Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcorral
I had topay $24,000 (cash, no credit) for a 2009 F800GS...
Are those American dollars?..... If so you either got every accessory in the BMW and TT catalog or a very sore butt (lol couldn't resist sorry).
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
Is it gold plated?

I would have sold you mine for $23,000.
If you ship it to Venezuela, pay the duties and VAT, we have a deal...

Quote:
Are those American dollars?..... If so you either got every accessory in the BMW and TT catalog or a very sore butt (lol couldn't resist sorry).
Yup US$... Only got ABS, heated grips, Onboard computer and center stand. That's the cost of getting the bike imported from th U.S.

Look at the bright side: I'll only pay $ 0.06 a gallon for premium gas, so by the time we've all logged 5,000 miles we will be even
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
macdarren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
You need to find a way to ship fuel back to the US...you could mark it up 10x and sell every drop you can get in at $0.60 a gal

macdarren screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 03:32 PM
macdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You need to find a why to ship fuel back to the US...you could mark it up 10x and sell every drop you can get in at $0.60 a gal
We can trade gas for bikes

It is actually ilegal to export gas from Venezuela, as these prices are below production costs and subsidized
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
NAZDirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempeturtle
Good Question, I am looking for that answer also. My dealer has only a 2009 F800GS demo bike for sale. It has 3,100 miles on it and they are discounting it by $1,900. So the out the door price with tax, title, and License is $14,990 ($12,670 with out TTL). They added a bunch of options on it. It has ABS, computer, and heated grips.

1. Comes with Street and Dirt tires
2. Skid Plate
3. Had Guards
4. Crash Bars
5. BMW top case (it is the one that expands for larger items if you need it)
6. Center Stand
7. Touring windscreen

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal? Or should I wait for 2010 models.
Buy that thing from Tom down there. I almost did but ended up getting a brand new one in stock form. Now I wish I had the add ons that one had since I am buying them anyways. Tell him to get you the deal he gave me!

Matt
NAZDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #21
PbAdvRider OP
PbAdvRider

Oddometer: 17
Spoke with a BMW dealer today and only difference he was aware of was color change and latest computer upgrade/programming - although he noted that anyone buying a '09 or '08 could/should get the updates from a dealer.
PbAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,693
Although not following model year dates, I've heard of other changes that were implemented along the way, such as chain, air inlet (related to engine stall on downpours), canister outlet routing, front axle, and recently it is speculated that rear wheel bearings were changed as well. The unknown is an official word from BMW on these changes and when they were implemented along the production line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbAdvRider
Spoke with a BMW dealer today and only difference he was aware of was color change and latest computer upgrade/programming - although he noted that anyone buying a '09 or '08 could/should get the updates from a dealer.
Lion BR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
skamikazee
Noviço

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR
Although not following model year dates, I've heard of other changes that were implemented along the way, such as chain, air inlet (related to engine stall on downpours), canister outlet routing, front axle, and recently it is speculated that rear wheel bearings were changed as well. The unknown is an official word from BMW on these changes and when they were implemented along the production line.
I suspect those were already fixed on the 2009 problems (the one's with a clear front brake reservoir), i own one, had no recalls, no snatchy throttle (I've driven 2008's), and definitely no stalling on heavy rain.
Only bug with mine might be the fuel censor.
Does anyone with a 09 GS had any of the above listed problems?

Cheers
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
jodyz121
Mostly Harmless . . .

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamikazee
I suspect those were already fixed on the 2009 problems (the one's with a clear front brake reservoir), i own one, had no recalls, no snatchy throttle (I've driven 2008's), and definitely no stalling on heavy rain.
Only bug with mine might be the fuel censor.
Does anyone with a 09 GS had any of the above listed problems?

Cheers

09. Stalling in heavy rain. Fixed it.
jodyz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #25
edfetz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwfan
You need to check your facts on the warranty. It really isn't a big deal but, since the bike has been put in to service, the warranty is tolling. The warranty begins at the time it is put in to service, not when you bought it. But, that could just be a CA thing. Regardless, check!

There are no changes to the new 2010s other than color and they come with the latest software updates, etc.
I bought an 09 Demo. I was told, and have in writing, that the warranty time is extended by 60 days from the in service date, no mileage extension.

I was also told that BMW gives the dealer a $1000 credit / discount for having the bike as a demo, so he should be able to pass that along and still make his normal profit.
JGRMX-Pirelli Tires
edfetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #26
geno_rocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Orange?

Orange? That was my original thought. Then I saw the 2010 in orange at Gateway BMW and IMO it looks pretty darn good. This is coming from an owner of a gray '09, so the color is bright, but very nice, in fact if I was in the market it would be my choice over the white.
geno_rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #27
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,440
I have an orange 2010 and after 813 miles, I still cant wipe the grin off my face. I know there are haters who don't care for the color but I like it quite a bit. Took it on a 2-night camping trip on a circuit around Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier and Mount St. Helens and she performed wonderfully. My only complaint is the snatchy, bucking bronco throttle but I have found myself getting used to it.

I will try to post some pics tomorrow.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I will try to post some pics tomorrow.
PICS!!! we want PICS!!!

When I was on waiting list for a Yellow 2008 F800GS I had plans to take of all the yellow parts and have them painted orange (My love for the color comes from my many KTMs)...

I ended up getting a grey 2009 F800GS after I saw them side by side in person... Had there been an orange available, I'd probably woul dhave gone that way
Old 09-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #29
spqr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Updates

I had a marketing professor that loved BMW and Apple as a great example of product lifespan. It would seem that the look at the length of time a purchaser (in the case of cars leasers) will have the vehicle... say 2 years. Then they project incremental improvements on the third model year, and again on the 5th. the theory is that buyers will 'upgrade'.

If we consider 08 as a test release (not global) and then 09 and 10 will be the basic model and there will be improvements in 11 and 13 followed by a complete redesign.

How this applies to the bikes I don't know, however I would look at what the improvements have been on the other GS and then expect the same. BMW makes lots of money for a reason. I would bet that they will add big brothers features into the F8 say.... anti-knock and traction control as options. Or maybe putting another gallon of fuel on her.

and inbetween we can expect different colors.

I realy don't have the time to research the R----GS improvements but I am sure someone on this list can recite it from memory.

My ride Report, I will finish it some day.

You pay your money, and you take your chances.

1983 R65 (sold to good home)
2001 Kawasaki Concours (Stacked and totaled)
1997 BMW F650 (Still rolling)
1987 kawasaki EX 500
2009 BMW F800 GS ('nough said)
2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 (The Mule)
spqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #30
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by spqr
I realy don't have the time to research the R----GS improvements but I am sure someone on this list can recite it from memory.
On the 1200s, from 05 - 07 there weren't any big changes. Mostly updating the firmware and fixing niggling problems (top cases falling off, FD issues, fuel sensors...). Colors available changed from year to year. Sound familiar?

Then they did a biggish update for '08 with a few of the late '07s getting the revised FD as well. The '08 and on were redesigned cosmetically, gained 5 hp and got a couple of new options like traction control and electrically adjustable suspension.

So along those lines, if BMW follows the same pattern for the 800, we can expect new chains and rear wheel bearings/rear hub redesign and a few more firmware updates. With new colors for each year of course.

Then in '11 we can expect a cosmetic re-design with a few added options to make the bikes more complex and further from why we (I) bought them.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote