ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #2971
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,413
ing up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVRnick View Post
Does this count? Can't get any closer without getting
locked up !
If you have to ask, then you know you could have done better.

You have to do a lot more than riding up and taking a picture to get yourself locked up from that vantage point.
Even where I took my picture, I spent over 5 minutes there, 4 cars drove by me while I was lining up for my shots, reviewed 3 shots, moved my bike about 20 ft. to get better angle and set up final shot that was posted.

I make an effort to take decent pictures for this thread/forum, pictures that have clear subjects that make viewers understand clearly what is important in the picture and hopefully reproduce the shot without the need to ask for acceptance, common sense, no?
I don't mean to be picky, but you've make the effort of taking a ride out there, why stop short of last few feet?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #2972
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
ing up

You have to do a lot more than riding up and taking a picture to get yourself locked up from that vantage point.
Even where I took my picture, I spent over 5 minutes there, 4 cars drove by me while I was lining up for my shots, reviewed 3 shots, moved my bike about 20 ft. to get better angle and set up final shot that was posted.

I make an effort to take decent pictures for this thread/forum, pictures that have clear subjects that make viewers understand clearly what is important in the picture and hopefully reproduce the shot without the need to ask for acceptance, common sense, no?
I don't mean to be picky, but you've make the effort of taking a ride out there, why stop short of last few feet?
The entrance off Evergreen road has a sign that says "PRIVATE PROPERTY / NO TRESPASSING"

Working with PECO and the Township they have had many people arrested including Chanel 3 news crew that followed our fire truck (Linfield) in on an training drill.

Wrong place wrong time I wouldn't put some one else in jeopardy just to get a tag.

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #2973
Cat0020
El cheapo

Clearly, I did not get arrested, nor did I feel any danger of getting arrested for what I was doing, because I took my time to take my pictures. I'm no professional photog, nor do I have significant interest in photography that carry with me expensive equipment.

We are all adults, if you feel that you are going to get arrested doing something, then don't do it if you don't want to get arrested, another common sense it seems.

The generating station is an majestic achievement, likely to stay around longer than most if not all other buildings within our area. Taking a few moments while you are so close to something so timeless and massive is simply something natural for most human being to do. If you can't get that across to the LEO that shows up to avoid arrest, then you likely to have more reasons for getting arrested.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #2974
KAdriver
adventures on asphalt

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
The entrance off Evergreen road has a sign that says "PRIVATE PROPERTY / NO TRESPASSING"

Working with PECO and the Township they have had many people arrested including Chanel 3 news crew that followed our fire truck (Linfield) in on an training drill.

Wrong place wrong time I wouldn't put some one else in jeopardy just to get a tag.

tom
+1

I could take a pic of my bike from a hill in Sumneytown with the cooling
towers in the back ground, would that count?

Seems PVRNick made an effort to get your tag without violating
any laws or on stepping on to private property, which by your explanation,
Cat you did. Also none of us have your eye for photography so you should
give some slack there too.

My .02¢ sez give it to him and lets move on. This game moves too slow
as it is!! (the peanut gallery can chime in anytime....)

Now where's that "Panties in a Bunch video at?"

KAdriver screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 12:13 PM
KAdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #2975
PVRnick
Pennsy Flyer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
ing up

It looks to me that your picture was taken in the lot behind
where my bike is in my picture and the only way I could see
To get into that lot was to drive past a bunch of signs
telling me to keep out.
I respect other people's property as I would hope others
would respect mine.
Perhaps someone else would care to attempt to duplicate
your incredible shot of a 250 Ninja, I do not claim to have
your amazing photography skills or your neglect for others
property.
It's your tag , do what you want with it.
I had a good ride and that's what's important to me.

Later
'06 Wee Strom
'95 XR650L
PVRnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #2976
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVRnick View Post
I respect other people's property as I would hope others
would respect mine.
As a property owner, I would respect someone more if they take some effort to take a proper picture; you don't build structures like that to have casual pictures taken, that's respect..

Like I said before, if you feel you are satisfied with your efforts, who am I to say whether it is acceptable or not.
That area is well worth riding over a few times, within 3 square miles, you have some finest roads in the area.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #2977
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
As a property owner, I would respect someone more if they take some effort to take a proper picture; you don't build structures like that to have casual pictures taken, that's respect..

