Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
DakarBlues OP
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,280
F800GS german tuning

Folks,

I yet to hear about the 800GS engine being tuned in.
Come on, this machine comes from Germany, the land of Alpina, Schnitzer, AMG and other potent tuners.
Why is it that nobody has extracted yet a quintessential 10 or 15 supplemental hp and flattened even more so the torque curve of this great stead?

Is there any tuner down there proposing, high performance maps, big bore cylinder of other performance bits?

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
RAD800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Wasn't there an italian company doing this stuff? in sure there was, they had a bike that looked pretty cut up and striiped down to look more enduro than tournig. They didn't have anything full on engine wise but they had 18' wheels, cooling stuff ect.
My biggest want is something to fill the gap between the headlight and a high guard and look half decent, but ill keep dreaming.

RAD800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Cacciatore3
xxx

Oddometer: 7
More power for the f800gs

Im looking for the same thing...more power for the F800gs...SOS!!!
Cacciatore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
You can get 93 HP from the F650GS + F800GS with different cams and mapping, and 105 HP with different cams, mapping, airbox mods, and a full exhaust system.

Get in touch with Andreas Reh in Germany, http://www.rehcing.com/
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
norseXL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD800 View Post
Wasn't there an italian company doing this stuff? in sure there was, they had a bike that looked pretty cut up and striiped down to look more enduro than tournig. They didn't have anything full on engine wise but they had 18' wheels, cooling stuff ect.
My biggest want is something to fill the gap between the headlight and a high guard and look half decent, but ill keep dreaming.
Yepp, its called Husqvarna
Old 07-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarBlues View Post
Folks,

I yet to hear about the 800GS engine being tuned in.
Come on, this machine comes from Germany, the land of Alpina, Schnitzer, AMG and other potent tuners.
Why is it that nobody has extracted yet a quintessential 10 or 15 supplemental hp and flattened even more so the torque curve of this great stead?

Is there any tuner down there proposing, high performance maps, big bore cylinder of other performance bits?
Who really needs it? ;-)

Tapatalk
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Cacciatore3
xxx

Oddometer: 7
Wicked

Thankyou Lukas.
I had followed the link that you placed but there is no way to contact them, please can you give me an email or phone number??
93HP will be great.
Cacciatore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacciatore3 View Post
Thankyou Lukas.
I had followed the link that you placed but there is no way to contact them, please can you give me an email or phone number??
93HP will be great.

Phone number and email are here:
http://rehcing.com/impressum

+49 2772 646690
info(at)rehcing.com (replace with @ sign)

German country code is +49 but you might have to dial a 1 before from South America, not sure?

Let us know what you find out.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,480
I would love to buy a set of 900 ( nuda ) pistons........ then bore the cylinders.......re nikasil them..... and go from there with a pc-5....and auto tune...... Yum..... I mean wruuummm....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I would love to buy a set of 900 ( nuda ) pistons........ then bore the cylinders.......re nikasil them..... and go from there with a pc-5....and auto tune...... Yum..... I mean wruuummm....
I'm idly toying with the idea of finding a nuda engine and building my own F900GS ... since BMW don't want to do it. Not sure about the legalities though.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane View Post
I'm idly toying with the idea of finding a nuda engine and building my own F900GS ... since BMW don't want to do it. Not sure about the legalities though.
The first step on my DRZ was a bigger carb, and BB....reaised it from 400 to 440.... The results were amazing... From 32.5 to 40 rwhp on the dyno..... Torque was fantastic.... Then later came the stroker crank.... cam's...even bigger carb... pipe , head porting.... and it now yields 55 rwhp...... simply a hoot..., So I can just imagine what the from 800 to 900 would do.... If there is room for the extra few mm's of bore.... I know a place that properly could do it in Denver, with the plating included..... no piston clearance issue... That I could think of.... Yum.....

Erling
Old 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

The first step would be to measure the cylinder wall....to make sure there would be enough room for the bore...... Anyone knows??????

Erling
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
You can get 93 HP from the F650GS + F800GS with different cams and mapping, and 105 HP with different cams, mapping, airbox mods, and a full exhaust system.

Get in touch with Andreas Reh in Germany, http://www.rehcing.com/
interesting... already in touch, maybe sth for the winter...
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,487
I doubt if the Nuda pistons will work. The Nuda gets its displacement with a 2mm bore job and 4.5mm stroked crankshaft.

A 2mm bore job alone is not going to be close to 900cc. The bore is nikasil, so add $250x2 to have that done. A stroker crank may mean the piston pin placement might be different than the 800 piston.

A rebore and a stroked crank, along with a different firing order. (360 degrees vs 315 x 415 degrees) is going to require a different ignition profile and FI timing. I can only guess what those parts are going to run.

To expensive for me, so I will wait and see if BMW just uses the engine at some point.

I think they will. Triumph can claim more HP, though it makes no difference until you get past 100 mph. KTM is supposedly introducing a 1090cc adventure bike for 2013. HP still sells, though I would prefer a weight loss program.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

I agree on the stroker crank part..... I don't want to go there..... But a 2 mm bore.....I would take in a heart beat..... That would be huge ..... about 850cc which would be significant.....

Erling