some regular riding. Cheers.
I might get out tomorrow afternoon for a quick ride, perhaps into the desert North of Fruita on the DR650... just a Spring shakedown run. Sunday doesn't sound too good for riding, if the weather holds out, I'll be in Moab as mentioned above.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure girl View Post
So only off-road stuff, or is anyone up for 950 rides? I know Uli's "little" bike isn't running yet, and I don't have a trailer to get to GJ on the 525.
Last weekend I did Gateway/Naturita/Lizard Head Pass to Durango. Thank God for Gerbing jackets, but roads were dry and barely any gravel. I would like to meet more riders in this area as well. Thanks for the thread!
I only wish I had a big KTM Adventure! I sold my V-Strom last Fall, so I'm inclined to sticking to dual sport/dirt rides for now.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #30
HiluxCrux
Under western skies.

Oddometer: 125
Afternoon it is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
I might get out tomorrow afternoon for a quick ride, perhaps into the desert North of Fruita on the DR650... just a Spring shakedown run. Sunday doesn't sound too good for riding, if the weather holds out, I'll be in Moab as mentioned above.
Let me know when you want to head out and I'm up for it. I've got my old plate on the bike so don't foresee any issues with Fruita's finest.