User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #841
deepcdiver
Nobody Special

Oddometer: 778
Scott damper...

I just fitted a Scott damper to my TE610, plug and play off the shelf installation, very easy. They will have a Safari tank shortly so the same kit, possibly with a different top half piece to the pin tower, will fit both the 610 and 630. Also they changed the pinch bolt on the neck clamp so it no longer interferes with the steering lock on the 630.

Two bolts hold the upper and lower half of the pin tower together, so one does NOT need to pull the triple tree to remove the tank. This tower pin has a tab running aft and the tank mounting bolt passes though it, very secure.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #842
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,697
New boy to the thread here. I'm looking at the 630 as a possible replacement for my KLR, but wanted the Wolfman Expedition dry saddle bags for both the 630 and my WR. Might be old news, but both Wolfman and Berg Briggs (maker of the racks) said the 630 racks should be out this Spring.
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #843
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,632
Are we going to have to call you Margaret Whitlam?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #844
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Cling to that dream. I admire the ideal, but I would't bet my hard earned money that a KTM, Mercedes, Chevy, or even a fricken Winchester are 100% American or Chinese free nowadays.
Turn it up mate. If you're a discerning buyer it's easy to get good stuff from Europe and the us.

Most hi end stereo is euro plus all my kitchen applies are American and or English.

Keep buying shit if YOU want, there's heaps of non Chinese stuff out there.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #845
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
It has been a little quiet around here... Whadayareckon.

against all odds!!
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #846
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO View Post
I would like to see some new shots of the safari tank installed, anyone get one yet?
Yes, I'd like to know the same.

I looked at Safari's website for info, precious little there. The price is mind numbing (~$750 US before shipping), but whatcha gonna say if there aren't any other options?

It is a huge step in making the 630 into a proper Adventure bike.

As for comparing the TE630 to a KLR650, it's a natural comparison even though they obviously are not equal, pay more to get more, makes sense to me. Now that there is a fuel tank option it can be considered for long distance rides....... like so many do on a KLR.

I test rode one and came away suitably impressed to be interested for a future purchase. I would like to know how much the power improves after "uncorking"? Stock it wasn't quite the monster I thought it might be.
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #847
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Turn it up mate. If you're a discerning buyer it's easy to get good stuff from Europe and the us.

Most hi end stereo is euro plus all my kitchen applies are American and or English.

Keep buying shit if YOU want, there's heaps of non Chinese stuff out there.

Um, you might want to re-read my post. You can buy all the European or American made "Quality" you want. Very very little will not have (lots of) component parts made in China/india/thailand/vietnam.

Ever wonder why a Harley has Metric bolts on the Brakes? That Made in America Bike has parts sourced all over the world.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #848
jtemple
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Yes, I'd like to know the same.

I looked at Safari's website for info, precious little there. The price is mind numbing (~$750 US before shipping), but whatcha gonna say if there aren't any other options?

It is a huge step in making the 630 into a proper Adventure bike.

As for comparing the TE630 to a KLR650, it's a natural comparison even though they obviously are not equal, pay more to get more, makes sense to me. Now that there is a fuel tank option it can be considered for long distance rides....... like so many do on a KLR.

I test rode one and came away suitably impressed to be interested for a future purchase. I would like to know how much the power improves after "uncorking"? Stock it wasn't quite the monster I thought it might be.
Just the power-up kit alone, about $40 in parts makes a night & day difference in how the 630 runs. That's all I've done to mine, and I'm happy. Next year, exhaust is on the menu.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #849
jtemple
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
New boy to the thread here. I'm looking at the 630 as a possible replacement for my KLR, but wanted the Wolfman Expedition dry saddle bags for both the 630 and my WR. Might be old news, but both Wolfman and Berg Briggs (maker of the racks) said the 630 racks should be out this Spring.
I'm going with a Giant Loop setup on mine.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #850
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Just the power-up kit alone, about $40 in parts makes a night & day difference in how the 630 runs. That's all I've done to mine, and I'm happy. Next year, exhaust is on the menu.
+1, the difference in power with the power-up is astonishing. Makes me wonder if Journalists test them with out without
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #851
jtemple
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
+1, the difference in power with the power-up is astonishing. Makes me wonder if Journalists test them with out without
I'd guess with the PU kit. The bike idles like shit without it. I couldn't even set the idle on mine. It was so all-over-the-place, I couldn't really tell where it was when adjusting. With the PU kit installed, I got the idle tweaked to a steady 1650 RPM.

Either that, or they're tuning them with an iBeat before testing, to stop them from running so lean.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #852
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'd guess with the PU kit. The bike idles like shit without it. I couldn't even set the idle on mine. It was so all-over-the-place, I couldn't really tell where it was when adjusting. With the PU kit installed, I got the idle tweaked to a steady 1650 RPM.

Either that, or they're tuning them with an iBeat before testing, to stop them from running so lean.
I'd guess with too, but it almost seems like fraud if they do. OTOH if they run them stock and get a 'ok' review, I wonder if they'd rave over a 'real' one. It would be nice if the review stated, and they rarely do.
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #853
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 371
Quote:

This Husky & Power-Up Kit necessity just baffles me.
Why the hell do they need to resort to that kind of system, really? They cannot produce an EFI setup to pass the Euro/whatnot emissions regulations without making the bike unrideable in real world situation?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #854
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,632
Hey Finn, the stock XCH wasn't much better until mods were done to the air filter, filter cover, exhaust etc.

If the 630 only needs a power-up change to make it good then I would prefer that to doing what we had to do to our bikes and it should save a heap of money too.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #855
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Hey Finn, the stock XCH wasn't much better until mods were done to the air filter, filter cover, exhaust etc.

If the 630 only needs a power-up change to make it good then I would prefer that to doing what we had to do to our bikes and it should save a heap of money too.
Same question: Did BMW basically 'lie' to reporters or did they let them ride a totally crap bike. And maybe that's why the XC sales were poor
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale