ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #3631
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,171
I cant comment on roadway work since I dont mess with that crap. I worked on the bridges and the retaining walls. Y'all want answers call MDOT since they are the people in charge.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #3632
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
What's the latest on the Lake Harbour flyover? I saw y'all working on it years ago and I keep hearing rumors about it still being studied from time to time... (And just wait for the 5 laning of Old Fannin to start any day now... That will mess up my commute, too!)
That is dead right now as far as I know. $$$
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #3633
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
Any explanation for why they thought they needed another lane between those exits? I almost never see any slowdown in that area with the existing 3. The place I always see traffic getting choked is in the evenings on I-55 northbound where it goes under I-220, where it goes from 3 lanes to 2 (the back to 3+ half a mile later). To me it would ease congestion so much more if they'd have just widened that one spot to 3
Widening those bridges further could cause vertical clearance issues on the loop underneath off 220. Since those 55 bridges are in a curve (super elevation is involved). It's not that simple to widen bridges in a curve when a roadway goes under neath said bridge. I have not looked at it closely but the above would be my guess since they half ass widened it not long ago.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3634
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer
 
CrashDummy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Madison, MS
Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Widening those bridges further could cause vertical clearance issues on the loop underneath off 220. Since those 55 bridges are in a curve (super elevation is involved). It's not that simple to widen bridges in a curve when a roadway goes under neath said bridge. I have not looked at it closely but the above would be my guess since they half ass widened it not long ago.
Yeah, I figured it would be expensive to widen that bridge. Still seems wasteful to do what they're doing, having all those lanes after a 2 lane bottleneck.

New plan: Post this sign, then repaint the lines leading up to the bridge.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #3635
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer
 
vfrgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 787
Bad planning 30 years ago is the real reason the 220 fly over(if I recall correctly, it had design flaws when built that delayed its opening) area is as it is. Although, the problem there is way better than the Lakeland issue(s).
__________________
G2

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #3636
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
Bad planning 30 years ago is the real reason the 220 fly over(if I recall correctly, it had design flaws when built that delayed its opening) area is as it is. Although, the problem there is way better than the Lakeland issue(s).

This is MDOT and the great LAST place in everything imaginable state of MS what did you expect? I've worked on and reworked projects that were 20 years old that were never built to begin with but hey we got paid twice. example number one the fly over from 49 north onto I-20. Complete waste of tax payer money for 20 years before built. I'll shut up now since I was taught to not bite the hand that feeds me. Get a grip MS tax payers the politicians you elect are stoopid and waste your money on a daily basis. It's not just hinds county it's the whole frigging state!!! It's fill of wasteful idiots. And yea we are still last.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #3637
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,480
Maybe I should just go ahead and add the location to the map and see if that helps anyone find it... Or else, I guess the game is over and I won?
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #3638
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer
 
Kingsized's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Central MS
Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Maybe I should just go ahead and add the location to the map and see if that helps anyone find it... Or else, I guess the game is over and I won?
I'll grab it in the morning. I had my bike stripped down and haven't ridden this week but am in the morning.
Kingsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #3639
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
This is MDOT and the great LAST place in everything imaginable state of MS what did you expect? I've worked on and reworked projects that were 20 years old that were never built to begin with but hey we got paid twice. example number one the fly over from 49 north onto I-20. Complete waste of tax payer money for 20 years before built. I'll shut up now since I was taught to not bite the hand that feeds me. Get a grip MS tax payers the politicians you elect are stoopid and waste your money on a daily basis. It's not just hinds county it's the whole frigging state!!! It's fill of wasteful idiots. And yea we are still last.

I'm starting to worry. I've agreed with 2 of Roy's recent posts.


__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #3640
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
I'm starting to worry. I've agreed with 2 of Roy's recent posts.


Anybody checked to see if any MAJOR DISASTERS are scheduled-THis is getting scary --

BUT I LOVE IT


__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #3641
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightwork View Post
anybody checked to see if any major disasters are scheduled-this is getting scary --

but i love it


teotwawki
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #3642
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
teotwawki
That's great it starts with an earthquake...
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #3643
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
That's great it starts with an earthquake...
No fear, bring it. I would rather face the actuality than contemplate the possibility.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #3644
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer
 
Kingsized's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Central MS
Oddometer: 771
Ok, here you go. Nice crisp weather over by the Reservoir.



And the new tag: (not as good a picture as I thought it was to be. Note the elephant in the background) If I need to, I can go back and re-shoot it.
Kingsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #3645
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsized View Post
Ok, here you go. Nice crisp weather over by the Reservoir.



And the new tag: (not as good a picture as I thought it was to be. Note the elephant in the background) If I need to, I can go back and re-shoot it.


That's the old tag....
I needed a laugh today...


This is the current one:

__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015