ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
DakarBlues OP
One-everythinged man
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The pink lake less circled
Oddometer: 1,280
F800GS german tuning

Folks,

I yet to hear about the 800GS engine being tuned in.
Come on, this machine comes from Germany, the land of Alpina, Schnitzer, AMG and other potent tuners.
Why is it that nobody has extracted yet a quintessential 10 or 15 supplemental hp and flattened even more so the torque curve of this great stead?

Is there any tuner down there proposing, high performance maps, big bore cylinder of other performance bits?
__________________
He, whose nuts skim the ground while airborne, won't crash very far!


Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
RAD800
Studly Adventurer
 
RAD800's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: northern NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 895
Wasn't there an italian company doing this stuff? in sure there was, they had a bike that looked pretty cut up and striiped down to look more enduro than tournig. They didn't have anything full on engine wise but they had 18' wheels, cooling stuff ect.
My biggest want is something to fill the gap between the headlight and a high guard and look half decent, but ill keep dreaming.
__________________




RAD800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Cacciatore3
xxx
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: LIMA Per
Oddometer: 7
More power for the f800gs

Im looking for the same thing...more power for the F800gs...SOS!!!
Cacciatore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,333
You can get 93 HP from the F650GS + F800GS with different cams and mapping, and 105 HP with different cams, mapping, airbox mods, and a full exhaust system.




Get in touch with Andreas Reh in Germany, http://www.rehcing.com/
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
norseXL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
norseXL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: On a rock called Norway
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD800 View Post
Wasn't there an italian company doing this stuff? in sure there was, they had a bike that looked pretty cut up and striiped down to look more enduro than tournig. They didn't have anything full on engine wise but they had 18' wheels, cooling stuff ect.
My biggest want is something to fill the gap between the headlight and a high guard and look half decent, but ill keep dreaming.
Yepp, its called Husqvarna
__________________
Weiter, weiter ins Verderben. Wir mssen leben bis wir sterben.
Rammstein.
norseXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
OnkelPopanz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarBlues View Post
Folks,

I yet to hear about the 800GS engine being tuned in.
Come on, this machine comes from Germany, the land of Alpina, Schnitzer, AMG and other potent tuners.
Why is it that nobody has extracted yet a quintessential 10 or 15 supplemental hp and flattened even more so the torque curve of this great stead?

Is there any tuner down there proposing, high performance maps, big bore cylinder of other performance bits?
Who really needs it? ;-)



**************************

Tapatalk
OnkelPopanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Cacciatore3
xxx
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: LIMA Per
Oddometer: 7
Wicked

Thankyou Lukas.
I had followed the link that you placed but there is no way to contact them, please can you give me an email or phone number??
93HP will be great.
Cacciatore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacciatore3 View Post
Thankyou Lukas.
I had followed the link that you placed but there is no way to contact them, please can you give me an email or phone number??
93HP will be great.

Phone number and email are here:
http://rehcing.com/impressum

+49 2772 646690
info(at)rehcing.com (replace with @ sign)

German country code is +49 but you might have to dial a 1 before from South America, not sure?


Let us know what you find out.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,480
I would love to buy a set of 900 ( nuda ) pistons........ then bore the cylinders.......re nikasil them..... and go from there with a pc-5....and auto tune...... Yum..... I mean wruuummm....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!
 
Ducksbane's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Northern NSW
Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I would love to buy a set of 900 ( nuda ) pistons........ then bore the cylinders.......re nikasil them..... and go from there with a pc-5....and auto tune...... Yum..... I mean wruuummm....
I'm idly toying with the idea of finding a nuda engine and building my own F900GS ... since BMW don't want to do it. Not sure about the legalities though.
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Bourke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane View Post
I'm idly toying with the idea of finding a nuda engine and building my own F900GS ... since BMW don't want to do it. Not sure about the legalities though.
The first step on my DRZ was a bigger carb, and BB....reaised it from 400 to 440.... The results were amazing... From 32.5 to 40 rwhp on the dyno..... Torque was fantastic.... Then later came the stroker crank.... cam's...even bigger carb... pipe , head porting.... and it now yields 55 rwhp...... simply a hoot..., So I can just imagine what the from 800 to 900 would do.... If there is room for the extra few mm's of bore.... I know a place that properly could do it in Denver, with the plating included..... no piston clearance issue... That I could think of.... Yum.....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,480
The first step would be to measure the cylinder wall....to make sure there would be enough room for the bore...... Anyone knows??????
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wipe-out's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
You can get 93 HP from the F650GS + F800GS with different cams and mapping, and 105 HP with different cams, mapping, airbox mods, and a full exhaust system.

Get in touch with Andreas Reh in Germany, http://www.rehcing.com/
interesting... already in touch, maybe sth for the winter...
__________________
wipe-out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer
 
itsatdm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 4,487
I doubt if the Nuda pistons will work. The Nuda gets its displacement with a 2mm bore job and 4.5mm stroked crankshaft.

A 2mm bore job alone is not going to be close to 900cc. The bore is nikasil, so add $250x2 to have that done. A stroker crank may mean the piston pin placement might be different than the 800 piston.

A rebore and a stroked crank, along with a different firing order. (360 degrees vs 315 x 415 degrees) is going to require a different ignition profile and FI timing. I can only guess what those parts are going to run.

To expensive for me, so I will wait and see if BMW just uses the engine at some point.

I think they will. Triumph can claim more HP, though it makes no difference until you get past 100 mph. KTM is supposedly introducing a 1090cc adventure bike for 2013. HP still sells, though I would prefer a weight loss program.
__________________
BMW Motorrad USA customer service: "We make superior motorcycles and continue to improve them."
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,480
I agree on the stroker crank part..... I don't want to go there..... But a 2 mm bore.....I would take in a heart beat..... That would be huge ..... about 850cc which would be significant.....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014