Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #166
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
Why do reviewers always say "We didn't really take it off road"?
Because, in this case, it was a factory event in Italy and there was no place to really take it off road. Patience my young Padawan. More information will come when the bikes are more available.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #167
Tome
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
The lack of info dealers get is pretty bad really. As far as I can tell they hear about it the same way as everyone else usually. Very little, if any, information is sent to the dealer before the press gets it which is a royal pain cause customer can go in and reel off info and the dealer is just like At least a factory spec list that the dealer can give out would be nice.
KTM are much the same, my local dealer didn't even know about the prototype 125 street bikes.

I agree with what people are saying about the reviews though, reporters love their 12GS and small angry full on enduro bikes but anything in between is meh to them.
Tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #168
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,227
I am pretty sure that Husqvarna isn't use to having people interested in their product. They are more intune with releasing the product then having interest build over time. Which happens just after the model year changes and the old bikes are seriously discounted.

Having said that, I am staring to think that Husky is becoming the new KTM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #169
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
KTM 690 has an inch or two less than my 07TE and I have ridden it extensively - never missed that inch.

Yeah, if I'm going to ride a bike with less travel I'd lean towards a 690 with an airbox I can live with.

I like a long travel suspension to cover up my mistakes, I'm not airing the thing out..it's when I screw up and G-out in a wash I didn't see that the longer suspension comes into play. I've used every last mm on my old '07 610.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #170
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck

Oddometer: 1,106
All of this makes me....

want to just spend my money building up a xr650r.
Buddy_Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #171
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Yeah, if I'm going to ride a bike with less travel I'd lean towards a 690 with an airbox I can live with.

I like a long travel suspension to cover up my mistakes, I'm not airing the thing out..it's when I screw up and G-out in a wash I didn't see that the longer suspension comes into play. I've used every last mm on my old '07 610.
You mean like this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505019
Old 04-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #172
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383

Yeah, paper filters are dumb for a dirt bike, we all know that. Can the air box be opened more than once on the 690? My 610 was an open once type of deal with dirt behind the filter every time I would pry the cover open far enough to drag the filter out.

I'm not a brand specific person, I choose the best at the moment and try to deal with it. That's why my 610 is gone and I'm on the XR650R and also why I'm hoping that the 630 turns out to be a pretty good bike.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #173
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 2,558
CYCLE
WORLD
Article here
http://www.cycleworld.com/article.as...rticle_id=2130

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Tagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #174
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Accessory Pics

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #175
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Motorcycle USA Article
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/135/65...irst-Ride.aspx

Old 04-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #176
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,545
Looks like the new design kickstand might fit on the pre'11 models. Cast, wider foot.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #177
larryboy
Paint it black.

The pics and articles we're seeing shows a suspension that is way too soft. This guy is obviously a midget and that swingarm is level.

Here is the 2007 that everybody whined about being too stiffly sprung. I'm ready to go for a month with 660 pounds pushing into the ground and enough suspension left to jump the thing.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #178
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,796
with the new 630 the tire/wheel could stuff into the sub-frame more than than with the old model. I recall reading that the sub-frame was re-designed. In addition the spring preload could be set soft and set up for a lighter rider weight.
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #179
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
My 610 was an open once type of deal with dirt behind the filter every time I would pry the cover open far enough to drag the filter out.
Larryboy, are you referring to the foam filter?

I don't have any problems with the air filter on my '09. I always grease the inside edge. The TE filter works as good as any other foam filter. I've even submersed it briefly. No water or dirt got behind the filter. The airbox cover could use some improvement though.
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #180
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho
Larryboy, are you referring to the foam filter?

I don't have any problems with the air filter on my '09. I always grease the inside edge. The TE filter works as good as any other foam filter. I've even submersed it briefly. No water or dirt got behind the filter. The airbox cover could use some improvement though.
Never had a problem with mine - I ride in Az - a dusty state and change it often - no dirt.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote