and another pic

Ok last one... for now
Attached Images

olyerhoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:28 AM   #497
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Hi Edgar, and welcome. Nice pics, you can post more than one, just click on the "insert image" icon for each pic.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:16 AM   #498
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,988
Some more oz AT photos

atgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:18 AM   #499
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Old 05-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #500
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 AM   #501
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 AM   #502
olyerhoek
n00b

Oddometer: 8
more oz!

Hi Greg,

awesome pic's, makes me wanne go back!.
And i will, hopefully very soon.
A already found some more of your photo's which brought back some great memories. One day while passing trough Margareth River, somehow by coincidence, we met the local AT rider (Paul B.)and we just HAD to stay at his place. According to him, he was the only AT rider in WA.
Last year, he came to Europe and traveled around on my AT. Great folks those fellow AT riders!

Anyway, how i came to this forum, The AT has been very thisty lately, around 13 km's on a litre (less then 35MPG) and will check, the airfilter and chokecables next weekend.
Another guy mentioned it could be a crack/tear in the diapragms, do you guys have any thoughts about this?

Cheers, Edgar
olyerhoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:39 PM   #503
Macosie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
awesome...

Greg... great pics.
Macosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:05 AM   #504
atgreg
Africatwinarama

AT 750 marathon from the 91 Dakar, mmmmmm,

Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #505
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyerhoek
Hi Greg,

awesome pic's, makes me wanne go back!.
And i will, hopefully very soon.
A already found some more of your photo's which brought back some great memories. One day while passing trough Margareth River, somehow by coincidence, we met the local AT rider (Paul B.)and we just HAD to stay at his place. According to him, he was the only AT rider in WA.
Last year, he came to Europe and traveled around on my AT. Great folks those fellow AT riders!

Anyway, how i came to this forum, The AT has been very thisty lately, around 13 km's on a litre (less then 35MPG) and will check, the airfilter and chokecables next weekend.
Another guy mentioned it could be a crack/tear in the diapragms, do you guys have any thoughts about this?

Cheers, Edgar
Hi Edgar,
I know paul B in WA, hope we see you in Oz and I can take you for some good rides . Ive got lots of Oz At photos on my website, have a look at www.atgreg.smugmug.com.

About your fuel consumption, Im having the same problem, my bike has gone from 15-16km/l to 12-13km/l over the last year. The chokes and the sirfilter are a good place to start, also the needles and needle jets (emulsion tubes) can wear in high miles and make the bike run rich, Im pulling my carbs apart this weekend and replacing them and checking the chokes etc, fingers crossed I can sort it out. Im not sure torn diaphrams would make the bike run rich but they would make the throttle response uneven and drop the power.
Greg
Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #506
Slimie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgreg
AT 750 marathon from the 91 Dakar, mmmmmm,

I really, REALLY, REALLY want that bike. REALLY

-Simon
Slimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #507
John K
Ambitious but rubbish

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimie
I really, REALLY, REALLY want that bike. REALLY
Not as badly as a lot of people here who've never even seen an Africa Twin, let alone ridden or owned one!
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #508
BillJones270
Good Times

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG125
Not as badly as a lot of people here who've never even seen an Africa Twin, let alone ridden or owned one!

Count me in if any of you lucky owners are offering rides
Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #509
beemer boy
Oh no, he's gone Asian

Oddometer: 869
Announcing AT triplets !!!!

Have always liked Africa Twins. My main ride is a KTM 950. When I was in Cambodia last year a friend wanted to sell his black 95 AT so I said sure. Six months later was in Phnom Penh and saw a mint condition 2001 red white and blue one. So I had to have that as well.

Then last month a friend of mine that has a small shop brougt in a 97 AT all in pieces fresh from Japan. I carefully looked at all the pieces scattered on the floor, and OF COURSE had to have that one as well. All original with 9k kilometers on the clock. All the original stickers on it, plus the original rubber on the pegs. He had it together in two days. Runs like a new bike. Really like the sound of the Remus pipe.

Seek medical help?? Nah too expensive. Since I live in motorcycle paradise in Thailand and have too many bikes I think the solution is to rent one them out. That way people will think I am still sort of sane. And yes that is my GS parked behind the latest AT............

beemer boy screwed with this post 05-30-2006 at 03:29 PM
beemer boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #510
rockt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer boy
Have always like Africa Twins. My main ride is a KTM 950. When I was in Cambodia last year a friend wanted to sell his black 95 so I said sure. Six months later was in Phnom Penh and saw a mint condition 2001 red white and blue one. So I had to have that as well.

Then last month a friend of mine that has a small shop brougt in a 97 AT all in pieces fresh from Japan. I carefully looked at all the pieces scattered on the floor, and OF COURSE had to have that one as well. All original with 9k kilometers on the clock. All the original stickers on it, plus the original rubber on the pegs. He had it together in two days. Runs like a new bike. Really like the sound of the Remus pipe.

Seek medical help?? Nah too expensive. Since I live in motorcycle paradise in Thailand and have too many bikes I think the solution is to rent one them out. That way people will think I am still sort of sane. And yes that is my GS parked behind the latest AT............

Can I be your friend?
rockt is offline   Reply With Quote