Like I said before, if you feel you are satisfied with your efforts, who am I to say whether it is acceptable or not.
That area is well worth riding over a few times, within 3 square miles, you have some finest roads in the area.
I'm going to chime in here.
I worked there (Police) shortly after 9/11 as backup to the Security there.
We had issues of people testing security and taking pictures to be used for plotting and planning.
Those signs are there for a reason.
Chances are you didn't get caught because the local Police had no immediate unit available for a quick response.
And make no mistake. You were being watched and your tag was recorded.
Anyway. Next time you may not be so lucky.
You'll get charged with trespassing at the very least, your vehicle will get towed and your camera confiscated.
And you'll most likely be put on a terrorist watch list, if you haven't already been put on one.
You may still get a knock on your door and get interrogated for what you were doing there.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #2978
snowman318
Future Corpse

Oddometer: 1,049
My $ .02
Either the tag grab is is close enough so PVR felt safe doing it,and move on ,or
Wait for someone else to " duplicate" the shot, and risk problems, or
Call the drop bad due to the trespassing deal and give Cat a chance for a new drop.

Whatever you folks decide
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674788
http://sevenmountainsconservationcorp.com/
snowman318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #2979
Cat0020
El cheapo

Please, I have ridden within the area for over 13 years, up to 6 times a week.
Even before all the 911 BS, never once been questioned nor visited by LEO in person or at my residence less than 3 miles away from the towers.
If you think conspicuous, you act conspicuous.. I don't hide anything, I act with clear intentions, I have no fear being there.

If you've worked in that facility, you'd know odds of an airplane flying into those towers would cause minimal damage to them, just as would the WTC towers. Physics don't lie, governments do.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #2980
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
Please, I have ridden within the area for over 13 years, up to 6 times a week.
Even before all the 911 BS, never once been questioned nor visited by LEO in person or at my residence less than 3 miles away from the towers.
If you think conspicuous, you act conspicuous.. I don't hide anything, I act with clear intentions, I have no fear being there.

If you've worked in that facility, you'd know odds of an airplane flying into those towers would cause minimal damage to them, just as would the WTC towers. Physics don't lie, governments do.
Ok.
I'm going to vote this tag be invalid.

If you want to risk arrest, that's fine.
But asking other people to take a risk for a game is not cool.
Yes. I worked at those cooling towers and I was briefed on many things regarding those towers and the plant.
The signs are there for a reason.
They carry automatic weapons for a reason.
The military and police were there for a reason.
Certain security aspects at that facility were changed for a reason, including adding those signs!
I don't care if you lived in the house next door all your life. It wasn't on their property.
And that doesn't justify you breaking laws because you say you have done so without repercussion in the past.
MySPOT
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #2981
Cat0020
El cheapo

Who validated you to vote?

As I said before, we are all adults here; take whatever risk you feel comfortable with.
I'm more likely to get hit riding my bike by a drunk driver than getting arrested by LEO in that area.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #2982
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
Who validated you to vote?

As I said before, we are all adults here; take whatever risk you feel comfortable with.
I'm more likely to get hit riding my bike by a drunk driver than getting arrested by LEO in that area.
No one has to validate anyone to vote.
It's just that. A vote.
If other people choose to invalidate the tag, the majority would rule.
Right?
As far as I'm concerned, your tag is no good.
Other people may say it is valid. Others may not.
Let the masses decide.
MySPOT
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #2983
sledge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
let's cut the cackle, the idea is to duplicate the shot as close as possible, to my mind that means clear view of both towers, in the grab one is obscured by trees, and let's not call 9/11 bullshit, too many died to allow that tone here and this is just a game. let he who adheres to the speed limit throw the first stone, we all break the law. I vote the grabs a fail
sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #2984
Cat0020
El cheapo

I don't know what the big fuss is about.

I never said the grab was invalid, only that if you have to ask for acceptance of your grab, then you know you could have done better.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #2985
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikehigh View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845778

Thanks for letting me help with the map. I was fun. Doing the Philly map, and the PA map, has really got me remembering some great rides and how much I miss that bike.

I look forward to seeing the Kawi when it's done. When did you pick up the TW?
Thanks for the help with the map, Charles! Sorry to hear about that off you had, but it sounds like things are on the up and up for recovery, so thats good. The Kawi will be tagging within a month i think, after the extra long hiatus. Good riddance.

I picked up the TW in the beginning of December. All plans to get off road with it have been foiled thus far, but its a fun little bike. I did ride it home at night freezing my ass off in a snowstorm in the wrong gear and I also ran out of gas (well hit reserve and abruptly stopped) on 202. This bike is far more dangerous than my other two at this point. Not sure what the future holds but its certainly not going to be stock. I cant leave anything alone, for better or for worse.
mra32 is offline   Reply With Quote