Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #181
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Never had a problem with mine - I ride in Az - a dusty state and change it often - no dirt.
Same with my 07 very dusty dirty desert riding ...no dirt behind the filter....knock on wood.
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #182
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Yeah, paper filters are dumb for a dirt bike, we all know that. Can the air box be opened more than once on the 690? My 610 was an open once type of deal with dirt behind the filter every time I would pry the cover open far enough to drag the filter out.

I'm not a brand specific person, I choose the best at the moment and try to deal with it. That's why my 610 is gone and I'm on the XR650R and also why I'm hoping that the 630 turns out to be a pretty good bike.
Maybe the striped nuts on your cover prevented you from getting the filter positioned correctly?

I guess I am lucky - 10,500 miles on OEM clutch cable, air box cover nuts work fine - wheel bearings still good - stock drive chain went 10,000 miles - the only thing that disappointed me was the throttle cable - had to replace at 8500 miles and $70.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #183
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
The pics and articles we're seeing shows a suspension that is way too soft. This guy is obviously a midget and that swingarm is level.

Here is the 2007 that everybody whined about being too stiffly sprung. I'm ready to go for a month with 660 pounds pushing into the ground and enough suspension left to jump the thing.

Wow 660 lbs - that a heavy load.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #184
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Maybe the striped nuts on your cover prevented you from getting the filter positioned correctly?

I guess I am lucky - 10,500 miles on OEM clutch cable, air box cover nuts work fine - wheel bearings still good - stock drive chain went 10,000 miles - the only thing that disappointed me was the throttle cable - had to replace at 8500 miles and $70.

I like to service the filter every 1,000 miles or so...I was exaggerating a little bit there. I was able to get the cover off for the first 5 or 6 thousand miles and everything was working right..dirt behind the filter every single time from new. When the plastic stripped out I took the thing apart and put nutserts in it and that worked a couple of times. I really hated that airbox and on the last trip I jammed a filter in there slathered in grease around the edges like always and just ignored it for 6500 miles.

Gimme a break guys, we all know I'm not the only one that had trouble with that airbox.

Anybody seen a 630 in person yet?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #185
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Wow 660 lbs - that a heavy load.

That was typical as I only used that bike for the big trips. With 5 gallons of gas the bike was 360 on a certified scale, I was a little lighter in that picture as I didn't have an extra tire at the moment.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #186
larryboy
Paint it black.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #187
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,032
I checked it out at Eurobike in Loveland, Co the other day. It may be there only one and so they weren't willing to negotiate at all at this point.

It looks a tad more street biased than the 610. The front suspension looked better than my KTM 690 for off road and the back was about the same as the KTM. I'm confused on the dual exhaust - those cans look heavy and I'm sure you could drop 8 lbs by going to one... 12 by going to one Ti.
No skid plate (but lots of places/ways to connect)- best mirrors I've seen on a dual sport. Stock seat is way more comfy than the KTM 690. The tail section feels pretty solid - not too hard to mount luggage back there. Has a good 55/60 watt headlight as well. The front fender/beak almost looks like it got some styling cues from BMW :)

Its a great looking bike! I wouldn't buy it without a test drive and they weren't willing to do that ....
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #188
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 2,558
More Pics

More here
http://billshusky.com/archives/category/events

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Tagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #189
Tome
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Front fender looks like the one on the 610 SM to me lol.

I like it though Just want a go on it!
Tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #190
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

touratech-usa.com have a page for the TE 630 set up. nothing on it but I found it interesting enough to share
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1019/TE_630

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #191
[Savior]
n00b

Oddometer: 4
2nd pic. Are these the original mufflers? they look very ... open to me
[Savior] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #192
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Savior]
2nd pic. Are these the original mufflers? they look very ... open to me
In the picture properties the pic is named Leo something, so I'd guess they are Leo Vince pipes.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #193
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Quote:
In the picture properties the pic is named Leo something, so I'd guess they are Leo Vince pipes.
Yep they sure are. go to the link I posted
http://billshusky.com/archives/category/events
TBH I like the look of the Arrows thet are supposed to be an option better

Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #194
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,348
Bill Farrell (BMP)set up one of his with Leo Vince aftermarket type muffs and removed the Lamba plug. I took if for a short test ride today. Doesn't feel heavier than my 08 while doing lock to lock manuevers or out on the street. The weight has been a big concern of mine. It is geared slightly higher but still feels "plenty spunky"
There are many small improvments to this bike.

Very nice!

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #195
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT

Spoke to my local dealer today. He rang Huskey Australia and was told "The 630 will be in at end of June, start of July" That works out great for me. But I would still like to know what the service interviles are. If its making %20 more power surely it has to be serviced more often