Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #3631
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Seems like some of this story is missing since you are one, if not the only, that has this problem and feels this way.
Yes being the only one with this problem makes it hard for huski to accept or workout what is really going on.My wiring is corroded in the loom,the wires have gone black.This has only been discovered by the guys working on my bike when map sensor failed for the 3rd time.Water was getting into the connecting plug at the tp s.A new throttle body was fitted,you cannot buy the tp s assembly separately.600 km later it went again.Water in there again, another TB and a new seal was fitted.300km later it goes again.Water residue in the plug.Only road riding in light rain.This time a another plug was sent they strip the wires back to solder it on and find the wiring corroded.So my bike sits ,no looms available here.Might have another sensor.I leave in a few days for a ride that i had brought and was setting the bike up for.I have been told it won't be ready and they wouldn't trust it if was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOBOB View Post
He's detailed his problems on CafeHusky. I think it's a case of dealer incompetence/run around. Sucks in any event, I'm sure he'd like to be riding his bike.

Yes i would love to be riding it.
The dealers have been great.
It is the distributor/warranty mob over here that has not been helpful.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #3632
DYNOBOB
lucky dog

Oddometer: 866
Will, Speaking as a bystander, it seems to me the dealer should have found the problem after the second "bad" tps. No one else has had one bad tps, much less two (or three). I wouldn't be surprised if none of the tps' have actually been bad. I can believe water got into the plug causing corrosion/resistance and improper tps values going to the computer. I could also believe you've had an intermittent short in the wire harness and may have some burned wires. My point would be, the dealer should have been digging deeper after the first replacement tps didn't fix the problem.

It's pretty common in all types of vehicle repair to throw parts at the problem instead of making the effort to pinpoint the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor/warranty people feel like this is whats happening and are reluctant to keep playing. It is hard though to manage the relationship w/ a dealer and not alienate them.

Hope they get if figured out this time but I sure wouldn't blame you gave up on the 630. Keep us updated and get some pics of the "black" wire harness if you can, it may help someone else.

DYNOBOB screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 03:28 PM
DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #3633
chevmekanik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I have seen the black wire plague before, it can be frustrating to diagnose, if left long enough I have found the wire corrode bad enough to create an open, while still leaving the insulation on the wire pristine looking.Thankfully I have not encountered this on my 630, although I have used dielectric grease on all connections after hearing of this issue with others.
chevmekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #3634
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOBOB View Post
Will, Speaking as a bystander, it seems to me the dealer should have found the problem after the second "bad" tps. No one else has had one bad tps, much less two (or three). I wouldn't be surprised if none of the tps' have actually been bad. I can believe water got into the plug causing corrosion/resistance and improper tps values going to the computer. I could also believe you've had an intermittent short in the wire harness and may have some burned wires. My point would be, the dealer should have been digging deeper after the first replacement tps didn't fix the problem.

It's pretty common in all types of vehicle repair to throw parts at the problem instead of making the effort to pinpoint the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor/warranty people feel like this is whats happening and are reluctant to keep playing. It is hard though to manage the relationship w/ a dealer and not alienate them.

Hope they get if figured out this time but I sure wouldn't blame you gave up on the 630. Keep us updated and get some pics of the "black" wire harness if you can, it may help someone else.

I agree with what you are saying.The thing is a warranty claim for a new loom was denied originally. The distrib has only fronted one tb,the dealer the rest. Now the ball game has changed.They are supplying a 610 loom which will need repinning at the ecu and another sensor,all they have at short notice.I will try to get some pics .The wire is corroded the full length inside the sheath.Luckily i've had a mate clued up on this sort of stuff that convinced them to look further into wiring/plug this time.
Not giving up but not sure i could trust the bike this time for the ride.Bit of a shame.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #3635
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 888
Have a few parts for sale (center stand, cargo rack, exhaust, etc.) if anyone is interested.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882909
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #3636
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 779
Another one bites the dust. That's 2 blown Husky engines within 2 weeks of each other! While neither of them are my bikes, they are owned by the only 2 guys I ride dual-sport with . I'm rebuilding the TE250:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Does anyone know of an engine builder/ shop that specializes in Husky's who's brain I could pick before ordering parts?

BTW I did finally find a source for online parts diagrams here: http://www.husqvarnaoutlet.com/oem_parts

The 630 (pictured below) blew the head gasket going down the highway. It wasn't acting up or making funny noises, it just started losing power and 5 seconds later (while he got to the side of the road) it was done. The 630 is still under warranty so we trucked it down to the dealer ~3 hours away and they jumped right on it. Tri County Powersports in Moorpark CA http://www.tri-countypowersports.com/ has been great. The mechanic there sent these pictures:

melted side of cylinder:

melted edge of head:

chewed up piston:

Warranty coverage has already been approved for a new cylinder/ piston/ head, they are going to take a deeper look into the bottom end just incase. Looks like a few parts are on back order, hopefully that is not a sign of things to come from Husky!
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #3637
DYNOBOB
lucky dog

Once repaired, I'd recommend someone verify the bike isn't running lean. When stock mine was very lean on the big end, even with the PU kit. If he mistakenly got regular octane fuel/bad fuel it would be even worse. Did it have a fuel programmer?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #3638
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 779
No programmer, just a power-up kit and de-catted stock muffler (custom single exhaust collector, left side only) The JD tuner was the next purchase on his list!
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #3639
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,731
I think I ate a head gasket last weekend as well. Over 8,000 trouble free miles to date.
Bike will be going in to Tri-Valley in the next week or so. Husky warranty is up, but for some reason I bought an extended plan. Hope that pays off..
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #3640
DYNOBOB
lucky dog

What were your symptoms John?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #3641
johngil
Reseda, CA

Bike got was down on power and would overheat under load. Puked coolant and oil looks like shit, although I haven't drained it yet. Running the bike with the radiator cap removed showed some pretty big bubbles coming up through the coolant (which is pretty dark).

We'll see...
Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #3642
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
Bike got was down on power and would overheat under load. Puked coolant and oil looks like shit, although I haven't drained it yet. Running the bike with the radiator cap removed showed some pretty big bubbles coming up through the coolant (which is pretty dark).

We'll see...

running just the power up kit or do you have the JD programmer also?
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #3643
johngil
Reseda, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
running just the power up kit or do you have the JD programmer also?
JD and no lean spots.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #3644
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
anyone here ever ground down their steering stops and tapped it? i am thinking about doing that to mine, unsure how hard or possible it might be
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #3645
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
JD and no lean spots.

I forget the specs...is the 630 almost 13:1 compression like the 610? Might be worth it on the rebuild to use a thicker head gasket to drop the compression a bit.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote