ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #1426
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejohn View Post
Nice grab, Jerome. Did you take the day off today?
Yeah man! Found some great roads to ride in Lancaster.
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #1427
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Grab

On the new wheels!

Locted here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...19320&t=h&z=17

I think I saw actual buffalos there but otherwise I have no clue what this place does. Looks cool though.

After I took this, I had to pop start the bike. And then again just past the highway offramp. This new bike needs a battery. BAD. I knew it wasnt in the best condition, but I have learned now what dangers a bad battery can pose. Wont be doing that again.
mra32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #1428
Lamented OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Good stuff. Dig the new wheels. I still feel all bikes should come with kick starters!

Love the old tiger as well sloburban. I was so close to owning one of those a few times now....
Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #1429
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
I saw buffalo in that field when I was there. I sure would love to try their buffalo wings! Oh wait...

You can barely see it but that's some buffalo on the right.

sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #1430
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

had that sign you posted the picture of not been there, i might have thought they were just cows/steer. The 10ish creatures that were grazing were blocked by that pine tree in my shot. They would have been brown dots anyway.

On the way back, on RT 82, I also noticed 2 emus/ostriches on a farm. The signage of the place suggested they were an animal shelter or rescue or something of that nature. I think the cagers in front of me were just as shocked, but decided to hit their brakes and get a better look
Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #1431
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

And with the battery issue and my other bike needing a little wiring/reassembly, I think its safe to say that I wont be able to get a new tag up till Friday afternoon, so I encourage people to make a Bruce run. The roads out there are super good, Its less than a half mile from the Whip tavern tag sonofernest and myself placed a few weeks ago. Go explore. I did let the cat out of the bag with the link to the location, though. Thats ok, I dont feel bad, 10 seconds of google searching led me to it.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #1432
nuh uh no way
gutsy thumper

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mra32 View Post
Thats ok, I dont feel bad, 10 seconds of google searching led me to it.
likewise. it's hard to feel bad about posting the location when the tag shot contains the name of it.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #1433
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

Drop

Sorry for the delay. I think the kawasaki is still broke but I went out for a short test anyway.

This is a state park in Chester County...its a bit marshy if you ask me.

Keep your eyes on the road when you go here because I think, but I cant be certain, that over half the girls in bikinis are underage
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1434
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mra32 View Post
Sorry for the delay. I think the kawasaki is still broke but I went out for a short test anyway.

This is a state park in Chester County...its a bit marshy if you ask me.
My Suzuki is still broke, but I'm thinking I'm heading up to the dealer tomorrow and taking it out for the weekend anyway. If not, can I grab this tag with my canoe?
Bikehigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #1435
cyclejohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Sunday breakfast ?

Sorry to stray from the topic, but do any of you Philly folks go to the Sunday breakfast gathering in West Philly? http://www.chinonthetank.com/2010/07/every-sunday/
cyclejohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #1436
mra32
Gnarly Adventurer

Interesting. I'm always willing to get back to west philly. Lived there for 5 years, moved out about a year ago and missing the hell out of it already. If I'm free one of these weeks I'll definitely try to get out
Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #1437
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Grab

Marsh Creek State Park, east side boat launch.

Lots of people already there before 10:00 AM, but a bit too early for bikini babes.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #1438
Headcheckman
To many Ideers.

Oddometer: 476
Bruced and it is always by Bikehigh!

Got the knod to slow down by McHiP's commin in to the park. I think he cut me some slack because I was on a bike. (McHiP Marsh Creek Highway Patrol. lol) Nice to see you out and about Bikehigh. No bikinis when I was there either.
Attached Images

Headcheckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1439
WSikorski
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejohn View Post
Sorry to stray from the topic, but do any of you Philly folks go to the Sunday breakfast gathering in West Philly? http://www.chinonthetank.com/2010/07/every-sunday/
Hey John, Do you plan on going there this Sunday? The Wifey is hitting the outlets with her friend tomorrow and I'm looking for a reason to ride somewhere.
WSikorski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #1440
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Tag

Sorry for the delay. I had a tag all ready to post, but my research gave me less than zero, so I had to come up with a new tag. This on is better anyway.

In honor of this Memerial Day weekend which we are all hopefully enjoying, and the men and women who gained our nation's highest honor, the tag is the obelisk. One of 52. Find the right one.

This marker will be by the side of the path, letting you know you're at the right place.

The four sides of the obelisk.

Entering the grove, this is what you'll see. Both forks will lead you to the same place. To the right, the way I went in, there are two sections where some dirt has washed over the path. To the left, you'll have to deal with a slope with some gravel. Nothing close to impassable, but my preference would be to the right, as long as it hasn't rained.

I've poached the trails through this place many times. This is the first time I've come in through the front door. I saw no restrictions regarding access times posted, so depending on your lights, this could be a night grab.

And if you really think you'll need it, here's a map of the "grove". http://www.freedomsfoundation.org/pdf/MOHGroveMap.pdf