Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #1
RMitch OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Yamaha XT600 / TT600R Engine Transplant Query

Hi Adv'ers!

I have recently brought my first adv bike, I didn't have much to spend but managed to get a '94 XT600 for a good price. The seller couldn't fire her when I was looking at it but I took a punt, got her home, adjusted the idle screw and she burst into life the 1st kick!

After looking for parts I quickly released that the engine was a '97(?) TT600R. Mechanically she runs great- the issue is the charging system.

I have to have a fully charged battery for it to run, but the battery is not charging according to my multimeter...

My initial thought was a fried rectifier, but before I ran out and brought a new one I was wondering if it could be the generator? I know the model that this engine came from didn't use a battery and had an eliminator in place so I'm not sure if the generator is able to charge a battery as well.

The wiring is still from the XT600 and had the XT CDI, regulator etc. Does anyone know if there is a difference in these between the models/years?

Hoping to get this sorted and the bike rego'd for summer!

Thanks all!

Roland
RMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #2
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
Hi Roland. If you don't get answers here, try posting your question in this thread. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673079

Good luck!