User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
hensmen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Bosnia& Montenegro revisited

Dear Damir, it is agreat story and i love your pictures, my father wanted to do a similar thing. He was born 1926 in a smal town near Ossjek and is a Donauschwabe. I know it is in some kind not to compare, but he is planning an adventure ride. He was nearly a boy, when he had to be a soldier, he was there saw and did unspoken things. He lost a lot, not only his home and grandparents and had to stay for five years in Russia, with two sisters. But he survived and this time as a soldier was his adventure,......, thats`the point. Now, with his 84 years, he wants to revisit his battlefields, with me in my BMW sidecar. We will see if it happens, my father is still doing motorsports, but with cars and he is very persuading, it is a special generation,have a good time with your father, hensmen.
hensmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #32
Ruud109
ADV rookie

Oddometer: 57
Thanks for a great RR and pictures. Brings back a lot of memories of visiting former Yugoslavia around 20 years ago! I remember a lot of placenames you mention!

Thanks
Ruud
Ruud109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #33
GreeKKTiNoS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
GreeKKTiNoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #34
konbit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thumb

Very nice trip!

I will visit Montenegro next week too.
konbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #35
Damir OP
AKA Pudla

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by konbit
Very nice trip!

I will visit Montenegro next week too.
We are in the middle of the heat wave here in SE Europe but I hope you will have nice time.

Tunisia ride report

Ukraine, Russia and Romania

Croatian Backroads
Damir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #36
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,642
Hello again Pudla,
I'm glad this re- surfaced to the front.
I missed it the first time.
Thanks for the nice memories of my trip there.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #37
zanardi
zanardi

Oddometer: 15
nice pics

Hi,

just read your ride report and pics.. i was in bosnia in 1995-96 with IFOR, as a canadian soldier, I was mainly in the BIHAC pocket, near prejidor, but had travelled all over. Its very nice to see that the country and area is back to normal and peace has returned. very beautiful areas you rode in.

safe riding !

troi

calgary, canada

BMW F800gs owner
zanardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
Damir OP
AKA Pudla

Oddometer: 379
I just came back from six days of riding in the Bosnia and Montenegro, so you can expect new Bosnia and Montenegro Re-revisited gravel edition RR.

Tunisia ride report

Ukraine, Russia and Romania

Croatian Backroads
Damir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #39
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir
I just came back from six days of riding in the Bosnia and Montenegro, so you can expect new Bosnia and Montenegro Re-revisited gravel edition RR.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #40
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981

I didn't see any rakjia?
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #41
KalV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensmen
Dear Damir, it is agreat story and i love your pictures, my father wanted to do a similar thing. He was born 1926 in a smal town near Ossjek and is a Donauschwabe. I know it is in some kind not to compare, but he is planning an adventure ride. He was nearly a boy, when he had to be a soldier, he was there saw and did unspoken things. He lost a lot, not only his home and grandparents and had to stay for five years in Russia, with two sisters. But he survived and this time as a soldier was his adventure,......, thats`the point. Now, with his 84 years, he wants to revisit his battlefields, with me in my BMW sidecar. We will see if it happens, my father is still doing motorsports, but with cars and he is very persuading, it is a special generation,have a good time with your father, hensmen.
Which town? I was born in Osijek and know lot of Donauschwaben, still living there, some of them are part of my family (last name Beer), friends... Give me a note and I will help You organizing trip! There are many nice places to visit!
KalV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #42
KalV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Dear Damir,

nice trip! Part of my planned route from June this Year...but I didn't managed to go over Trsa to Zabljak and Djurdjevica Tara (I got stucked for two days in Pluzine, because of a heavy storm and low clouds). I have changed my plan and went straight to Podgorica, Albania, Greece and back home through Macedonia and Serbia.
There was a nice bar&accomodation in Pluzine, with nice Medovina (honey wine) & fine music...which I recomend for overnight!

[IMG]%20By%20kalmarv%20at%202010-06-30[/IMG]

[IMG]%20By%20kalmarv%20at%202010-06-30[/IMG]
KalV is offline   Reply With Quote