ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns
DUH! to add MORE weight, my stock can is HEAVY , why not add another.

Hope that is SM only and not on the Enduro. I drop mine enough as is....don't want to ding up BOTH pipes
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #17
kyns
Beastly Adventurer
 
kyns's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Finland West coast
Oddometer: 1,936
Does it weigh 158 kg? As commented on Youtube. If so, kinda heavy!

Looks like the engine block is the same as 610, with some redesigned side covers? And similar head as in 510.

kyns screwed with this post 11-10-2009 at 12:45 PM
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
DUH! to add MORE weight, my stock can is HEAVY , why not add another.

Hope that is SM only and not on the Enduro. I drop mine enough as is....don't want to ding up BOTH pipes
Why not see it positive - whatever weight spec they end up with, you can probably shed around 5 kgs pretty easily. The stock pipe sucks on pretty much all street legal bikes anyway. Cats, heavy, too quiet, restrictive etc.
__________________
Currently going RTW on a KTM 690 Rally, trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #19
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
Oddometer: 2,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by london610


--mark
__________________
'11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '03 Honda XR650L / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #20
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8
 
fritzcoinc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Oddometer: 6,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns
Dual exhaust is cool....................
__________________
Regards
Fritzcoinc
96 XR650L, 96 Guzzi Sport, 07 BMW K1200GT,
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #21
rwamf
Follow me
 
rwamf's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Odessa TX USA
Oddometer: 1,351
Looks like a Hydraulic Clutch, looks like they closed off the lower Airbox vents, TE weighs in at 330lbs(150kg) don't know if that is dry or wet, still has the six speed, Not that much has changed, same 12l tank, may be a better seat??????, 20% more power should be good, engine now 600cc. looks like a better kick stand, looks to be a cast unit. Lets hope it has a REAL Headlight not a wimpy 35 watt one like my 06 had.
Still no factory skid plate.

__________________
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ RWE
Robert

rwamf homepage

rwamf screwed with this post 11-10-2009 at 12:54 PM
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #22
Iceveign
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Iceveign's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Mesquite, Texas
Oddometer: 124
I don't know what I was expecting but this is the bike I was really interested in seeing(TE630). My initial feeling is just, ok I guess, just from the looks, but I need to read more about the specs and so forth when ever they release them to have a better opinion of this. Not that excited about dual exhaust on a dual sport, while it may look cool, is it practical for most dual sport riders?
I would imagine there would be a 2 into 1 aftermarket exhaust for us to buy down the road, so maybe not really an issue. I'm not as jazzed as I thought I would be, but that usually changes over time.
Iceveign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #23
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior
 
clapped_r6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Ridgefield, WA
Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceveign
Not that excited about dual exhaust on a dual sport, while it may look cool, is it practical for most dual sport riders?
hey, it's hard to muffle a performance thumper. if it makes it quieter, i'm all for it
__________________
none of us is as dumb as all of us
clapped_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
rwamf
Follow me
 
rwamf's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Odessa TX USA
Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapped_r6
hey, it's hard to muffle a performance thumper. if it makes it quieter, i'm all for it
+1 as the current ones are way too loud IMO
My 06 was terrible for a stock bike. only one of the reasons I sold it.
__________________
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ RWE
Robert

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceveign
I don't know what I was expecting but this is the bike I was really interested in seeing(TE630). My initial feeling is just, ok I guess, just from the looks, but I need to read more about the specs and so forth when ever they release them to have a better opinion of this. Not that excited about dual exhaust on a dual sport, while it may look cool, is it practical for most dual sport riders?
I would imagine there would be a 2 into 1 aftermarket exhaust for us to buy down the road, so maybe not really an issue. I'm not as jazzed as I thought I would be, but that usually changes over time.
It appears the 2 goes almost to the left muffler and must split just before hand to go to the right side muffler. Why I have no idea, but a 2-1 should be a simple in the aftermarket.

Mine is loud with the Leo, but the stocker is HEAVY and a power hog. I see no reason why this model would be any different in the hi-perf DS market. They have to be able to sell it and meet EPA criteria.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
Lav1200
Pig Pen
 
Lav1200's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Oddometer: 1,223
Looks good - but the proof will be in the details. Have they corrected the goofy footpegs, airbox fasteners, wimpy headlight, subframe design, etc. Can't wait to see one in the flesh to give a closer inspection.
Lav1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #27
canadaler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
canadaler's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Southern Ontario
Oddometer: 339
Good thing about that dual exhaust is that if you swap it over to a single, there will already be brackets and space available on the right to make up and install a small gas tank. Probably could get you another 4-5 liters.

As far as comparing the (claimed dry) weight with others...

KTM 690 139kg
Honda XR650L 147kg
Honda XR650R 126kg
KLR 650 175kg
Husaberg FE570 115kg
__________________
'10 Gas Gas EC300
'08 Husaberg FE550
'09 Husqvarna TXC250
'84 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Tuareg Rally 2009
canadaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #28
Tagati OP
tEAM iDIOT
 
Tagati's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
Oddometer: 2,642
Could it be like some other bikes where one can is the cat?
__________________
This is not a link

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Tagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #29
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwamf
Looks like a Hydraulic Clutch, looks like they closed off the lower Airbox vents, TE weighs in at 330lbs(150kg) don't know if that is dry or wet, still has the six speed, Not that much has changed, same 12l tank, may be a better seat??????, 20% more power should be good, engine now 600cc. looks like a better kick stand, looks to be a cast unit. Lets hope it has a REAL Headlight not a wimpy 35 watt one like my 06 had.
Still no factory skid plate.
The stock TE610 weighs in at 296 dry - 317 filled up with fluids.

From this guy's web site - he is pretty meticulous.

http://www.rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm

Weigh-in
I checked the sight glass to make sure the correct amount of oil was in the engine/tranny and then checked the coolant overflow bottle. Spot on!
I emptied the gas tank and weighed the bike; it weighed 296 pounds. The bike was stone stock with no mods, fluids topped up, and the gas tank was empty. After filling with 3.25 gallons of gas, the TE weighed 317 pounds.


I would hate to think the new bike gained 30 pounds.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #30
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,359
I wonder if I can bolt that kick stand on my 07 TE610?
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014